Things You Do That Make People Hate You

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by generalfelino015, May 4, 2016.

1. i hate people who i follow but they don't follow me back
    gladranger7 and generalfelino015 like this.
  2. What am I supposed to say? "O worthy traveler of the entryways, I have selected ye from the scores of brave candidates to pass through this sacred portal into the building beyond without needing to exert the excruciating and numbing force of holding open this most Terrible of barriers, this cruel Guardian of health clubs and pet shops. Accept my sacrifice and go forth to do great things on this day, whether that be purchasing a low fat cookie from a vending machine within this now-open place or perhaps reading a book on that comfy couch over there; the possibilities are endless. Prove to me that your heroics shall stand justly in place of my own body, for having opened this door for you, I shall now, to the great misfortune of the inhabitants of this place, enter the room a full six seconds later. Ah, the pressure! Please, use my gift wisely and to the best of your abilities. Perhaps one day I too shall follow your path..." :p I just open the darn door, smile at the person, and walk in after them.
  3. lol. I thought this was about minecraft. ;)
    ShelLuser and generalfelino015 like this.
  4. Oh I bet I know what people hate about me. When I try to convince them to buy chevron or exxon mobil stock (or bp or shell for the younger folks). Afterall, oil is cheap folks! Profits are down at every energy company, why not buy the best in the business for the long haul? We all know $3 a gallon of gas will return. For some reason I don't think I have had anyone ever come back to me and said something like "hey I did my homework and took your advice!". If only they were like candy bars. I'm sure I could sell candy bars easier than pitching stock ideas. Something about stocks turn people off which is sad to me : (. (Seniorpapino if you're reading this, I'm not sure you fall in the category since you already had stocks when I talked to you. Buy your xom back :p )
  5. I'm an incredibly calm and patient person (to a fault says my sister), so a lot of these things don't annoy me. There are only a few things I can really think of. People using a shared/public restroom and not washing their hands (rinsing quickly doesn't count) is my biggest one. My co-worker's all do this and it's just gross. My other two have to do with driving: not using a turn signal and diesels that don't have enough time to pull out in front of you but do it anyway.
    generalfelino015 likes this.
  6. It's all good ChickenDice, but thank you. I rather enjoy when the young kids start feeling their mojo and then think they are capable of evening trying something that may hurt my feelings. My daughter acted the same way when she was 14-17.

I at least knew why she was acting out. Perhaps Glad should reflect his/her comments into the mirror sometime.

Glad - my honesty was built into my basecode since before my birth. The social temperance that you learned as a child was replaced with algorithms in my brain. It is the difference between knowing a clock's alarm is going to go off and preventing it, versus not knowing there is a clock and having to find it first.

Need to add one to my list of things I do. Hijack threads without intending to.
    Patr1cV and generalfelino015 like this.
  7. I read that totally wrong.
  8. I hate people who lie or tell half-truths to children.
    Children are very susceptible to things said to them, and will usually believe what they're told undoubtedly, especially if they're young. To then lie to them and abuse their trustfulness is awful especially if it is about something major and important.
    Teaching children lies in school is appalling.
    However, white lies are less awful, as children shouldn't have to know certain things at a young age. For example, if a family member passes away, it is more acceptable to lie to the child about it, to limit emotional trauma so early in life.
    generalfelino015 and kaptrix like this.
  9. "Thanks"
    "Thanks mate"
    "Thank you"
    "Ta"

Literally takes 2 seconds while you're walking through the door. It doesn't take any time out of your day that you're already wasting and makes the person on the receiving end feel helpful. I dunno, could just be my Britishness (we thank everyone for everything). For example...

Door Opener: *opens door*
    Walk through the Door-er: Thanks mate.
    Door Opener: You're welcome.
    Walk through the Door-er: No problem. (<--- Literally did nothing but say thanks and sounds like they've done more work lol)
    generalfelino015, Hashhog and kaptrix like this.
  10. Wow I thought I would never hear that again. Though I used to like him, his channel got well...
  11. I hate it when people walk very slow in front of me and are well just slow XD
    I hate it when it when people are really loud
    I hate it when people say im not patient when I ask one simple question
    I hate it when people point out minor things
    I hate it when people whisper and point at me
    I hate it when people say they are going to do something for you but never even start it and forget about it
    I hate it when people/teachers call on me in school when im clueless it embarrasses me
    I hate it when someone points out how bad my style is and how I look
    I hate.....etc XD
  12. Oh, I always say thank you to people holding open the door when they hold it open for me. I thought deathconn meant that you're supposed to say something when you're the one holding the door.
  13. Oh. That explains it :p

I generally just slow down my walking pace and hold it open for as long as I can. If I like the person I'll linger around for a few seconds.

To be honest the only reason I do it is because a teacher was miles behind me once and I decided not to hold it open for someone who'd take 5 minutes to get down to where I was. I'm walking up steps to go through the next set of doors, when I suddenly hear 'Excuse me young man', I turn around, they're stood right there. They then give me a talking to, telling me its not 'the Catholic thing to do'. I'm here wondering how not holding the door open for someone means you're the anti-Christ and I respond with a simple 'okay' when she finishes her rant I wasn't listening to. She then gives out a loud, exasperated sigh and yells in my face how 'its not okay'. Like, I didn't open the door for you, It's not my fault, but I'm now apparently the devil incarnate because you can teleport 2 miles in the space of about 10 seconds and I don't hold the door open for wizards.
  14. lol, I recognized a lot of these as being obscenely annoying to me. I can't say I do too many of them... My annoying traits are more based around the fact that I have a slight hyperfocus on social interaction. I overthink how others perceive my words, and sometimes this can lead to me completely being disconnected from what the other person actually got from my words. If I just think there's a chance they're upset, I will apologize, even if there's no need for it at all.
  15. Patr1cV and generalfelino015 like this.
  16. I laughed when that dude died. (And also whenever somebody dies in Harry Potter because I don't like those movies or the books)

And also when Saruman died lol.

The only wizard I felt sad for was Gandalf, then I realised his friends could have easily saved him in that scene and lol'd, then he came back like 5 minutes later and I also lol'd.
  17. generalfelino015 likes this.
  18. I'd reply with something more offensive like a Swastika but honestly if I'm trying to disprove me being the devil himself that probably wouldn't be the way to go about it.

Also fairly sure that's not allowed here lol.

Waiting for somebody to swoop in with a 'I hate people who make jokes about stuff that happened a lifetime ago even though I'm basically just supporting the Nazis if I can't laugh about stuff like that', with this post quoted.
  19. I hate everyone. Few can relate. :)

P.S. I still love you all though. :)