What IS that?

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Gawadrolt, May 13, 2015.

1. This is just my 2 cents but I think that even the Minecraft beginners soon learn of the existence of furnaces, so I don't think you'll surprise much people there :p

(sorry, sorry, it was stronger than me! :D)
    Bayymaxx, Gawadrolt and Tisso like this.
  2. So, not as far along as I had hoped/expected. Fortunately wyntyr has offered to serve as comedic relief:

And here is the two of us in a quick status update on the ocean.... soooo long this is taking:

I wasn't able to show wyntyr how we are doing it so she got to experience the learning curve as well. Seems fair though. Wouldn't want to have to learn all the hard lessons for her. However, I don't think budha or I have died from falling yet. Wyntyr seems almost to enjoy pixel death lol. Kind of a running joke we have. She sends us stuff in her ender chest all the time too...
    khixan, ShelLuser and WyntyrReavyn like this.
  3. speaking of enderchests...i have a few more sponges in mine you can use =p
    and as i said earlier how hard can draining an ocean be. its the staying alive i have trouble with lol
    Bayymaxx, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. Question- Will this Be Public when Finished, or will it be Private, as In only a select few know it's Location
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. I thought about the public thing before we started on it but where it is is in a private location so it won't be open to the public :/

Edit: yup 250 mobs, time to grab some carrots and start breeding those bunnies
  6. 120 bunnies at the farm and it doesn't seem to influencing mob spawns. Is it 250 mobs and only 90 monsters? Runs to the wiki
  7. Will i be able to use it since i kinda know the location?
  8. You don't know the location and no, it is a private location :p
    607 likes this.
  9. Update on the farm! Had some fun seeing wyntyr after she fell asleep:

Decided to test out the spawn design in a small area. Mostly to work out any kinks in the end design that might need to be addressed. Did learn a few things and am confident that it shouldn't take TOO long considering the complexity of the build. Ran into a couple problems with the collection redstone though. the spawn apparatus from above:

What the spawn apparatus will look like fro below:

The kill/collection platform:

Bayymaxx and kaptrix like this.
  10. Should be 250 total.
    DubChef and Gawadrolt like this.
  11. So I had my bunnies all nice and blocked away above the center staging area and wyntyr fell in. asked for ladders instead of an ender pearl so we built ladders. then we see that a couple, like 3 or 4 bunnies escaped, no big deal. So wyntyr goes and puts a roof on it with a trap door... not high enough that the bunnies can't sit on the ladder and wait for their unsuspecting victim... me. I jump up to feed the bunnies becuase I am clearing out the last bit of water and guardians are EVERYWHERE. So its time to bump up the bunny count. I get to the top open the door and like ten of them jump out on me. That was a bit scary but... what comes next...

I grab my carrots and jump down in the hole. All of a sudden it looks like there is only 5 bunnies, one in each corner and one on the ladder. so i feed them and then switch my items because bunnies are glitchy. as soon as i switch my items.... POPCORN, the whole pen explodes with the 200+ bunnies and not just inside, outside too. There are bunnies overflowing just like the popcorn dispensers you see at the theatre. Falling off their pen to their death and decreasing the bunny count by... *checks /entc*

you gotta... no way... 95 bunnies survived, it was bunny genocide. Be warned: the following pictures contains way more bunnies than some may be able to handle:

http://imgur.com/a/acJuX
    khixan, 607 and WyntyrRaevyn like this.
  12. Cuteness overload. I tried to find bunnies near our base to bring out to the guardian farm, but I had to settle with pigs.
    DubChef likes this.
  13. first my locked chest for the claiming process now the bunny pen...at this rate people might start to think i'm out to get gawa XD (which i'm not both were honest accidental pranks/mishaps). those images are adorable tho. pity i had to go to bed and couldn't witness it in person
    607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. What are those green numbers in the pictures?
    georgeashington likes this.
  15. 607 likes this.
  16. Currently digging out a 64x60 area to y 13 with Budha. Haste 2 beacon and Eff V picks, thank you minecraft gods for these tools. Will edit with progress pics when we decide we have had enough digging
  17. The last twenty levels we have to mine out are about half done:

Budha got all excited about the slime chunk. I proceeded to explain that within our outpost there is about 1,000 slime chunks and we can find one that isn't in our guard farm lol:

I put some trees overhead which adds a little scenery and will let us get all that wood we need for the... dc of fence gates we will be using ugh. You can see the exploding bunny pen above our little safe haven in the middle as well, its the dirt cube next to the trees... only about 30 bunnies left.

607 likes this.
  18. Wow, we have got so much done since the last update... even this picture isn't even close to where we are:

The second picture is freaking hilarious. If a mod thinks it is inappropriate feel free to remove it. It shows our collection system in the background though

This is where the spawner was yesterday, we finished putting signs down and mining out under the signs last night. We are filling the top in with water. Got about 1/5 of the spawner running for the last 24 hours-ish. The rest should be up tonight and will be finishing up the collection system as well. All in all we should have it pretty much done tonight with only upgrades left to do. Should be getting our spawn count and have automated collection... but will be improving the collection system and making it pretty. I plan on building over top of it. Will keep it running and give me something to do besides just AFK... will make another thread for that later though as it should be a very fun build... and take months probably.... which is the whole point, waste time while having the spawner going.

19. Nice farm you got there. I've seen you made a glass floor to troubleshoot the minecarts, I made a change to my farm in order to do so without the hassle of replacing thousands of blocks.
    khixan and Gawadrolt like this.

20. Nice! gorgeous as is the rest of your farm that I saw on other pictures. When a minecart stops in the middle we just have to break one glass block above it, break the cart, break the one piece of track under us then build up two blocks to get out of the glass, break those two blocks, replace the rail, replace the glass and reset the minecart. Before the track was finished we had a couple of mishaps but since it has been done we haven't had an problems with the minecarts. Thinking of putting in a second collection system on the other side but it really doesn't fill up fast enough to warrant that, so pretty much scrapped that idea, would take about another 36 hoppers and 72 chests to do it. I already installed the first line of hoppers on that side before we finished it.

Will be updating with our farms most recent additions in about an hour-ish. hopefully it doesn't take that long :D