Voting Improvements - 1/14/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 14, 2015.

1. That's not a bug, it's supposed to happen. A vote streak is added after every 12th hour of voting. You can vote on every link at the same time, but if you want to get the largest vote streak possible, you are suppose to split up the voting so that you are voting at least once every 12 hours. The other votes that you do within the 12-hour timeframes are just for the rupees, tokens, and support for EMC.
  2. Then it looks like you have disabled JavaScript for your browser.
    I got no captcha displaying, same as in your case, when I disabled JavaScrip to test it out.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  3. Try spreading your votes out to be half in morning half in evening, should help if your shooting for 2 a day.
  4. as lad said, either you disabled js or adblock is blocking it. something on your browser is doing it.
    607 likes this.
  5. I guess it mainly has the benefit with waypoints, but also if your blindly exploring the ocean it can help find land.
    It's also extremely useful for seeing chunk lines. It also drops a death waypoint when you die to help you find your stuff.

But the main benefit is the waypoints. But also just helps give you a quick bearing on direction w/o having to use the hard to read F3.
  6. This is great because I had a vote streak of 20 and I slipped up YESTERDAY. I will be able to regain my bonus much easier now. :)
  7. Then this update didn't really change anything in regard to that heh, this was for people who haven't voted in over a month.
  8. i relised that after i comented.
  9. I personally have never gone that hi in my voting, but the -10 voting feature is very encouraging. THANK YOU EMPIRE!!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. I like the /res list +tag :)
    As for the voting... Even less punishment? D:
    Well, I suppose it'll encourage people to start voting again, and we want to have people vote because then EMC will appear higher on the lists and there are quite a few people who search on those lists, find EMC and start playing here, potentially buying supporter later...
    But to me it takes the challenge away. I liked the time when you could get a highscore on voting. Now you'll never drop back to zero, that's ruined entirely.
    Even more diamonds? :eek: I could build a part of my residence on smp8 entirely out of diamond blocks!
    I understand the less rupees part, I was getting incredibly much. Still though, with four sites to get extra rupees on, you still get quite much.
  11. Theres still a challenge of getting that high score... That fishing rod still takes 200~+ days to earn.

Dropping people 90 days worth of levels that they have to go through again before they ever get a new reward, just cause they went away for 3 months doesnt add anything to 'earning'. All it does is discourage them from restarting voting.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  12. Hm. I see where you're coming from.
    On other note, I didn't expect serverpact to do so well, knowing it is a Dutch instead of American based site!
  13. so your saying you only used the mod for cheat plus if the main feature the map wasn't there then the radar would do no good
  14. I think he meant he liked every other feature of Aikar's update. There were two separate thoughts to his post.
  15. What happened to mineservers.net?
  16. :D this thread was posted on my birthday! :D
    commander_JS and Chespinlover77 like this.
  17. yes