Your Choice of Browser

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by t6ler, Jun 4, 2012.

?

What is your choice of browser?

Google Chrome 61 vote(s) 69.3%
Internet Explorer (all versions) 5 vote(s) 5.7%
Mozilla Firefox 19 vote(s) 21.6%
Apple Safari 3 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. You know you bumped this thread from 5 weeks ago?
  2. I visit here by the alerts tab,and I didn't notice the date of last post.
    Sorry:p
  3. Oh, no problem, but yeah, was there under the post window a red text that says that it is rude to bump it again?
  4. I have used IE once.
    That once was when I installed Google Chrome
  5. I didn't switch to Chrome because it was the most popular browser or the most advertised. I was one of the early adopters of Chrome when it was still in beta. Around the time before Chrome came on the scene, I was starting to look around for alternative browsers to Firefox!

I left IE a looooong time ago for the original Mozilla browser. I switched to Firefox early on in its life because it was a lot faster and smaller than the full sized Mozilla. I used Firefox for a long time, but over the years of updates and newer versions, it started getting slower and more bloated. Once Firefox is loaded, it's a pretty fast browser, but it was taking longer and longer to even start up for me.

When Chrome was first released, I gave it a try. And even went back and forth between Firefox and Chrome for awhile. But one thing was clear, Chrome definitely loaded faster, and was overall a much faster browser than Firefox.

There is one thing I'll concede though. It has to do with the way Chrome works. It potentially can eat up more memory than other browsers. And that's because each tab in Chrome is essentially a new, individual browser process. That's how Chrome can continue operating if one tab crashes as it doesn't bring down the whole browser. Even so, I do like that feature. And most machines today have plenty of RAM to handle how Chrome works.

I haven't looked at Firefox's latest version, though. So if it underwent a complete overhaul to make it as fast as it used to be, I wouldn't know. What I do know is that at the time I switched, Firefox was getting really slow, though still better than IE. I had been looking for alternatives only because I was fed up with how slowly Firefox was starting up. It's otherwise still a good browser, probably.

Edit: I didn't look at how old this thread was either. I was just looking at what was recently posted to.
    thecontroller likes this.
  6. I made it :D
  7. You also forgot that in return of memory consumption Chrome provides a more safer browsing. It uses sand boxing, meaning that like what you said whenever you open a new tab its like a new browser. Sand boxing prevents malicious websites from attacking your computer or affecting other browsers.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  8. fire fox stinks
  9. me :p

im using Chrome OS (Chromebook :D)
  10. lol
  11. Chrome app for iPhone is sweet, just saying. Ya'll will be amazed :)