What is your favorite board game?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by farmerguyson, Sep 17, 2021.

1. While going through the latest forum posts today I saw two pictures of the Monopoly jail cards and I immediately had a flashback of playing that game. From the fun times we had playing it all the way to board flipping blowouts.

It made me think of what my all time favorite board game was and I would have to say The Game of Life, or simply Life. How many hours I spent as a little kid putting my head at board level to watch a car loaded with kids, blue and pink pegs, zip dangerously fast around the mountain roads. At the end of the game all the players would place their fully loaded cars on the spinner to see which car could hang on to the high g's spinner.

So, what is/are your favorite board games?
  2. I love Sorry!
    Nickblockmaster and farmerguyson like this.
  3. Glad I could help with the flashbacks..

Life was fun to play. But honestly I’ve always been more of a poker player. Even as a preteen I played poker with my Uncles a lot.
  4. By far, Axis & Allies

If we include rpg, then AD&D

:)

Of course, I'm always happy to play poker too :D
  5. Oooo this should be a fun thread!

Monopoly was my fav board game growing up (early days me loved some chutes and ladders, though!).

However, today my fav board game is prob chess. Every game of chess is unique and you never know what will happen, so it’s always a good time!

I also play a lot of older board games, cause that’s what the bf likes. He buys old games from like the 1950s on eBay and we play them. One of our favs is a game called “Touring” that has the best cartoon drawings of a guy having engine problems!

6. I've always loved checkers! I learned how to play it on Webkinz at the age of 5. :)

I'm also a huge fan of Sorry! And Candy Land. :D

I used to play Monopoly with my neighbors a lot, but we never successfully finished the game, and it often devolved into arguments. ;)
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  7. You say Touring I say Mille Bornes! (from reading they are almost exactly the same game)
    This was a favorite(and still is) with my cousins! Your photo just brought back a flood of memories!

My husband and I are board/card game hoarders, Id have to say a favorite that we have is Dominion(for cards) and Puerto Rico(board game)
  8. I've never heard of Touring. The pictures on the cards are awesome. I really like the Broken Spring card.
  9. We don't have a closet for coats because it is full from floor to ceiling of games. We wanted our son to experience the magic we felt playing the "old" games.
  10. It took me too long to find this! I love board games. Favorite is a hard thing, but I do have a regular couple that I cycle through to keep them interesting.

Betrayal at House on the Hill: A fun 3-6 player game. You and a group of people wander a creepy abandoned house, finding loot and experiencing events. The house gets built as you explore so every game has a different layout. Somewhere towards the mid game, one of the players gets randomly chosen by the game to become the traitor. It is now everybody vs the traitor. Good luck.

Binding of Isaac: Four Souls: A recent pickup, but a nice addition. 4+ players embark on a dungeon crawler. On your turn, you have the choice to defeat a revealed monster, buy an item from the shop, or use items yourself. Careful, other players can help or hurt you. First one to pick up four souls from the monsters win.

Settlers of Catan: 2-6 players settle on an island that is randomly put together each game. Build roads, construct civilizations, and make deals with other players in an effort to become the most advanced society and win the game.

Nyctophobia: 3-5 players. Everybody is blinded and must navigate a maze of a forest in an effort to escape. Using only your sense of touch and the ability to make noise, you must escape the monster lurking, who has a full view of everything.
  11. I usually don't play games that often, but if I'd have to go for a normal board game, I'd go with Settlers of Catan.
    I also like Chess, but, thing is: I'm not that good at it, and quite a lot of my friends play it somewhat competetivly, meaning I usually just feel like a fool. :p

As for games in general: Probably Magic: the Gathering. I play commander with a group of friends and it's a lot of fun :p
  12. I'd have to say Dominion as well. Fantastic gameplay and so many ways to victory.

Honorable mentions: Britannia and History of the World.