Vrakroth's Guide to Mythical Beasts and Monsters

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by Ritunn, Nov 9, 2016.

1. I'm confused...
  2. Your missing the hydra
  3. It's not exactly missing if it's not part of it.
  4. Im not a myth XD
    Shadow_Dcord likes this.
  5. Name: Lunarian
    Myths: Draconic
    Description: Lunarian, the god of the moon and darkness. He is the contrast to Solarian's light. He was the second son of Gailana and is the less popular one. He's famous for tricking others when he's not fighting Solarian in their constant battle to tip the scales towards their side.

Although dragons dislike both Solarian and Lunarian, they have a special hatred for Lunarian. As the god of darkness, he is sly, dishonorable, and chaotic, everything we stand against. We'd like Gailana to do away with him, but that'd destroy the careful balance she's created and is intent on keeping. We do not revere him and many others follow our example. The most reverence he gets is from pitiful thieves and fools of questionable morals.

He is capable of much but wields powerful shape-changing magic and uses this to his advantage when he walks among us. He is also responsible for many of the evil creatures in this book indirectly, for his darkness is what birthed their putridness into being and what continues to sustain them, whether they realize it or not.

End of Page 24
    607 and LordessLevy like this.
  6. I have heard "Gaia" in many places some as a being or some sort of holy, magical force. Not exactly what it/who she/he is, but the word has appeared in my life quite a lot. It is also in a video game I play.
  7. Gaia is the Earth-Mother, she is the world. Thus she is named Denek in Dragontounge.
    607 and LordessLevy like this.
  8. Name: Strigoi
    Myths: European
    Description: The Strigoi is a type of vampire or witch from Romania. The vampire variety is more widely known as it has been represented much in your culture, thus the focus shall be put upon the vampire variety. A Strigoi is a reanimated corpse that sucks the life force of other living creatures to stay alive. They are typically sickly or bloated and likely pale, you seem to have romanticized them however, odd creatures you are.

There are many ways a Strigoi may be risen from the grave, to name a few those who have an animal's tail or an extra nipple, the seventh son of a seventh son, one with blue eyes and red hair, and you can become a Strigoi if you survive being bitten by one. All but the last instance occurs upon death, while the last transformation technique can lead to a vampire plague.

Killing and repelling Strigoi is quite simple, likely one of the few accomplishments your pitiful race is famous for among dragons. A stake through the heart does quite well. If you wish to keep a Strigoi away, some thistle on thewindows or putting garlic on everything (including yourself) works wonders.

End of Page 25
    607, LordessLevy and Allicanto like this.
  9. Name: The Whisperers
    Myths: Draconinc
    Description: These things are not of our reality. They are chaos itself made manifest. They are the Whisperers. There is not much known about these vile eldritch beings, what we do know is that they are only able to enter the physical world through a ritual with the skull of an animal. They appear as a shadowy mist with whispers emanating from their body according to legend when in this form.

In total, we know of 4 of these Whisperers. There is Chiroz, Whisperer of Fear, he will make your fears manifest and torment you to submission. Then we have Akros, Whisperer of Deals, he may be friendlier than the others, but his deals are not as they seem and his price is always extracted and the worst moments. Fandra, Whisperer of Desire is next. She has mortals pursue their deepest desires till death or madness. Lastly, we have Shal, Whisperer of Madness, bringing others away from the balance into the chaos of constant madness.

This is all we know, I've however heard that tales of these creatures is written about in a book named the Necronomicon by their vile followers. Some accounts have also been told by those who have met them, they're typically mad, however, they all insist the same thing. They are the true rulers of this world and there is nothing we can do to stop their eventual return.

End of Page 26
  10. Want to check out some of Lovecraft's amazing works? Head to your local bookstore or search online for his various books. My favorites are The Call of Cthulhu, The Shadow of Innsmouth, The Whisperer in the Darkness, At The Mountains of Madness, and what I call his best work, The Dunwich Horror. Should mention that the stories can be disturbing for those of you who may be younger and a little frightening.
    Raaynn and _Kyoko__Sakura_ like this.
  11. Ha, this is so funny Shadow, cuz i have been working on publishing a number of ancient Grimoires for my characters "study'".. I think I might add the Necronomicon also, though i had not planned to use any fictional ones.... but maybe :) Thanks for reminding me.
  12. Oh the Necronomicon is quite real. Cost 23.99$ at my local Indigo.
  13. Well, yes, a modern publication however... I have yet to see any info on a validated source of the material, as one can find with certain other texts and grimoires, of which ancient copies have been discovered.
    607 likes this.
  14. Well it is a made up text that was said to be written by an insane man. Not going to find any orginal text anytime soon.
    607 likes this.
  15. Buy a book in a book shop or order it online? Wow, nobody would ever have took that initiative unless you wrote it in this thread.
  16. There are people who are like that. I've met many people who wouldn't take the initiative unless I convinced them. They're some great stories and I thought it wouldn't be the end of the world if I told you all some titles to read.
    607 likes this.
  17. So if they wanted to buy a book they wouldn't go looking for it online or in a bookshop?...
  18. What, no. Why wouldn't they go there? I just say that whenever I tell people to buy a book, it's common courtesy as not everyone has that common snese, not saying that any of you do, I've simply met people who don't. There's no need to make a big deal about this.
    607 likes this.
  19. Ok so well this might make me sound stupid but when I want to buy a book I don't go out and buy it xD I am too lazy and tied up in my games I don't wanna leave my house. When my mom makes me come with her to the mall or something that's when I will go and actually buy books. Otherwise, I won't go and buy the books I want but sometimes I will tell my mom or other family members and they go out and buy the book for me as a gift.
    607 likes this.
  20. Name: Dryad
    Myths: Greek
    Description: Dryads are a species of tree nymph that were quite a mystery for some time, till I was requested to learn more of them many years ago. They are similar in appearance to women, beside some differences, such as being a bit more attuned to the woods they inhabit.

There are two types of dryads, one being the normal dryad who simply lives near the tree they were born of, or a hamadryad who is part of the tree. Dryad's lives are intertwined with the tree of which they are born, should the tree fall so does the dryad. Thus, dryads will fiercely defend their tree if the one who seeks to injure it lacks permission to do so.

There are various species of dryads to mention, they're named the meliai of ash trees, epimeliad of apple trees, and caryatids of walnut trees. Though all dryads are connected to Gailana, meliai are special as they were born from the godly being, Uranus' blood as it touched Gaia.

End of Page 27