What idiot came up with the Giant Zombies?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FatherGuse, Sep 7, 2015.

1. That's glitched, from what I've seen. I stay in Dif 1 and all the mini-bosses/enraged attack me without being provoked :I
  2. I have fought 3 momentuses and beat them all. What I do is just place a bed when the "the ground shakes near by" message comes up. Then when I die I'm right near my stuff.
  3. I would like to see the mobs in the tutorial surrounded by barriers, not glass.
    Dufne, ShelLuser and WayneKramer like this.
  4. It works for me...
  5. well voters gear, a water bucket, knockback 2 bow and good kiting skills
  6. If you have the proper gear, you can take it head-on by yourself. If not, mark the location, head back to Town, and grab some more players to help you out. A momentus will have some good drops, so there will usually be 2-3 people willing to come along for the fight, and probably with decent gear. Just make sure to form a group, so that you get additional tokens during the fight.
  7. I place a bed next to it, die on purpose a couple of times so that momentus makes one of his big holes, and then jump to the bottom of the hole. Once I am at the bottom, there is usually a cave in so I go in there so that he won't get me. My stuff is at the bottom, so I just pick it up and kill him. I have killed him 4 times, and I have done this every time.
  8. This actually happened to me. My first day on Emc I went to the waste and a momentus spawned right next to me lol. I died immediately of course.
    DubChef, FDNY21 and khixan like this.
  9. noobs always punch momentus then are like "y i ded m8?"
  10. Hah, well they are harmless unless you (or someone else) attacks first.
    I learned this the hard way once, when I ran past one thinking 'no, I shall not slap you giant' and then it promptly warped me under its foot and squashed me.
    So, a Momentus never attacked is pretty peaceful. A Momentus that has been attacked, shall take its fury out on anyone in the area. (think pigmen)

Reminds me of some of my first days on EMC, when the Momentus was invincible. Who else remembers this ;).
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  11. Haha, I love this thread. Takes me back...

Of course, now I can look at that old "Survival Update" thread and laugh, but man, at the time there was so much angst (including mine).
    ShelLuser and highlancer54 like this.
  12. *off topic* uhmm one can use the German word "Angst" also in English?
    sorry if this sounds dump, but I'm German and think this is funny :D
    paddy86788 likes this.
  13. Yeah, it's a word in English too, and according to Wikipedia takes its roots from the German one.

"Angst means fear or anxiety (anguish is its Latinate equivalent, and anxious, anxiety are of similar origin). The word angst was introduced into English from the Danish, Norwegian and Dutch word angst and the German word Angst. It is attested since the 19th century in English translations of the works of Kierkegaard and Freud.[1][2][3] It is used in English to describe an intense feeling of apprehension, anxiety, or inner turmoil."
    Lukas3226 likes this.
  14. if they are near the spawn just use voters armor and sword, it soulbound and you will die a lot but you don,t lose anything and you will eventually wear them down. If not near spawn then take a bed and set spawn.

Only problem I find with them is when I am mining and they get in your way or marlix spawn in and start shooting at you because you have forgotten to set your difficulty to 1 to do that type /ps and reset it and wait 4 minutes or something like for the server to make the changes.
  15. .. well .. killed one with some assistance .. still don't like them .. lol ..

.. when I did the tutorial there was no such thing as the Momentus .. it's newer than me apparently ..

.. got all the diamond armor and weapons .. though I don't vote as much as I used to so don't have the Voter's Gear ..

.. have seen and fought and killed a Marlix .. just forgot their name ..

.. I'm a miner and a builder .. it's what I like to do .. that dang Giant Zombie was an ugly surprise ..
  16. I wonder.. Can Momentus equip your enchanted armor if you die? :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. Aaah, my good friend momentus. we like to beat each other a while. But he always lose.

Use, voters armor. make sure you have a bed close to momentus you sleeped on before battle.. and then..... :cool:
  18. I remember hunting them then making the first enraged farm with m4nic out of them.
    highlancer54 likes this.