Welcome to EMC Auctions / Rules [Read This FIRST!]

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by IcecreamCow, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank you, but this still does not explain why to limit the amount to exactly full double chest.
    Can someone (ICC?) please explain this limitation of the amount?

Besides that, I do not see anything wrong with that "pet pack" auction. (?)
    IMO, there is even nothing wrong with selling / auctioning crap.
    The rule about one auction at a time should be enough to prevent people from making dozens of (crap) auctions at once.
    Perhaps there could be a separate forum for "miscellaneous auctions."
    One should not limit what and how people buy or sell (*).
    This would be against the freedom of the market and would hurt / choke it.

* Besides services that would obviously break the rules (ToS, 10 Commandments)
    and out-of-game things, which is obvious...
  2. I love servers with clear instructions
  3. When you close an auction do you just change the title to say that so we still have record or do you delete the entire thing?
  4. When we close an auction we leave it readable but prevent any new posts being added.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  5. Ahh I see, thankyou.
  6. Davie also question .... i noticed that sometimes in some threads you can't delete your posts ... is this only in auctions to like prevent taking a bid back or what?
  7. Most likely yes and that OP can't be change after the auction starts
  8. Well my first auction got closed because I read over these rules and saw the part stating:
    "Any item in bulk (Double Chests ONLY with STACKED items in each slot, or 54 unstackable items) For example: 54 Buckets or 54 FULL stacks of Diamonds"

Which means more then one double chest. Since there is no such thing as a single double chests, unless your referring to more then one double chest. I am pretty sure you should change it to "A double chest" ect.

Since when making rules or contracts you need to be precise. Otherwise there can be loopholes. (I should know iv had to make some contracts) Which my auction btw wasn't breaking the rules when I followed what was stated here even though it was in a way a loophole. Even though the past auction I tried to do a mod (who will go nameless) it would seem typed to fast and stated only a single chest of like items. I am quite sure by their logic they meant a double chest. Since in the rules it clearly states double chest(s) not single.
  9. Technically saying "double chest" would be inaccurate grammatically. Because there is no actual item called a Double chest. Instead 2 chests make it up.

Ever since the new rules were implemented, only 1 double chest has been allowed to be auctioned off at once. Sorry you missed the memo on that.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. I suppose I could have said "a single double chest", but that sounds so awkward.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. The part you are quoting is in reference to what items are allowed in auctions. We allow one double chest per auction. With several auctions running, we therefore allow several double chests.

Maybe we should use the correct name and have single large chests only.
    margaritte and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. How many auctions may I hold at one time?
    Updated: 06/03/2012
    You may hold ONE auction at a time per account. This means if you have username1 and username2, you can hold one auction at a time for each account. Your auction may contain several items in it, however, please do not hold multiple auctions within your one auction thread. If you would like to hold more than ONE auction at a time, please consider becoming a Supporter and taking advantage of our Supporter Auctions Forum.
  13. Achievement Get!
    Quoted By 3 Moderators.
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  14. I never said that the several auctions were from the same player. :p
  15. Ok. I misread it:)
  16. I've asked a couple of times if this could be re-worded to be more precise since I've seen a lot of people where someone interpreted "Double Chests" to mean that they could have more than one in one auction. I also see how it might be a tricky thing to word correctly.

No one's mentioned it, but the chests never actually change hands. So we aren't actually selling chests of anything. We're selling what's in the chests.

Perhaps the key is the number of items or stacks then. An auction should include exactly 54 stacks of one item unless approved by a moderator. Each stack should hold the maximum number of items for that type.
  17. i got what we might could say ... maybe a little chest (single) and a big chest (double) ... sounds simple, but maybe it could work :)
  18. So we can only auction off double chests? what about typing into the server itself?
  19. You may hold auctions on the server, but please do so in residence or local chat channels only.
  20. Do res auctions have to be a double chest?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.