The World Edit Mod

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by TheDarkAngel7, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Hello guys, its the Dark Angel of smp5!

I just got world edit to work for single player, I'm still a rookie at using it :p. I did notice that world edit is approved to use on EMC. However my question is: to what extent are we allowed to use it? I noticed that beside the link to world edit on the approved mods page is "Lite Loader", does that mean it has to be loaded via Lite Loader, or can it be loaded via Forge as well? I don't want to be banned for illegal mods.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. World edit is considered an incompatible mod on EMC; only Senior Staff+ are able to world edit at will on the server.

It means you can leave it installed, but it won't do anything for you.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. Dang that is a bummer... maybe then it should be removed from the "approved mods" page on the wiki
  4. Nah, why? Just because it doesn't do anything doesn't mean it has to be disapproved. What about those players who use WorldEdit in their own singleplayer, but also play on the Empire?

If the mod was to be disallowed they'd have to constantly switch between disabling and enabling the mod (if possible, it could also mean they'd have to physically move the files around), and doing this every time they switched between EMC and SP. While in fact there is no real need, because WorldEdit cannot be (ab)used on EMC.

As to your other questions: It doesn't really matter how you load a mod, the mod loader doesn't do anything special, the main accent lies on the mods functionality. So WorldEdit is basically the same no matter which loader (some mods are available as both a 'Litemod' and 'Forgemod').

Hope this can help a bit as well.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. And that's why one uses MultiMC
  6. True, good suggestion!

You can also change your game directory in the default launcher (for your 'modded profile'). But yeah, some people (like me) are just lazy :)
  7. at least we can do //calc sometimes =P
    ShelLuser and AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH like this.
  8. I am one of the players on EMC who are always playing with worldedit, and it really helps I can join EMC with it aswell, because I usually do design work at the same time as I'm doing things on EMC, so I switch multiple times between EMC and Singleplayer a hour, and it would be really really annoying to contiguly re-sterting my minecrft, so, for me, it's really usefull that Worldedit is one the approuved MOD's list. so, Don't remove it :)
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. I'm surprised no one has picked this up yet but WorldEdit is not on the approved mods list, WorldEditCUI is. CUI is a graphical add-on for world edit that shows you the area you have selected.

World Edit is installed by Aikar and only those given permission (SS) can use it on the SMP's as mentioned above. If you are using world edit in your single player worlds, I highly recommend using CUI, it makes life a whole lot easier.

As for loading a mc client with world edit, that is not a problem, it has no effect in EMC so you don't need to change (Jelle and others). If anything it would be listed as incompatible (should have checked first, it is).
    ShelLuser and B4DMAN5IMON like this.