Upcoming Supporter Changes Ideas | Price Poll

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jun 27, 2014.

?

What Prices would you be ok with paying as a Supporter

Poll closed Jul 14, 2014.
10 Supporter | 10 Cosmetic 96 vote(s) 39.0%
10 Supporter | 15 Cosmetic 35 vote(s) 14.2%
15 Supporter | 10 Cosmetic 34 vote(s) 13.8%
15 Supporter | 15 Cosmetic 5 vote(s) 2.0%
One Rank | 20 17 vote(s) 6.9%
One Rank | 25 3 vote(s) 1.2%
One Rank | 30 3 vote(s) 1.2%
I am unable to support the Empire 53 vote(s) 21.5%
  1. Of course. I thought that was implied... If I wanted to shut emc down, I wouldn't need to wait until EULA did it... But it's pretty clear I don't want EMC to shut down.

However there is a minimum threshhold of downsizing. You simply can't run 10 smp's on a single server.

I've actually been planning to consolidate some resources even before all this happened. It's just the time game as always.
    Bro_im_infinite and porphos like this.
  2. We shouldn't need to run 10 SMPs on a single server, If there are so many people that a server is at capacity constantly then that's a hint there is a serious price issue with the supportership.
  3. Or on the contrary - there is a serious issue with what is offered for supporting... which is sadly what started this whole issue.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  4. *Says something else apparently insignificant to get ignored..* :oops:

5. The idea behind the iron -> 5/10 thing. and gold likewise. Is that if you have a current subscription you WILL be getting a discount. If you don't like want it would be getting converted to, you can cancel the subscription. No one is supposed to be suffering from this opportunity to get a discount on a future rank.

I think the reason this was Unintentionally ignored is that it was just a bit confusing :) I didn't fully understand it myself, so perhaps re-ask anything I did not answer (you can even reply to this - promise I will respond with SOMETHING).
    MrsWishes likes this.
  6. Sorry forgot to respond to this.

Yes it will be a tricky situation for Iron, but considering Iron doesn't get much already, those people are mostly doing it to support, so they will in turn be getting more in return with cosmetics.

As for Utopia, that has been covered already in the Q/A, and Iron didn't have access to Utopia wild in the past to begin with.
  7. A way to help ease the Utopia restrictions would be to allow non-supporters to access Utopia wild, endertopia, and get a res on Utopia by paying extremely ridiculous amounts of tokens (similar to getting multiple resses in accordance to EULA).
  8. what about extra residences? will these new ranks get them? and will old supporters who cancel their subscription (not me though) lose their extra residences? if aikar can't answer these yet, we'll find out next week...that's when aikar and maxarias go to krysyy's house
  9. have you asked him? tell him to come on the forum and we'll all tell him to do it.

seriously, unless he's trying to recoup some massive expense he had then there's no reason for him to putting you in debt like that.
  10. Question I haven't seen asked yet: What will we do as far as TNT access goes?
  11. That was covered on the other thread and this thread isn't specifically about what's being removed, but about the pricing of the new ranks.

But to quickly answer - tnt will be removed from all and given to utopia only INITIALLY, then when time permits, we will try to come up with a way for ALL players to be able to use TNT within reason.
    wkramer79 and porphos like this.
  12. I think the most valuable of the new Supporter features is the Guaranteed slot. As it is now, there are often events where non-Supporters are disappointed that they could not join or were disconnected and could not re-join. As we add more events and special features, the Guaranteed Slot should become a huge incentive to be a Supporter(and does not directly affect gameplay).

What if there were events or features that were only available on the Utopia server? We already have events like Firefloor, Mob arena, and the PvP arena on separate servers. New features like mini games or even Dragon Tombs could be initially placed on Utopia, then later moved(or not) to other servers.

The Utopia Wild is something we pretty much have on all the other servers. There is player investment there certainly, but nothing that could not or has not been done elsewhere. Rather than spice up the Utopia Wild with player benefits that are questionable, why not replace it with something completely new and different, like the Dystopia or PvP servers I have seen people asking for for so long? They could still honor the EULA by remaining disconnected from the other servers while providing an experience that the other servers lack.
  13. That is something I was looking to do, is making Dystopia and other server ideas premium only.
    607, cadgamer101, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  14. I haven't read through the other 8 pages of this thread so I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed.

I wanted to talk about the issue of non-paying members of Empire Minecraft of which I happen to be a part. It seems to me the decision by Mojang to eliminate ranks and virtual currencies was not very well thought out and I am somewhat concerned that it will threaten the viability of a sizable number of Minecraft servers. I'm not sure that providing certain types of fee based server access will provide the same level of attraction to new and existing members. Maybe it's time to consider applying some kind of fee for ALL members.

What I had in mind was something like a 90-day introductory free membership after which time those who wish to maintain their EMC residence and basic access using their current Minecraft user name must pay a one-time small fee on the order of $5-$10. That way everyone has some skin in the game and those who really want to be here and who would make quality participants will stick around. I've only been a member since March but have spent countless hours collecting resources from the Wasteland the old fashioned way and building my res/shop. I for one would most definitely be willing to bite the bullet for a small fee if it meant being able to keep what I've created.

Those who want expanded server perks could still optionally pay for them as has been mentioned. Just my $.02. Thanks!
    MeadMaker and porphos like this.
  15. My thought wasn't to make them exclusive to Supporters. I am suggesting that everyone have access but not Guaranteed Access by default. On a busy server or a busy day, the guaranteed slot could more or less make it exclusive and would make a Supporter subscription a must have for many people. If Utopia is where new features were added first, it will be busy.
  16. Hoops_McCann is right about a possible small 1 time fee. A small 5 dollar fee wouldn't be a problem for most players including myself. It may reduce the amount of new players at first, but as Mojang pushes servers closer to extinction, more players would rush to EMC because of its affordability. However, it must not be put into place until it nears critical, or many players would not be willing to pay the fee. With the possible large boost in numbers, more players would support in order to get a guaranteed slot.
  17. ooooh, I like where you are going with that. hehe
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  18. I think there should be a supporter option that only gets you access to Utopia, and a guaranteed slot. I know there are a lot of players like me that already have all 4 residences. They also have everything EMC has to offer. TBH The main/only reason I support is for Utopia. I've never needed a guaranteed slot. Every time the server fills up, specifically at an EMC Event, they increase the limit from 60 to 200. So there isn't much of a point to need the Guaranteed slot. The servers don't normally fill all 60 slots, even on the weekend during the day when most players are on.

Again, If there was a supporter package that only had the perks for Utopia Access, and a Guaranteed Slot, I would be extremely satisfied.
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and porphos like this.
  19. +1
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.