Why I Left EMC.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by _REMOVED_104180, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Play this for effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk Lol

Hey Everyone, TheKutesyKiraboo here.. and no, not for an event I can not follow through on. Many of you are going to be very happy after reading this, while a few may be upset. This was all my decision, and no one, and I mean no one will blame themselves for this. Also, I am going to be honest here.

I've been on EMC for about a year now, a bit over actually, and I really did love every part of it. From weird town chats.. *Thanks SMP8* from crazy events, wonderful promos, hilarious re-named items, and most importantly, the people. The people make this server what it is - FUN! I can not think of a time where I came on EMC and didn't laugh. With meeting people, I've developed friendships and bonds with them, that I would never want to break, I'm sorry if it seems that way. I have those few certain people I keep in touch with other ways, via not just the forums. If you would like to still talk to me, send me a PM and we can work something out. *SIDE NOTE* I will not be extremely active on the forums, so if I do not reply to you straight away, it means I didn't see it. Now for the story:

Many of you know.. people.. who I didn't get along with, and its very clear that that is a reason why I am leaving. A person has a breaking point: you can keep pushing and pushing and pushing but.. at one point and time.. something has to give - and for me.. it was EMC. I didn't keep anything but a few tools, and my promos. I did this so if one day I do come back for a bit.. I have something to still use/own.

EMC: I don't know if drama was something that suddenly sparked on EMC or if its been there since day one. I mean, yes - I have said things that have gotten me into trouble. I've tried to fix things with people, but after time you give up. Look, my intentions were not to hurt anyone on purpose believe me.. I would never wish that upon anyone, but when I say something in town chat, and YOU have to make a comment, that YOU know is gonna spark something, why should I get blamed for it? The logic of somethings I do not understand. Just saying, I use to go to events, when I was about 5-6 months old on EMC, then.. suddenly I stopped. Why was that? - Because going meant being around people who I know, would do something to get me in trouble. So, what did I do? Nothing. Its pretty sad when a player doesn't want to leave their res because of some kids who think they can bully via A BLOCK GAME and get away with it. It blows my mind. Also, when you bring up certain topics to certain people, you sometimes do not even get a reply back. If that's you're job, do it.

Clearly there are a million and one reasons why I'm leaving, but overall I'm done. EMC isn't fun like it use to be. I wanted to leave around Christmas, but I thought I would give it a chance to change and I think it got worse. Its a great server, I do appreciate everyone's time and effort into running it, but its not for me.

Thanks so much to everyone I've met, you still do mean the world to me.. and to everyone I haven't met: I wish you luck my friend, who knows, maybe when I return one day, you'll be mod.. and maybe I'll stay.

xoxo - TheKutesyKiraboo *aka* Kira *aka* Kutesy *aka* Kiraboo.. *aka* Kirsten. :) Any questions, please ask.
  2. Unlike some other people :/
    I'll miss ypu kiwa :( please come back maybe when you take a nice long break?

Edit : Haters gonna hate cause they got nothing better to do, but yet squad always here fo you! <3
  3. bye hopefully you come back one day. GL on your future adventures in MC and in real life! Ill always remember you as Caribou thou, lol. you user always confused me hehe
    Jadziaa and TheKutesyKiraboo like this.
  4. First of all: this comes as a total surprise to me and I'm sad to see you're leaving. But...

Because in the end it's still you who chose to respond. Sometimes it's important to restrain yourself in not doing something because you may come to regret it. And trust me: easily said than done. I myself have made plenty of doodoo's, especially in the weekend evenings where I tend to really enjoy myself on the Empire. However... I've also always been very careful not to let things get out of hand (too much) either.

Also, don't take this the wrong way please, but you do know about /ignore right? So here's the thing... A friend of mine was on a certain SMP and for reasons not shared could not get along with several players on that server, up to a point where they ended up with several players in their /ignore list. When I learned of that I did the same thing I'm going to do now and asked them why they didn't consider moving to another server?

Not another Minecraft server, but another SMP. The player I'm talking about followed up on my advice (I even helped them move) and is still playing to this day. And without anyone on their /ignore list I might add.

Why not give another SMP a try before you decide to take off?

With all due respect, but action = reaction.

If those are merely a few players then why didn't you resort to /ignore? You'd basically block them out of your game, you won't see anything which may tempt you to respond and that'll be the end of it.

But the thing is, still with all due respect, we're hearing a one sided story here. Unless I know exactly who said what I cannot honestly comment on this. Other than: it takes 2 to cause drama.

And if they said something which is fairly innocent yet can get you worked over and you then respond in a more hostile manner... Yah, sorry, but that is still you who chose to respond in such a manner. Note: I'm not claiming that this is what happened, as said above this post is a total surprise to me. But that's the impression I got.

As such: are you sure /ignore won't help you here?

I'm sorry to hear that. It is true that EMC can't appeal to everyone, but I'll be honest with you: even though I don't know what exactly transpired I still can't help wonder if an SMP switch couldn't help.

And despite my previously shared, slightly critical, comments I am honestly sad to see you leave. Meh... I often read your sign in as "the kutest kiraboo" (no joke!) and it always amused me (I know I misread your name, and I'm not trying to make fun of you here). I know we don't talk or chat often, but I will most definitely miss you, even if it is only because your nick sometimes makes me smile when you come online.

But in the end... I think you should consider an SMP move. Put the people you can't get along with in your ignore list, switch to another SMP and be a little selfish: focus on those things which you like and give you fun, instead of bothering yourself with the negative things.

Only my 2 cents here.

As said, I for one am sorry to see you take off.
    Ochres, cam7051, The_Mancub and 10 others like this.
  5. Best of luck outside of EMC! :)
  6. Appreciate it Shel.. thank you <3
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Lol.. best one yet
  8. Cya around but you still have my snapchat if you need to message me about anything :)
  9. Well didn't know u like AT ALL.:( But it's always sad when ppl leave the community.:(
    Wish u the best of luck outside of EMC hope I return one day. :( - Fallout
  10. You were always an interesting person to have around on the forums, though the few times I need meet you in-game you were AFK. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed most of the people here and the time you had before the drama.
    TheKutesyKiraboo and ShelLuser like this.
  11. you still have fun on emc and still like playing minecraft right ? so you don't have to straight up leave just because you have beef with someone who also plays. im sure plenty of people would love to have you keep playing ... it's not that hard to ignore the people who don't. btw and this seems to be the case with everyone who writes these long ass letters for their leaving that if you cared enough to write all that out you don't really want to leave anyway lol
  12. I did it so it's out there. I don't want 100 PMs
  13. You should start a PM with some staff if someone is bothering you. Posting your issues over a message board for a community to read seems rather attention seeking and pointless. Either have a 1 on 1 conversation with whose ever bothering you and come to a compromise or PM an official who can make both parties come to an agreement. These leaving threads are pretty useless and serve no purpose other than to get sympathy from those who have no idea what the issue is. If its something you don't feel comfortable explaining to anyone, you can either try Krysyy, or perhaps take a month or two long break. I've had my issues with people in the past as well so I just take my breaks. No need to post about it in the forums.
  14. This isn't for attention. This is to let everyone know what happened to me. Like I've said before.. No need to come here accusing me of stuff.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Agreed.

Somewhat agreed. They can also serve for the OP to blow off some steam and get stuff out off their system.

I've had my rants as well from time to time, more will probably follow, those are also posts which could also be considered somewhat useless.

But I do agree with you in general Roslyn, it might also be a good idea to try and get others involved.

(Edit / Ninja'd):
    Take if from me Kiraboo: Roslyn is not accusing you of anything here.