What is the difference between a low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise building?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Jul 14, 2017.

1. I've looked it up, but even that doesn't give me enough of an answer. Either very few people were correct and I can't easily find out who, or there's no set definition and many people view it differently.
  2. I don't believe there's a definitive answer for this. I'd say a low-rise is at most 4-5 floors. A mid-rise, in my mind, would be more than that, up to about 10-12 floors. And a high-rise is anything more than that
    Jelle68 and We3_MPO like this.
  3. There indeed isn't a real defenition for it (or in minecraft at least) I'd myself do it a little different than our king, but that's nor really important.
    In real life hoever, I think there is a kind of definition for it (derectly translated to Dutch) low-rise is things Like houses police officces etc. Mid-rise is for things That are tall, or build to have way more Floor space than what they're standing on, but not what I call "WoW-tall". In the Netherlands we haven't really got buildings That are "WoW-tall" but I'd say scyscrapers are, buildings That are originally build to impress people with their tallness, that's what I'd call high-rise. (There is a change it doesn't derectly translate to Dutch, this is as far as I know the Dutch definition.
    KingGeorge4th and TomvanWijnen like this.