Whats next for EMC?

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey justin just wanted to let you know if you did not see already that I sent you a conversation invite. Should be in your inbox. I just wanted to discuss some things that I think are important.
  2. I haven't read through all comments so someone might have said it but here it goes. I think the paths/roads between res's should have traintracks, and maybe a train station. Just a silly idea but I think it would be pretty damn cool.
    pat2011, alexschrod and Frodomann1 like this.
  3. I think EMC will be the BEST minecraft server!
  4. You should have it where you cabn telaport to mutiple places on your res. And only you can do that.
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  5. Thanks for all of the wonderful feedback everyone. You guys fuel me, EMC wouldn't be great without you :)
  6. you need a auto like thing on EMC because I dont think anything you say is really bad xD
  7. Even the Grandest of tower's will topple with out proper foundations....
    bitmonger20, nmanley and JustinGuy like this.
  8. I fixed that for you :p
    FlevasGR likes this.
  9. Quantity doesn't equal quality, so without some refinement of EMC or titivation of existing features, then there is only so much more you can add in the way of features before the whole system becomes unworkable or a monster to update.

Good call, and good luck!
    bonzd67, JustinGuy and Barkley1987 like this.
  10. But somewhat problematic, too. First, to get a mining cart to move you need a station, you cannot just start it anywhere on the tracks. So we'd need a station every 63 blocks. Or two stations, because we want to be able to ride into two directions. Then about stopping. You can try to destroy your cart exactly where you want to go, but that's not really easy. So we need stations for stopping. As we cannot really build giant switchboards to select where we want to ride to, that means, the carts would stop at every station and would need to be restarted. And then's the multiplayer aspect. What happens when one player sits in his cart at the station and the next player comes with his cart? Minecraft is not really good with cart crashes. Also, if there is something (e.g. a chicken) crossing the road and a cart hits it, it will stop dead in its tracks. And the next cart will crash into it. Then we have many, many , many intersections---but Minecraft tracks don't do intersections. Do I need to start about turning left/right?
  11. ah ha ahh... Nope that's enough :L
  12. Also, as a recommendation for banks using rails and storage minecarts, that there could be a flag for using storage minecarts
  13. I see what you did there (why did the chicken cross the track) :D
    flappystar likes this.
  14. minecraft 1.2.5 is oun now
  15. We should build banks and make it so we can deposit, save, ..... in fact we should build a stock market :D And when it crashes, the economy in EMC will crash, everyone would become sad because they lost all their money, and the Great Empire Depression will start..... Good idea right? :cool:
  16. haha lol that is funny but i agree
  17. Yeah I built a bank wrote an idea rules ect for loans savings ect, STILL waiting for a anwser from the mods as to weather I can run this service...!!!!
  18. We're in the process of writing something up regarding this, but a long story short on this before we do, is that banks and services that mimmick people giving others rupees to "hold" or "store" for them will not be allowed. This was after a lengthy discussion among the staff on the pros and cons.
  19. Yep. It would only end it tears and empty pockets.
    bonzd67 likes this.
  20. And bans. LOTS of bans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.