Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Thank you so much! Amazing work man.

Would there be any way at all to make this program smart enough to alert you if someone is taking advantage of 2 or more shop signs?
    Say buying planks and selling them as sticks for more?
    Baby_Cookies likes this.
  2. What about the least popular items?

Edit: Is it compatible with linux?
  3. 75 minutes in, it's only on 6k pages xD
    mba2012 and WeirdManaico like this.
  4. only.... D: the horrors you must see if you wanted to find some shop transaction
  5. I still have 13k pages to load :p
    thestar19 likes this.
  6. I plan on adding the ability to group the transactions by player, so you can see the items that each player bought/sold. Using this information, you could look for suspicious activity.

I'd like to add the ability to sort the table too, so you can sort by "quantity sold" for example.

It's compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.

I guess I should change the "30 minutes" estimate on the warning dialog :). Did it ever finish? The thing is, the higher the page number, the longer it takes for EMC to load the page. So the first 700 or so pages will load really quickly, but they gradually get slower after that.
    NZScruffy, mba2012, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.
  7. Hmm, I have 543 pages of rupees transactions but it's still going past that, (It's now up to 4000)
  8. I have a bit under 20k pages, eventually I had to end the program - [x] and [cancel] didn't even work! :p I'll probably load them all tomorrow when I won't be using the computer.

May I suggest grouping the same activity (item and price conseq.) into 1 row, to possibly shorten the time? Is that possible?

Either way, it's fantastic. :)
  9. To be honest, Im pretty certain that the problem lies with EMC and not the software.
    Idk about this software but in Android all internet thingys are really slow, Not because the processor is slow but more because it takes time to upload and download all the data :p
  10. Shoot, I think I know what's wrong. If the very first transaction on page 1 is not a shop transaction, then it will keep trying to load additional pages when it's reached the end. Fixing...

It's not fantastic if it doesn't work, but thanks :). Re-arranging the data in the table won't make it load faster, unfortunately. The bottleneck is downloading the data from EMC :(. I'll see if I can make the cancel button more responsive.

The higher the page number, the longer it takes to load. Just try loading the first and last pages of your transaction history and you'll see a noticeable difference. :) I'm thinking about adding an option that automatically stops the download after so many pages have been loaded (5,000 maybe).

Sorry for all the problems guys. Thanks for being my guinea pigs. :D
    NZScruffy and AlexChance like this.
  11. Version 0.1.1 released. Changes include:
    • Fixed the bug that prevented an update from stopping if the first transaction on page 1 is not a shop transaction.
    • Added the ability to specify which page to stop at, for those that have large transaction histories. Includes an estimate for how long the update is expected to take.
    • Added logging capabilities for debugging future problems.
    screenshot-first-update.png

If you had problems with the last version, go to "Tools > Reset Database..." to wipe the transaction database and start fresh.

Click here to run (or download the full JAR file).
  12. I just made a small update dealing with the way that the database is reset. If you've downloaded the full JAR since my last post, please download it again. You will automatically receive the update if you run the JNLP file.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  13. i keep getting an error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at emcshop.TransactionPuller$ScrapeThread.run(TransactionPuller.java:158)
  14. Love it. Love it.

Quick suggestion - HAve the columns:

Item Name | Units Sold | Rupees | Units Bought | Rupees | Net

Something to tidy up how many you've sold of each item, making it a touch neater to read.
    margaritte likes this.
  15. Thanks for the bug report. Do you have any rupee transaction pages that are empty? I don't think this is possible, but if it happens, then this could be the cause of the problem. I think this could also happen if you have an empty transaction history.

Can you go to "Tools > Show Log" and PM me your log?

I'll see what I can do.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  16. Also, how about the option of logging an account out? Right now you have to download it again to switch accounts, I believe.
  17. I thought people might want to do this. I already added this functionality, but it's not accessible from the UI. If you want to use it, you'll have to download the full JAR file and run the following command from a command-prompt.

Code:
    java -jar emc-shopkeeper-full.jar -p yourOtherUserName
    This will create a new profile with its own database. To load your old profile, leave out the "-p yourOtherUserName" part, or just double-click on the JAR file.

I'll see if I can add this to the UI, but I haven't had much free time lately, so it might be a while. :/
    NZScruffy and AlexChance like this.
  18. wow, good job shaving foam, deffs using this sometime
    shavingfoam likes this.
  19. Thanks
    NZScruffy likes this.