Your Choice of Browser

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by t6ler, Jun 4, 2012.

?

What is your choice of browser?

Google Chrome 61 vote(s) 69.3%
Internet Explorer (all versions) 5 vote(s) 5.7%
Mozilla Firefox 19 vote(s) 21.6%
Apple Safari 3 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. Opera is another browser, but it's not really advertised that much, so...not many people really know about it.

As for chrome, I'm almost positive a download link pops up everytime you open google. There's even one right below this page on an ad as I type. XD
  2. Chrome ftw. (-:
  3. I went through a phase where I tried a bunch of browsers. One of the best ones I tried (I did not count Chrome, IE, Firefox, or Safari because they're 'mainstream') was Opera. It has a lot of great features, and it's decently customizable.
    I also used Camino (by Mozilla) but I stopped using that because it (at the time, at least) didn't have flash capabilities.
  4. Chrome, it's the fastest, and has as many plug-ins as FireFox.
  5. Chrome = Fast
  6. I use
    I use all of them. Safari on the iPad, IE for remote webmail (company request), chrome on one of my older laptops, and firefox on everything else.
  7. Seems legit. XD I do use Safari for watching Youtube videos on my ipod, though, because it loads them much faster than the app and has more features.

Ah, but I've got you now! Do you ever use Opera, the incognito browser?! >:)
  8. True Dat
  9. You do realize PCworld did a test on all 4 browsers (and a few other ones) and the top browser performance wise was Chrome, followed by Firefox. Safari finished last and IE finished third or fourth.
  10. Cool. So Chrome is the "best". Oh gawd, if a bunch of people comment saying "Told ya so" I'm gonna bang my head against the wall. So I'll say it for ya...

You told me so. XD
  11. I use Firefox or Chrome.

Chrome is pretty quick but there are some hacks that one can do in order to make Firefox almost as fast as Chrome.

About:Config Hacks
    For example: Disable Tab Animations
    More hacks | See url

Source: http://savedelete.com/firefox-tweaks.html
  12. I use Opera. The best of them all.
    scratchminus likes this.
  13. I alternate between Google Chrome and Mozilla Aurora.
  14. I like Firefox but have been having issues with it recently. It doesn't load at times, kicks me off, ocasionally freezes...so I just switched to Chrome over the weekend. It's been pretty good so far. I like Firefox, I like Chrome so they're neck and neck for me. I'd give Chrome the slight edge though, just because it hasn't frozen on me and it does seem a little faster
  15. The proprietary YouTube app is pretty terrible. I highly dislike the inability to sort searches. Apple is notorious for limiting search capabilities. It drives me absolutely insane.

As for opera, I loved the first versions, and swore by them. But the newer versions just don't rub me the right way.
  16. Yeah, it's quite annoying. As for the Safari Youtube, you can subscribe and watch subscription videos easier, the search history is better, along with liking, adding to playlists, and putting videos on watch later. Overall, the version Safari made is SO MUCH BETTER.

I still have yet to use Opera. :p
  17. You have to try it, it's a really great browser. I haven't updated in a while, so I wouldn't really know what bonzd is talking about. I guess I'll see.
  18. I have yet to see a problem with Firefox. But you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I used to use IE, so moving up to Firefox from the glitchyness and bugs of that, I may not be able to notice smaller things/problems that may occur. It may have also just been a computer specific problem (with me for IE and with you for Firefox).
  19. before I joined the army and loved just playing with my computer.. I definitely used opera for everything, or if i was on a computer that did not have it, I used IE... because it did what I needed it to do, browsed the web xD. However, I use Chrome now, just simply because of its cloud capability already. I can log on at home do some stuff, then go to work, log on to chrome and everything is right there, just like I left the house. It is honestly the best feature chrome has, plus, it seems like it is barely there. You have tiny tabs and a very small border, other than that, it is all web. And I like that.

but yeah, there was a long period I used Opera, but due to cloud capabilities and ease of use, I find myself using chrome at 99.9% of the time these days.
    roblikescake likes this.
  20. I think most of my issues with Firefox are related to some issues I had with my laptop. I really did like it and will likely go back. What I hate the most is having to remember all my passwords. I had them all saved on Firefox and when I switched to Chrome I now have to remember them all to save them again. :confused: