Voting Improvements - 1/14/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 14, 2015.

1. they took out( or tried to, not sure if that worked) the Mob locator(basically mobs won't show up on map) and the cave finder(Which if i'm correct, means when you're underground now, it won't show that you're underground...)
  2. The mobs still show on the radar. Haven't tested the Cave thing yet.
  3. what timeframe you basing this on, cause I sent out an update this morning to fix it, and my alt is getting "Server disabled radar" when i login. and i cant see stuff.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  4. I just took this screen shot(10:59 AM EMC time)

Edit: Plus the caving thing still works too o.0

Edit 2: i'm using 1.7.10
  5. I am using as of right now, I was online when the update went out and i reconnected and tested it. It still works for me. I am using the 1.8 version if that helps. Heres proofs :)
  6. hmm, I bet the mod author doesnt disable it for people who already had it enabled or something. Is the radar button disabled? Try wiping out the mods config?
    are you also on 1.7?

I wonder if they added the code for 1.8
  7. But I have a brother too, so I cant vote on every server.
    Patr1cV likes this.
  8. Great updates :) This will be very helpful if I slip up, though I haven't managed to miss a day for 302 days yet :p
  9. I turned radar off and then flushed my config folder with a relaunch and it seemed to have worked, I cannot access the radar menu now as shown below. :)-I do not know if the cave mode works or not, haven't tested it yet
    607 likes this.
  10. Am I the only one to find this more an annoyance than "improvement"?
    Still, I see the purpose behind it so I won't complain much. Just more bothersome to remember four sites than one.
  11. yay, updates
    i appreciate your time for making the empire the most amazing server ever aikar :)
  12. I personally love this update...I have been very busy for the past few months which caused me to lose my bonus and I was discouraged to vote anymore. I'll try to get in the habit again, now that I have my bonus back. Thanks Aikar!
  13. This is awesome! It's like an answer to a unasked question. I'm currently at 103 on voting.

Without a doubt, I know that if I ever missed a day, under the prior policy, I'd have never started back up again. I would have just been too demoralized.

Great job on your new policy.
  14. Well the old policy just had you slowly losing your streak, not necessarily a drop to nothing. Now though you don't have to worry about the climb back up if you forget for a while.
  15. Patr1cV likes this.
  16. You only need to vote on one to keep your voting streak. If you are bothered by having to share the voting bonus with your brother, that is just life.
  17. What is the point of even having the mod if we can't use those features?
  18. I have a couple questions:

I currently have a vote streak of 116. I haven't voted in a few months. Does this mean that the next time I vote I will be at 106? Or the changes only affect new streak losses?

Also, amazing changes! Really, this is the best update in a while.
  19. so i hit a 45ish streak on 3 of my accounts, so what youre saying is my voting streak should be back up to 35ish? If so i might start voting again lol
  20. As a map mod.
    ZBSDKryten and boozle628 like this.