XPGrinder.inc

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Mrsmiley99, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love our mods. We have amazing wonderful mods. I love out community.

That being said, I feel that the mods get a lil trigger happy with the thread closing button. Arguments and debates do not make for a bad community - it makes a diverse community. It gives our community the feeling of being lively, of showing people's true nature, which can be important when knowing whom not and whom to work with. It is a wonderful tool. As long as things are not out of control, they should leave it alone.

As far as being off topic - it happens. People like to have fun. Its a game. There is nothing wrong with people enjoying playing a game.

Alex, hun, you really need to take a deep breath - and then grow up. I'm sorry darlin, but you are doing yourself a lot more harm than good! You even have the mods saying you are not in the right.

Your original post vs this guys original post. You are right when you said yours was better thought out, more mature, and professional. You would have gotten more business than him - simply based off those facts. Instead of that happening though, people are going to say .. "Gee, this guy isn't any more mature than the other - better find someone else all together." YOU ARE ONLY HURTING YOURSELF by carrying on this way.

Sorry caps.

<3
  2. Why because someone else wants to make mob grinders for money? Before you getting all rageface about it who do you think the players would trust more? I'd say the person doing it longer, is more well known, and is a higher supporter level. Though what do I know anyway.
  3. I call dibs on fun not the word but the thing :) now this is a sad thread
  4. I have to disagree with you. I'm on alex's side with this. He has every right to be offended and not so much because he stole his idea. More because he took his ideas and undercut his prices by a huge margin. This alone will have most people going to mrsmiley first.
  5. Here is something funny to watch.
    Mrsmiley99 likes this.
  6. i still believe he should not of stolen alexchances idea after he asked him and alex said no. i will not be using this one even though prices are cheaper I'm going to stick with alex
  7. Yes, it had nothing to do with the fact he acted like a tantrum throwing toddler. Stomping his feet and saying, if hes gonna play with my toys then I wont!
  8. ? I'm confused I didn't say anything about what he said or how he acted. I said I agree with why he is upset and imo has every right to be upset.

So anytime someone complains they are throwing a hissy fit like a baby? Are people not allowed to be upset and show they are upset?
  9. totally agree with you, its hard to hide your feelings when you have had an idea and some one steals it selling for smaller prices.
  10. Then you all realize that it is in fact just a video game. If you get upset over things on the internet and video games. You should come back when you're more mature.
  11. If you want to be in business you need to show maturity - or people don't want to work with you. You said people are not going to want to work with him because his prices got undercut. I said people are not going to want to work with him because he acted poorly. He did not just - show that he was upset. He said in the other thread. I'm not doing this anymore because he is.

The proper way to have dealt with this would have been to say very little to nothing about it. Maybe a quick, one time note saying he was the first on EMC - so people should consider that. Then he should have focused on promoting his business as being better. He went about it the wrong way. That is all I am saying about it.
  12. This day in age you can't say. "it's just the internet/game" These are highly social games that mimic real life interactions. Saying that is just a free excuse to ignore the problems at hand. I mean we have people committing suicide because of things said on facebook. The idea that "it's just the internet/game these aren't real people" needs to go away.

I guess this is a matter of opinion.
    MuffinCraft15 likes this.
  13. People don't commit suicide because of facebook. People commit suicide because they have chemical imbalances in their brains. If facebook wasn't around then something else would set them off.
  14. Until they open an EMC patent office there's just no such thing as owning an idea.

You may have been the first to think of something, but you have ownership only as long as you keep it a secret. Once someone hears it, it becomes part of them too and they'll interpret it their way, mold it, and possibly build on it. Maybe it'll become something even better or morph into something completely new.

The origin of this idea on these forums is here: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/would-mob-grinders-be-worth-it-to-sell.7396/#post-96773

Anyone that says differently is being insincere to the community and maybe with themselves.

Personally I don't have a need for any help building a grinder. I'm perfectly capable of finding a suitable location and setting one up. I'd also prefer to control who knows about it. If I ever set one up for someone else, I'll likely do it for free as I favor friendship over Rupees. But that's MY interpretation of this idea.
    melodytune likes this.
  15. You talk about maturity and then make a comment like this.. I have nothing else to say in this thread....
  16. I'm sorry if you took it in a manner that it was not meant. I was just making a factual statement. Facebook is not the cause of the problem. It really is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. As with all mental health issues. I assure you there is no one here who takes suicide more seriously than I.
  17. On a lighter note. Pab :) I wanna be your friend!
    Pab10S likes this.
  18. Do you have anything better to do "sillywhitemage"? I wanted to hire someone to build a MOB grinder but no one is responding so what is the point of this thread?
    AlexChance likes this.
  19. On facebook you build networks.
    On minecraft you build mob spawners that spits out skeletons, zombies and green tenises (yes, its not a T) that blows up.

So - when someone DOES commit suicide because he lost his Ocelot to a wildfire - i'll come crawling on my feet saying your right. untill then; your wrong.

If Alex wants to associate minecraft to being "real" and "something like real life" then be my guest - i agree with that being a good idea. But he will also need to learn his first real-life lesson here - business ain't for kids, if your afraid your idea will be stolen - hide it. If your afraid it will be copied, copyright it, if your afraid it will kill you, let someone else do it. But most important of all - Don't blame someone for steeling your idea, if its not yours :) Two idiots doesn't make a king, and a double wrong doesn't make it right.

And for further information - whining, screaming and being arrogant sure doesn't help his case towards the general public - and having his friends cover his back is just an awful way to admit you did wrong.
    melodytune likes this.
  20. If I am remembering correctly - you want someone to find you a mob spawner then build you a grinder. The point of these threads are that you find the spawner they make the grinder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.