...when I die!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by King_Hardig, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Hi! I was 3 1/2 hours, walk away from town and I died. Is there an easier way to get back to where I was besides setting the coordinates on my compass and walking 3 1/2 hours. :(
  2. Were you walking from a central outpost? Or from a uh... non-central one?
  3. From looking at the death report, you did indeed die way far out. Just to start, there is no easy way to get back out there if you were just walking. However, some things to think about:
    • If you were to go back, head out from the west outpost /frontier w, and head south with a boat as far as you can to start. Straight-shot boat travel is probably just a little bit faster than walking, though you will have to walk when you reach land masses.
    • Always have materials for beds. You can craft and sleep in one every, oh, thousand blocks or so? to make for an easier recovery if you die.
    • If you want to get the materials you lost back on this one... well it looks like you died in lava from the records, so no luck there. If they weren't destroyed, items on the ground will not despawn unless the area they are in is loaded by a player's presence after about 15 minutes. They will not disappear if no one is around.
    • You could travel through the nether starting from /nether, ending with a portal where you left off. The raw distance is 8x shorter. The drawback is nether-travel is, to put in perspective, 8x more dangerous :p. Lucky for you, beds work in the nether on EMC like they do in the overworld to set your spawn. You might plan accordingly.
  4. Thank you very much for the help. Have a great day and stay positive. :)
  5. Is this still a thing? I don't mind a 3 hour walk (depending on server) and I can give you my word that you'll get all the dropped items back.
    ChespinLover77 and DaysInTheDust like this.
  6. Thanks for the offer but After 3 days of game play I finally arrived to my destination and recovered said lost things. Now I carry my bed with me. Have a great day and Thanks again. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. What is the death report? If I die, is it reported somewhere? How long does it last? I died on July 4th, 2017, somwhere close to 90,000 +, 12,000 + (not exact). There's a good chance my stuff did not despawn because the map on smp1 doesn't show any new paths out there, (currently 2, my friend and mine). He went to look for my stuff right afterwards, but I gave him coord that were too far off. Can a moderator email me my death coord from that date? It might help. Thanks.
  8. We have a log of all player deaths in our moderator tool online. Players can also see their most recent deaths with /deathlog. Since you haven't died since the 4th, /deathlog should work for getting the coordinates of your items.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. And if you're lazy like me in a hurry, you can also use the shortcut /dlog for the same result. :)
    Jelle68 and ToddV like this.