[Updated] Tutorial

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Maxarias, Sep 28, 2013.

1. What parts were confusing to you?

As for the maze comment, the previous tutorial was literally a maze, where as this is more yes/no questions with direct paths to the questions. Please explain where you got lost at, so we may try to make the pathing a little more obvious. :)

I'm glad you were able to find all the answers on the website, but I hope that wasn't too difficult to do, as we created/designed the wiki to be easy to navigate, and more informative.
  2. I don't think it's a maze, I thinks it's more of a giant room of many different colors where you have to run around trying to find the one way out :p

It's like a maze with no walls if that makes sense.
  3. Talking about the Staff Color room? We did sort of put the Staff colors in a few places (floor mats, help button pillars), had a help pillar a bit aways, we'll probably move it closer though since it's a bit far back in the next tutorial update.
  4. Uh no, I'm talking about the first room at the start, and the mob rooms.
  5. When I redid the tutorial I found that it was kindof confusing finding the different teleporters to the next room..
    607 likes this.
  6. We changed it a while ago so there is a lapis lazuli block path leading to all the teleports, minus the staff colors room.

Hm, never considered that really ever giving anyone problems.

I'll see what I can do for the next tutorial update.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  7. I like this tutorial, and I do think its an improvement over the old maze, but I think it feels sorta like a scavenger hunt. A lot of the rooms are big and fairly open, and I felt like instead of being guided through a easy to follow path with each necessary command displayed I was searching around making sure I hadn't missed anything. For example, in the starting room there's branches to tutorial, special mobs, and groups. As a new player, I would probably just go straight to the tutorial section and miss completely all the stuff about mobs and groups. I think that either a colored path on the ground or maybe sacrificing some of the design to make more of a hallway feel could be an improvement to clarity.

EDIT: Just saw the post about the lapis path :p
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  8. Alright, our side of the tutorial update is finished, we just need Aikar to do his thing (This won't happen tonight, haha. We might see this tomorrow, but no guarantee!).
    AlexChance, Gadget_AD, Olaf_C and 2 others like this.