What temperature do you...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Jun 4, 2018.

1. 1: ...change from Winter to indoor/Summer clothing, or vice versa?
    • Where I currently live (Tennessee), an average person will do this at 59F/60F (15C).
    • However, my grandmother refuses to shed her coats unless it is at least 65F.
      • The exception is if she's working in the flowerbed, in which case 58F (14C) is fine by her.
    • Here's whether I will usually be in Winter or indoor/Summer clothing at temperatures in the 50s (degrees Fahrenheit):
      • 50F (10C)-53F (11C): Winter; I will usually try to avoid going outside at these temperatures and below.
      • 54F (12C)-56F (13C): Depends; generally Winter if the temperature is declining when I go out or it was below when I went out, or indoor/Summer if the temperature is rising when I go out or it was above when I went out.
      • 57F (13C)-59F (15C): indoor/Summer; I will usually try to go outside at these temperatures or temperatures in the 60s degrees Fahrenheit (unless it's raining, of course).
    2: ...consider the water to be warm enough to swim in?
    • Generally, the safe (and most popular, at least where I live) minimum temperature to get in is 80F (26C). This is what I go by too.
    I'm curious to see what you all answer to both of these questions. Anyways, it's 59F right now, and because it's 2:16 A.M., the temperature is dropping, so I'm going to head off. :)
  2. 1 Emm im weird and don't change from summer clothes to winter clothes (except this week for the heat wave) try and find out where that might be😁
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. I don't wear winter clothes. :D
    Not inside, that is. I do wear jeans, usually from December to March. For the rest of the year I wear shorts. Sometimes when I'm cycling to school people yell at me, or I hear them talking about me. :D
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. For me I usually start wearing a jacket if the temperature drops below about 20C during the day. I can usually get away without wearing anything else extra for most of winter, but I live in my jacket inside and outside.

As for water temp, it averages around 27C during summer here, but I'd probably get in even if it were around 24C.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. Pakistan? Iran? The Arctic? India? Calgary? Australia? The U.S. Midwest? The Mid-Atlantic U.S.? The Northeastern U.S.? However, these are all just guesses based off of headlines.
  6. Not close but nice that you looked 😁
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  7. Bump!

Just curious, but what country (or U.S. state or Canadian Province) is it?
  8. 1. Our family turns on the a/c late-April/early-June so that's usually when I switch.
    2. 33F is cold, 50F is usually pretty good and 75F is warm-ish
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. I wear a winter coat at -5C all the way up to 10C. Start wearing lighter jackets up to 15C and then anything above that is T Shirt weather. 25C warrants going shirtless if I'm in my own garden. Pretty sure my skin melts off at 30C.
    We3_MPO, 607 and mba2012 like this.
  10. Interesting questions. :)

1. As for my indoor clothes I wear t-shirts all year (even when it's -10 °C (14F) (on holidays), as, I mean, you're inside...) and jeans most of the year (excluding when I'm on holidays during the long summer break - I wear shorts then, and sometimes a couple weeks around that).

Outside... depends on what I'm doing. Often the only thing I do outside on a day is cycling to school, so I'll only need something else for that: between ±13 °C (55F) and 3ish °C (37F) I wear a fleece, above that nothing extra, below that something extra (depends on the situation).
    When not cycling these temperatures go up a bit, no clue how much, I just do whatever is comfortable. :)

2. At least 30 °C (86F), and that's probably still too cold. Basically, it's pretty much always too cold to swim outside for me.
  11. Now I wonder whether Jelle generally wears shorts or jeans!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  12. Shorts and Tee's 24/7. A foot of snow? Long shorts. 100 degrees? Short Shorts.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  13. Where I am from Canada Saskatchewan. We have nearly 80-95 degree changes(everything I say is in calcius u Americans) in the winter as soon as it hits -10 I bust out the winter coat. I usually where a sweater underneath to provide that comfort warmth feeling. When it becomes -25 avoid going outside at all costs. Those temperatures are ridiculous!!! The winter coat goes away though at around -9 then we transition to just sweaters. When it hits 10 I loose the sweater. Plus 15 is where the tee shirts and shorts are busted out. No matter how hot it is outside I savour every single moment of the beautiful weather. The weather here is as follows 8 months cold grossness 2 months of perfect temperatures. 2 months of me sun tanning in the pleasurable warm heat!