What's your weirdest habits/hobbies?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, May 16, 2019.

1. I have a pretty average voice, but whenever I receive and unknown call or something, I always deepen my voice up to the point where I sound like James Earl Jones (Mufasa and Darth Vader actor) I just have a superstition that if I use my real voice they can use it to track me
    padde73, Foxy_Kitty and khixan like this.
  2. That's a nice one!
    Foxy_Kitty and AncientTower like this.
  3. When I'm working on Hotrods in the shop, I often have conversations with them. lol (One-sided of course);)
    My buddy whom comes in frequently, asks me who are you talking too? I reply nobody:D
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.
  4. Haha I talk to my cats, also one-sided (most of the time ;))
    xxcapmanxx and luckycordel like this.
  5. Hmm...

So I met my gf at a much later age than "normal". First contact was at work, somehow things clicked (no romance yet) and we took a liking to each other. That contact faded a bit and several years later (after I had moved from my birthtown to where I am now) I bumped into her by accident at the train station in Utrecht.

This time there were immediate sparks and we exchanged just about everything we could (email, cellphone numbers, phone numbers, addresses). Utrecht ("Hoog Cathrijne") has some really cozy restaurants, even near the train station :)

The only "problem"... We're both adults (I was... hmm... 42 I think..) and we also took a serious liking to our freedom. When I left work and a colleague and mine figured "Let's have a drink and go out for dinner" then I don't have to call anyone to warn them not to cook dinner for me. It doesn't matter if I come home at 7pm or 11pm, and I like that. And the same goes for my gf... So we soon started a weekend relationship. During the weekend we go visit each other and spend the weekend there, during the week we keep in touch through e-mail, text messages and Steam.

I suppose this isn't really weird (at least I don't think so) but some of our direct friends can't understand why we keep living apart even though we really like each other.

Alas...

We do have a weird habit ;) It was my gf who introduced me to Minecraft. As such it shouldn't come as a surprise that I'm maintaining a (strictly private) LAN server which we use to spend some Minecraft time on. Although it is a LAN server it is also accessible through VPN from the outside (long, offtopic & techncial story). A VPN to which only my gf, my parents and me of course have the "key".

Anyway...

We don't play Minecraft as often as we used to. Right now we're busy trying to solve the "Death and re;Quest" anime adventure. But when we do... Seriously: we more than often start playing on either Friday or Saturday evening. Keiko behind her laptop and me behind my PC (that was the usual way; since a few months I got myself a laptop powerful enough to run Minecraft so these days we sometimes also play on the couch together (either my place or hers)).

What's so "weird" about this is that each and every time we did so this year we'd play through most of the night. And the only moment one of us realized was when we'd look out the window and saw the morning light coming in :)

Which is why we never play on my LAN server on a Sunday evening, just to prevent accidents :)
  6. Another wonderful story from Shel :D
    ShelLuser, 607 and luckycordel like this.
  7. I like eating dark chocolate with raspberries.
    xxcapmanxx and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  8. I eat the crust off of sandwiches and then eat the crustless sandwich, I did that once with a hoagie, it was heaven on bread.

I also do the same with baked potatoes and just potatoes in general, eat the skin off and consume the power within. Really I do this with just about any fruit, if princess Azula had somebody banished for not peeling the skin off of her grapes, that must mean it's really just that good, I ate the grape skin and then the grape, I don't recommend doing that, the skin makes it all worth while, the grape is not worthy without it's popping crunch. This kind of thing makes a mess but hey, I'm eating like royalty and it's satisfying perfectly peeling a peach with your teeth, and it's better because I still technically didn't waste anything.

I speed walk everywhere, inside or outdoors.

I run across the street, I don't like making people wait.

Whenever I like something and I bring it up to somebody that's never heard of it, I sell it off as a be all end all of things (But fountain pens, mechanical keyboards, thrift stores, and skateboards with bottle openers and aluminum trucks are indeed things that will change your life- let that be an example)

I remember things out of nowhere and laugh or smile making it look odd, basically any pre-season 5 Spongebob has done that to me, Pretty Patties is a classic.

I get excited when I see my favorite animals, I call them babies despite them being a huge fluffy husky or an ancient giant turtle or something of the likes, they will always be babies to me.

Whenever I'm on my own outside of my house, possibly returning home or something, I just wander, I once found a farmer's market, walked around, bought a chocolate chip cookie and left, I wanted honey but I doubted they took debit.
    I can be very smart and very dumb, force of habit.

I get really excited when I see something I think is cool, like a dapper man with a pet snake in a reptile convention (The whole convention was really great, Chameleons have their crazy eyes going all over the place, it's amazing, there were spiders, a person was selling a mint condition Deadpool Issue 1 comic, somebody was selling gemstones and stuff!)

I try to justify things, possibly a really deep insecurity of mine, I'd hedge my bets on that.
  9. Well, time for an actual answer to the question.
    Geocaching.
  10. Mainly in school when talking about boring subjects I sit and stare blankly and nothing comes to my brain. It just goes through my ear out the other and in the trash bin across the hall :)
    Bump!