[Video] Computer Programming for all?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ForeverMaster, May 1, 2014.

?

Are you able to write code or interested in it?

Yes. 36 vote(s) 92.3%
No. 1 vote(s) 2.6%
I don't know. 2 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Using the Internet was how I learned most of what I know about art. I did a thread series on the forums where I discussed them.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/building-guide-finally.37163/
    Sorry if I'm going off-topic. I just wanted to relate to how I learned through the Internet.:)
  2. I mostly have been using the java website for learning it. I used w3schools for html/javascript stuff although I have heard that w3schools is a bad site for learning. Project euler is a cool way to practice logic stuff.
  3. The stuff about w3schools was just a few old developers whining about how web development won't be such an special industry with everyone knowing how to make a website.
    607 likes this.
  4. I'm started on Jquery now :D
    Really confused on some of it though...
  5. Have you learnt JavaScript first?
  6. Nope.
    I'm pretty sure Jquery is easier becuz codecademy says it takes 3 hours, JavaScript takes 6 hours.
    Jquery I also messing me up a lot :p
  7. Jquery is an api type thing for javascript. You should definitely learn javascript first.
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  8. Well I'm basically a quarter through Jscript...
    I could do a bit of JavaScript and see which one I find easier
  9. As jkrmnj said, jQuery is a library for Javascript. The reason it takes a shorter amount of time is that it expects you to have learnt JavaScript first, so that it doesn't have to teach you JavaScript, just the available methods in jQuery. So you will need to learn JavaScript first.
    607 likes this.
  10. Is there any site where I can practice my code and/or has free website hosting?
  11. If you are just doing HTML/JavaScript, you can run all of it locally. 000hosting works if you want an actual site on the internet.
  12. There is also http://dot.tk for domainname. The catch is that it isn't legal your domain so no WHOIS info (Unless paid where legal registrant isn't them).
  13. Unless your buying a VPS or something, then the host should supply you with a simple sub domain to access your content. The .tk system as far as I've heard isn't very reliable, and usually messes with you after two years or something.
  14. Really? I have not had any issue with Dot TK as of this post (Although as you said, it was at 2 year when I have had my domain-name since febuary).