Voters Enderpearl

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ultipig, Nov 25, 2015.

?

What do you think about this suggestion?

+1 36 vote(s) 81.8%
0 3 vote(s) 6.8%
-1 (post a reason in a response) 5 vote(s) 11.4%
  1. I like the idea and don't think it has to be overpowered at all. Especially if you manage to come up with a delay (which is also what the next MC version will have). I'm really hoping for some additions sometimes. Personally I hope to get a voters clock someday (simple normal, regular, clock with the soulbound perk).

That is something to be proud of and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

The only difference is that some of us have been around a little longer, but that doesn't make a 150 streak any less awesome than it is!
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  2. Bump. This suggestion has received a lot of positive feedback. Post a reply of what you think of it if you haven't already done it! :)
  3. 1000 seems a bit high. I'd suggest 500.
  4. I think it would be great!
    I think it shouldn't be used for traveling, though. I'd like a cooldown of 1-5 minutes (preferably on the lower side of that range).
    That way you can use it when in need infinitely, but can't use it for fast travel.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. So it's basically like an Avalauncher, but shoots end pearls instead of snowballs. I like the idea, but I think the cooldown should be 15 seconds.
    UltiPig and Rhythmically like this.
  6. LOVE it. this + avalauncher in PvP
  7. Sounds like a great idea. I think a cool down of over 30 seconds would make it useless. It'd be better to use normal enderpearls, as they are easy to obtain (unlike the voters) and don't have cooldowns.. :oops: But.. +1, I still like this idea. :)
  8. I wonder what staff will say.
    UltiPig likes this.
  9. The staff say: ... Nothing.
    Nah but I don't anticipate this being added as a voters item. If implemented, it would have some amount of cooldown. It could potentially be added as a rare mob drop, promo, or other special item.
    So... Probably could be added but not now. :)
  10. So wait it won't be a voter's item, but staff would want to increase the commonality of an item with infinite of usefulness? Sorry if I seem confused, cause I am.
  11. Just saying, I would not support it being a voters item; it just doesn't seem to fit. And we do not have a particular use in mind currently - therefore, think of it as temporarily denied with the opportunity to be added at any time in the future.
    UltiPig likes this.
  12. if it was a Promo or something else, more or less would be like the Avalauncher, type deal..
  13. Well I mean something as powerful would certainly be worth voting a high amount of time (for me at least). Just it being a promo wouldn't fit either because knowing people they would either use the 23 alts they have (exaggeration) or just spam purchase it from shop. It being a voter's item would make the OPness of it fair because of the amount of time, dedication and patience it took to get it. Not saying you're wrong about making it a promo, but just something to keep in mind.
    tuqueque likes this.
  14. Well an avalauncher replacement for this year could be cool, if staff plans on doing a similar event this year. Not sure what you would do next year, but hey, that's over 365 days away to figure out lol. Glad to here a staff member open to the idea for it to be used somewhere, sometime. :D.
    tuqueque and UltiPig like this.
  15. There's already plenty of good op voters items out there or already planned. This is cool enough also that I wouldn't want to restrict just to our high end voters.
  16. Well by limiting it to a few players wouldn't that encourage others to try and get it? Which in turn helps out EMC, and then helps the players? Having a reward like this be extremely rare would be perfect, just due to it's sheer awesomeness. Granted 1000 votes is probably too far off but perhaps work it in to where those with higher vote streaks gets better items? This seems like the perfect opportunity to give veteran players rewards that new-ish players can't get, which doesn't seem all to bad of an idea to me.

(Also after reading back over my posts I realize how snarky they might seem, just wanted to point out that I don't mean them that way, this just seems like a highly viable suggestion that would be perfect for those who've been here awhile.)
    UltiPig likes this.
  17. FDNY21 likes this.
  18. Yeah, I agree that this is a great suggestion. :) if I could reply to this thread differently initially, I would have emphasized that. To me, though. I feel the general idea would have a better implementation, maybe add a mob drop for new bosses perhaps. I wonder which mob?
  19. Enderman boss? and perhaps that instead of dropping an enderpearl it drops a bow? That can only shoot Enderarrows that drop from enraged endermen?

EDIT: The reason I suggest a bow is it adds durability.
    chickeneer likes this.
  20. Make an enraged endermen or if and when dragon tombs come out make it a dragon drop >_>