Your Choice of Browser

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by t6ler, Jun 4, 2012.

?

What is your choice of browser?

Google Chrome 61 vote(s) 69.3%
Internet Explorer (all versions) 5 vote(s) 5.7%
Mozilla Firefox 19 vote(s) 21.6%
Apple Safari 3 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. Yeah, I hated remembering passwords. XD Now, the only time I have to worry about that is when I log in to "secure" places that don't even allow Firefox to save your pass...so I have to remember a stupid password just to check my grades, now. -_- I may start to use chrome for certain things, but probably only browsing Youtube on my non-uploading account. :p
    marknaaijer likes this.
  2. Chrome is designed differently from other browsers. What happens is, when you open a new tab, you're basically opening another Chrome program, so it's one program per tab. This allows Chrome to run faster on multi-core computers (pretty much all new computers today are multi-core) because the tabs can be divided up amongst the cores. All other browsers run all their tabs in a single program, which makes them slower (sort of like how Minecraft is single-core).

Other browsers may have adopted a similar architecture by now, I'm not sure. But Chrome was the first to invent it.
    scratchminus likes this.
  3. Thank you for explaining it simply to me without shoving "CHROME IS DA BEST" in my face. XD JK.

But seriously, I do understand now. Thanks, I appreciate the information. :D
  4. scratch it's not a problem. :) I just wanted to explain that because it's probably the main reason for why many people experience Chrome as being faster.

Also, an advantage to Firefox is that it's been around longer, so there's more extensions for it.
  5. I'm not saying google chrome is the best, I'm saying that it tested to be the fastest under optimal circumstances.
  6. ALRIGHT, WHOS THE ONE PERSON WHO HAS A MAC
  7. I have a Mac and I run Chrome. Safari is sllloowww.
  8. I use Firefox, because I've found it very reliable. I've tried Chrome, and it's fine - but doesn't have all the plug-ins I want to use.

Main thing: Anything *except* Internet Exploder Explorer.
  9. What are the 'plugins' used with firefox?
  10. OOOOOOOOOH. Ok, so it's the fastest under specific circumstances, which makes it ONE OF the best. So we can still all agree that no browser is "best"? :p

Considering I rarely use chrome, it's not a huge deal to me, I'm just curious.
  11. Sorry, I should have said:

The plug-ins I use are nothing to do with minecraft. They're obscure things such as, stripping out a book ISBN code from a website and formatting a citation entry. They 'work for me', so I'll stick with ff.
  12. Agreed - there is no single "best". For example, there are much faster browsers, like the text-only Lynx browser. Depends what you want from your websites.

13. Firefox 13 Download
  14. Chrome all the way!
  15. Each browser has its own strengths.
  16. i mainly like crome for its wide content and it doesnt have thos "ask" things!
  17. well too bad for you
    marknaaijer likes this.
  18. IE keep crashing on me while watching youtube.These methods work for me
    1)Use the lightweight mode of youtube
    2)Use firefox (Best method for me)
    3) Watch youtube with my tv