[Unofficial Debate] Wild Reset

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonions, Jun 20, 2012.

?

To reset or not to reset? Remember to READ.

Yes, I want the reset. 36 vote(s) 30.8%
No, I don't want the reset. 81 vote(s) 69.2%
  1. I DONT CARE! :p dont be lazy, all ou have to do is say /store! >.> and sucks to be you if you dont have the money! :mad: i really dont care if people sart hating me; its happened before to me.
  2. I appreciate your comments.

They make my points for me quite well.

You can not call people lazy in one breath then say "do it my way so I don't have to move my stuff" in the other breath.

You do get the hypocrisy, yeah?
    SecretAznEks and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. Please specify what you mean by way better.
    This is EXACTLY what we are trying to discourage.
    I know people with double chests full of villager eggs. Also, i have discovered new villages, in the black area, and none of them spawned villagers. I think they took that out along with villager breeding, if im wrong please correct me:)
  4. The word "lazy" needs to be removed from this conversation.
    SecretAznEks and roblikescake like this.
  5. I would like to point out that it is a lot harder to move wild cities than it is to walk out 5k blocks to find this supposedly amazing emerald.
    ZBSDKryten and Manglex like this.
  6. I've not said a word about emeralds.
  7. My emerald comment was reffering to anyone who thinks that emeralds are amazing
  8. Yeah, but you quoted me =p
  9. Oh well that was for the first part of my comment:) Also, i think that a PRA with a 1-2k radius from the mainspawn is acceptable to most players:)
  10. ... really?

Nothing else you say is now worth reading or responding to.
    IcecreamCow and jkjkjk182 like this.
  11. Yeah, Melody doesnt want emeralds...
    Manglex likes this.
  12. We should do what the new smps do...like have ground fresh above which u can walk on and below where its all tore up
  13. I say "No." Why you ask.... Well because I don't want these fine members to leave:
    2012-06-21_11.07.49.png
    2012-06-21_11.08.10.png

oidgod said that he was gonna leave but I never got a screenshot of it....
    Manglex likes this.
  14. So you want the unique Empire to become like every other smp...
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  15. my response to people saying - If I don't get my way I'm leaving.

A) A couple people leaving vs having difficulties gaining new members is no contest. No mater who the players are - it is not worth hurting the server to keep them happy.

B) They will be back. There is no other server out there with EMC's structure or organization.
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  16. At this point, it is all a mute point anyhows. As people have pointed out, there is still a vast quantity of the wild unexplored. Until this is corrected, none of us have any real basis to ask for a reset in terms of resource gathering.

However, i still think a reset would be more fun than keeping things as they are. I look at minecraft as somthing to occupy my time in terms of building new ideas and exploring new areas. We shouldnt be hoarding supplies and trying to keep everything the same as its always been.

The whole idea behind the wild is to gather resources and explore new areas, if you have settled in a particular area, then in my view, you have gone against the whole objective.

In reference to players saying they will leave, i have no good or bad feelings toward this. If people decide to quit due to a small change they dont like, then its obvious this game isnt for them. (not directed at anyone in particular, just my opinions).

Until Justin or ICC post an offical thread, this is just another way of filling the forums with endless debates.

Good and bad views both for and against, there will never truly be a middleground on this possibility.
    Call_Me_DeJaja and IcecreamCow like this.
  17. Once again, I don't suggest insulting one another unless you guys want another wild discussion thread shut down. Or maybe we need to start issuing temp site bans?
  18. EMCake Party will post it's official stance on this topic within a weeks time.
    jkjkjk182 and Manglex like this.
  19. Also, for those planning to leave "IF" we do a wild reset, I have to simply say as someone else did, this game probably isn't for you. You'll be hard pressed to find another community that doesn't do resets (I'm not sure of any GOOD servers that do them less than we have). We're always in talks among the staff on how to come up with an answer for the "wild people" while still making those who like fresh content happy. We have a lot of ideas in our heads and just need to find the best ways for them to work.

Another thing is other Admins on the large servers (I've seen this happen) do resets just out of the blue one day and THEN make an announcement on the site: "The server was reset because...."

If/When we do resets we'll always let you know a head of time to do any housekeeping you need to.

That being said, please don't make comments as stated above that 'EMC doesn't care." If we choose the option that YOU want, then those against your way of playing can also say: "EMC doesn't care." It's simply not true.

Long story short, if you can't handle game changes in an online game that massively changes every few months, it's probably best to say: "I'm leaving Minecraft Multiplayer." instead of "I'm leaving EMC." if you want to be accurate, because it's not something you can really avoid.
    DeadSkaia, Spenser6, Luke4214 and 4 others like this.
  20. Was my comment on "people who abuse a system made to help others are jerks" considered bad?:(