Unofficial 1.8 Thread V2 |1.8 Sponges Confirmed?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anybody excited for the Minecart physics?
  2. also endermites could potentially mess up afking at ender farms since they could spawn from ender from fall damage
  3. welp blaze, ender, spider, and iron farms are soon to be a thing of the past

Minecraft 1.8 The Pretty Nerfy Update
    Kells18 likes this.
  4. wait whats happening to spider spawns?
  5. they dont track you anymore through opaque blocks, in many grinder designs this is an important behavior
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  6. thats what i keep saying when people tell me my ingot prices are too high, for example they keep telling me iron is only gonna be worth 2r each. so sorry to inform them that ingot are about to be rarer yet again. lol.

prices are about to go back up people, pay attention!!
    Kells18 and Gadget_AD like this.
  7. Thanks Sky very useful thread. :)
    queendiva1 likes this.
  8. I don't think Blazes will be a problem. I interpreted attack at first to mean hurt or hit me through blocks. Instead I think it means that they will just shoot at you. As long as you have a block in between, you are fine which isn't much different than it is now. As I recall this was their old behavior and it was changed at some point so that if there is a block between you, they just sit there. It seems like this happened around update 1.3.

I think the Spider change will make it so that if you are pushing Spiders through tubes your grinder won't work. I have been using a design that uses water to push them the whole way which I don't think will be affected by this. If anyone is interested, I can provide a link, screenshots, or help them. When the time comes of course. Who knows what we'll end up with for sure.
    OrangeDuck607 and queendiva1 like this.
  9. when blazes see you they fly up, this means all grinders with them now wont be able to crush all the flying jerks
    Pab10S and hashhog3000 like this.
  10. *Starts brewing invisiblity potions*
    And wait, I thought iron-farms were un-nerfed again?
    Fun new mob, tho. :p
  11. Does the endermite remind anyone of the redstone bug? :p
    princebee and hashhog3000 like this.
  12. Wait so instead of just falling off the track, THEY KEEP SPEED AND ACTUALLY FLY OFF AND COVER DISTANCE?? new age of roller coasters guys :)
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  13. if they fly onto a track do they keep momentum? that would be incredibly cool
  14. They do :)

I do not think I had enough speed or height, the pig died shortly after the screenshot
    OrangeDuck607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  15. I noticed the lava
  16. Well, ran out of character limit for the General. Perhaps I should plan for more next time.
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  17. Updated! You can see the new features on the Original Post!
  18. sponges in survival mode. . . yes. . .
  19. The "new snapshot" is a troll, isn't it. :p April fools?
    OrangeDuck607 and SkyDragonv8 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.