Wondering if this mod is legal

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by FadedMartain, Nov 10, 2016.

1. There is a mod that lets you control tnt explosions to avoid certain blocks that you set. I was wondering if I got a support voucher and was allowed to use tnt and then go to the waste land blowing up tnt if I could use this mod or not. Of course I don't want to use it in the case I would get banned but I am hoping that its ok.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. i don't think you have to be a supporter to use tnt
    and about the mod, i'm pretty sure it isn't legal but wait for some more responses to be sure :p
  3. It's legal, because it's incompatible with the server anyway.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Procedure is to contact Chickeneer with requests to review mods that are neither on the incompatible mod list or the approved mod list (disallowed mods are naturally not permitted).

Until you hear back with a verdict, it should be assumed that use of the mod is illegal.
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  5. TNT explosions (and it's effects) are handled by the server, not the client. It's something which gets easily overlooked sometimes, but if you're playing MC in single player mode then you're basically both the server and client (it's why you have the option to use "Open to LAN").

When you're connecting to the Empire then you're merely a client, the server controls what you can and cannot do.

Simple example: you mine dirt using an Eff. V shovel, and at some point the server can't keep up. This can result in your client showing you a completely empty space while there will be places which you simply can't pass (or which could even kill / suffocate you). The reason is because your client thinks the blocks were removed, but the server couldn't keep up, so although you don't see those blocks anymore they're still there.

This isn't fully the same, but not too much different. The server will decide how TNT reacts and what it can do. With that Soul is pretty much on the spot here: it's not compatible and it won't do you much good.

Just my 2 cents of course.
  6. Thank you all for your support! I think I understand now. One last question, Allicanto said you don't have to be a supporter to use tnt, is this true? If so, how do I enable it and if not what is the lowest supporter level to use it?
    Thanks!
  7. You can use TNT without supporter, and its already enabled.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. That is true indeed. Just grab some, get yourself a flint & steel to ignite it (or use redstone) and run out to have a blast :D

There are some things to keep in mind: you can't really create chain reactions, this is put in place to prevent the risk of us players to accidentally lag out an entire server (some of us have huge TNT collections :D).
  9. In order to use TNT in town, you have to have some flags enabled first, as well, I believe.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Sounds like a single player mod. Which you may have installed automatically assuming it has ZERO impact on multiplayer play.
    If anyone has a mod that they would request to be approved for use on the Empire. You would need to send me a message. You must include a link to the mod before any mod is considered for approval.
  11. These are the changes that EMC has done to tnt behavior, so it might do what you were already looking for

TNT Changes(top)

• TNT explosion rates are changed so that around 4-8 TNT is allowed to explode per second.
    • TNT doesn't explode special blocks in the Frontier and in the Wastelands; only common blocks like dirt, stone, sand, and soulsand are destroyed.
    • Dispensers can no longer activate TNT.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. Those flags are explode:damage (allows blocks to blow up) and explode:tnt (allows tnt to actually explode). So to use them do /res set explode:damage T and /res set explode:tnt T.
    Slvr likes this.