This. Ends. NOW.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EnderMagic1, Aug 20, 2016.

?

We need to end this.

Yes. 21 vote(s) 56.8%
No. 16 vote(s) 43.2%
  1. Sorry for 2 posts but...

Still... Apart from what I said above I also think it's fair to comment that if you look over this thread you can draw a fair conclusion: staff can never get it "right" (used "" on purpose). One player will consider them too lenient, the other too strict and in the end it's always an outsiders perspective.

But I also think it's fair to ask: did you do anything other than watching it happen?

Because if you feel something isn't right then (depending on the situation) it might be possible to help make it better.
    jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  2. But if there's already staff intervention... I'm not sure if regular players interfering with the situation would help sort things out instead of only making it more chaotic.
  3. Very good point. No, I'm definitely not saying that you should interfere, that's most likely not the best of ideas. I'm more referring on trying to help.

For example: in the aftermath of the situation which jk described I could imagine talking to the player who got annoyed about others on their residence and then telling them how they could use residence flags. It doesn't always work, and I agree with you: you should never directly interfere.

But in many cases I can't help wonder if some issues (especially in town) aren't partially caused by the players own inexperience. If I got a rupee for every time a player told me "I didn't know that!" then I'd be pretty rich by now :)

Once again: this is easily said than done, and in many cases probably won't work. Not everyone likes to bother themselves with (in this example) dozens of strange residence flags, and instead prefers actually playing their game.
    jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.