We are losing all the great members

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DemonThunder345, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Where do you get that number?
    We've had 8600 play in the past month.

Excluding anyone who signed up in the past 31 days, 3700 has played within the past 2 weeks.

3100 of those are older than 90 days.
    2600 are older than 180 days
    1900 are older than 1 year!
    240 are older than 2 years.

In the past 7 days, 2100 members have played who are more than 6 months old.
  2. Oh whoops. I was on smp1 a while ago and I had asked that and a few people thought that was a high number, my bad eye car
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. I'm still here, kinda. Remotely. In a way. Perhaps. It doesn't seem like too many of the older members are vanishing. (and I mentioned I'm still here as I am just that awesome)
  4. I one say hope to be a great member, almost at my 600 day mark and still trying to get my name passed around the servers. Lol
  5. There goes another member. *sigh* it's "Let's all leave EMC" day
  6. So you want people to quit their jobs, families, and life to play empire minecraft? I know it sucks that people are leaving but most of them go for valid reasons.
    hashhog3000 and NetherWorld666 like this.
  7. Nononononono I was just sad that lots of members are leaving today.
  8. Is that why so many people shorten it to "Kep"? That's how they're pronouncing it mentally?
    I've always wondered about that. For the record, "p+h" is an "f" sound - "Kef-ras"
    Very silly thing to quibble over now, I know, but I figure there's no harm in clearing the air on that score.

As a note: Despite my status, I will still be around EMC for a few more days, as I have some final tasks to wrap up before my absence becomes more permanent.
    hashhog3000 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  9. I've always pronounced it kefras :p
    Hope you enjoy your time left on EMC. ;)
  10. I dont know exactly what to say. Thanks for considering me a great member? Alot of people onbhere have ways to get to me outside of emc. Im sure there will be a couple days to get things wrapped up.
    battmeghs and hashhog3000 like this.
  11. People come and go... But hey! I'm still here! :)
  12. What defines a great member? Someone with lots of posts? Someone who has been around for ages? Me?

Anyways, people leave all the time, and it just happens that three people decided to leave and tell everyone about it, at a similar time. This is nothing out of the ordinary.
  13. Wow, im part of only 240!! Jeepers, yikes etc etc :eek:
  14. :p Old
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  15. I'm kind of only around in hopes that someone will make a good text-based role play.
    Plus, sometimes people say stuff in the Pony conversation and I'm not sociable enough on fimfiction to talk to anyone.

I could never formally leave, lest I be forced to eat my words.
  16. Yeah I have noticed some of the great players leaving. These 3 players were highly good players and popular. Sad to see them go. :(
    RainbowChin likes this.
  17. Not all of us who have left are gone permanently. Life has just gotten in the way for some, we all have different hobbies that catch our interests, some may have personal things to take care of, some may simply just need a break. Others who have left before made their way back. We may not always say much when we do but some of us still visit from time to time to see how our "family" is doing.
  18. I don't know why, but I absolutely love statistics. Maybe its cause they get to the point fast and they're just straight facts.
  19. Indeed, >100 players logged in across 11 servers, containing 7 worlds on each = 77 different worlds. (with up to 9 possible outpost locations within 1 world, and 1000's of blocks between them)

The global communication system doesn't link any of them, and only globally within the Town world of each 11 servers. :) (And Personal or 'party' communication only works within a server)

So it is easy to feel alone, or that people are not playing 'with' you. But the server is definitely 'large'. Few servers boast more than 20-30 online at any time.

I personally have traveled far in the multi-player server world, in the short time I've played minecraft. I have enjoyed learning a lot about Minecraft, and various plugins, Custom Worlds, Custom content and custom plugins. I've learned a lot about farms and automation, as well as Architectural design and color pallets. I've learned many tips and tricks of combining items/blocks to achieve different looks and profitable benefits. Every aspect of Minecraft interests me. :)

There have been many reasons I have left, or was made to leave different servers.
    Some I looked at and left, as they were just lame, or not what i was looking for. Some because they were run by idiot owner/staff (Age more often than not a factor in that behavior). Some I just left due to inappropriate/harassing behavior of staff or players (Of which one was reported to American Authorities for illegal behavior, and has since been shut down).

But those I stayed with more than a month, I eventually simply outgrew. I am still a player there, with builds and businesses intact. I'm simply not active. I will continue playing EMC as long as it interests me, and I have projects to work on, and people to be entertained by. :) I have put time and effort into my few 3 weeks of EMC, because I believe it is a unique top quality server that will continue to grow and be great.

The only reason EMC is not represented in the top 'voted' servers is simply numbers. EMC does not have the huge playerbase to vote enough to outdo other servers. But I know EMC, I have seen many other servers, and I'm telling you EMC can rank top. Just need the player base to vote, and put it there. And that can happen very rapidly, as long as EMC i ready for it. :) Like grief prevention. <--- ;)

What was my point? ....
    Oh yes. Point was. EMC is a great server, though the indicators may not show it right now. And Players do eventually leave. The fact that these 'GREAT' players stayed so long (2 years? seriously?) is a tribute to how great EMC is. IMO
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  20. OK... maybe EMC DOES have the playerbase to outrank other servers in votes. Just need to better insentivise? the people :)

How about a small random chance of a really cool special prize? (a random custom item previously given out for some promo). Each time you vote, you get .1% chance of a special prize. Could be a custom item, could be a stack of diamonds. whatever.
    Gadget_AD, Kman122000 and IcecreamCow like this.