Wrem

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Dean_Catterson, Jul 31, 2013.

1. mba2012 likes this.
  2. Nice to see the tread is active.
  3. I understand Le Edeen Dur has a strict application process for joining. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of doing this, so Wrem won't be in any alliances with nations that do that, but would happily consider them as allies :)
  4. Wild Reach has an application to....
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  5. I thought you knew...
  6. Hence how Wild Reach and Wrem are not in an official alliance yet

An Alliance would be similar to the EU. Member states would need to have certain features in order to get in. One that Wrem likes to insist on is that any player can come on out here without going through an application process.
    The reason for this is that application processes may ward off new players looking to join from either:
    i) fear of not getting in
    ii) the application taking too long to get back to them
    or
    iii) simply not being bothered to go through typing out their details which they have likely done dozens of times before

Getting new players into the wild is tricky enough even without applications. To get more people in we must make the whole thing easier and faster: something Wrem does by having no application process in the first place and encouraging players to come along and have a look around. You may say this allows griefers and other non-desirables to get into our nation. But, in my opinion, every new player we get is priceless. Besides, if a griefer does come out here and practise their trade; it is very easy to fix and the player will likely get banned for breaking EMC rules :)
    mba2012 and rock00888 like this.
  7. I guess, but they only way not to get accepted into Wild Reach is if you have been banned for griefing/looting before.
    Dean_Catterson likes this.
  8. Of course if someone really wanted to join an alliance group we would open discussions with them :) Your rules aren't as strict as others but to me they still have a few problems.

If I were to apply to be into the Wild Reach then I would be denied. I'm all about forgiveness you see ;) so for that reason I refuse to deny anyone access to my creation because of what they did in the past.
  9. ohh guys ... idea, if pat allows ... we could maybe use his p11 office building for the embassies, its currently isnt being used, but that is only if pat allows, ... insted of wasting space, we could use a ready made building, which is the biggest building in wrem, so therefore could accomodate all the new embassies ?? just saying
  10. It might be a bit too big, all of the embassies for all of the outposts to which we have connections would probably take up half the building, at most. Embassies don't occupy a lot of space.
  11. It depends what your embassy will have. Some embassies take up an entire mansion.
  12. some can be one room.
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. but in MC a large embassy would go mostly unused.
    mba2012 and L0tad like this.
  14. Well I made my triumphant return to Wrem, must say alot has changed.
  15. I present my new company OBAHOco. this company will a modern designed architectural based corporation. I will be looking for a big space to set up HQ so if there is any big spaces available that would be great. I will be hiring loyal and hard workers so PM me if ur interested in a job. Also, feel free to PM me for more info.

16. Wait... Wrem is part of the New Republic!?!?!? Woahhhhh! I still have to visit the capital and all that, and now another city of the Republic to visit!?!?!? Better pack my stuff! :p
    72Volt likes this.
  17. The New Republic doesn't exist anymore. Wrem was the former capital of the NR.
    brickstrike and Dean_Catterson like this.
  18. mba is correct here. Man you have missed so much :p Wrem has been around since April just trying to think here how much we have done since then... You gon' be impressed ;)
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. I have appointed _joe as Deputy Mayor of the City of Wrem. He will act in my place when I can't get on as well as other tasks that are too much for me to handle.

Also, hollyhill105 is to be our Chief of business! He will be in charge of bringing in business owners to Wrem as well as offering some advise to new business owners in the city. Maybe one day we will be able to open an investment group that will offer some financial help to businesses that need it.

Everyone please welcome Wrem's newest officials! Here is the (first) complete list:

Dean_Catterson: Mayor, President of Wrem.
    _joe: Deputy Mayor
    hollyhill105: Chief of Business

Continue making Wrem one of EMC's best outposts to be in with a chance of becoming an official yourself ;)
    hollyhill105, brickstrike and _joe like this.
  20. Thanks Dean for appointing me as deputy mayor. My first action, as deputy mayor, is to announce that Wellies are now the official footwear of Wrem!