The Voltefyre Society

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Oh volt. Complicating a game once again xD. Hope it turns out great.
    607 and 72Volt like this.
  2. That's the idea, brother :)

Thank you, my fellow Norn Ironer! I predict a great deal of cooperation between the wild outpost clubs of the Society and the post-New Republic nations :)
    hollyhill105 and Dean_Catterson like this.
  3. Welcome back.
    I read through the charter, and the one thing I don't like is the procedure for the election of the Secretary General.
    Having a First-Past-The-Post voting system would cause the degradation of most elections into two candidates. While this may seem intended, because it works in tandem with a Secretary General having the ability to hold the office and indefinite amount of time, the FPTP system in this case would have the eventual effect of the elections consisting of only the two most popular candidates, being highly unfavorable to new or aspiring leaders. This effect can be seen in a variety of countries across the world, where a bipartisan system has evolved thanks to the 51% rule. If a more detailed explanation of how a theoretical election set would go under this system, I would be glad to oblige.

Anyway, I would instead propose a different system. Each member has multiple votes, votes that are prioritized. The primary votes are tallied up, and, if no candidate has over 51%, then the candidate with the least votes is eliminated from the election, but there is no revote. Instead, the members that voted the unfortunate candidate as their first choice now have their votes filed under their second choice candidate. This algorithm is repeated until there is either a candidate with 51%, or the number of votes is such that there is no majority. In such a case, I would recommend an extension of office for the incumbent, and a revote the next cycle. Ultimately, this encourages political diversity and prevents strategic voting.
    All in all, I think it would be easier to just have a council.
    607 likes this.
  4. Who knows? This might become New Republic 2.0 if it goes well. :p
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  5. I have a reasonable understanding of electoral systems, you could have just asked me to change it from FPTP to single transferable :p
    The change has been added. :)
    607 and NetherWorld666 like this.
  6. Except much more successful. :D
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  7. The oath requirement will be removed for 2 weeks to establish a solid member base. Anyone on the thread who has expressed an interest will be presumed to agree to comply to the oath, and will be added. :)
  8. I'm quite good at making long winded politcal rants. I'm going to say for the benefit of others here.
    In part, I suppose it was a rant against my current government.
  9. I live in Northern Ireland, where most of our internal affairs are managed by a devolved executive and legislature, elected under STV, and it's still a big old screwup, because 4 of the 5 main parties are more focused on border polls than actually getting anything done. But I digress, my thoughts are with you, and all victims of FPTP.
  10. Because I like guessing games, I would give you hints about my government, but saying, "it's a bipartisan system in which the majority of officials from both parties are corrupt, and, despite protests, nothing is being for to fix it" refers to far too many countries.
    Anyway, in case it hasn't been noted, I am interested.
  11. Thats a ton of writing lol
  12. You have to read it to believe it.
    607 likes this.
  13. I think the ranks should go like this.
    Recruit
    Soldier
    General
    Colonel
    Sergeant
    Admiral
    wisepsn likes this.
  14. We need this..
  15. it's gotta be the US
    You're in, I'll add you in a convo right away :)

I much prefer my meritocratic degree rankings, the Society isn't really a military thing, and the degrees go on forever whereas this list is limited, giving room for maximum achievement.
    607 likes this.
  16. Ok 72volt, I would like to join:) please pm me more info:D
  17. You are now in a convo :)
  18. Here is the picture of the temporary General Assembly! The log seat in the corner will be for use by the Secretary General, the central seat will be a soapbox, for anyone with something to say, either for someone announcing something or for someone who has called a debate, and the seats surrounding the central seats will be for people viewing and participating in a debate.

The first session, to elect a Secretary General to oversee Assembly business, will be held soon!
    607 likes this.
  19. Hello Voltefyre Society!!
    The Voltefyre Mining Club is a new group!! In the Voltefyre Mining Club we go out and mine for resources, ores, and blocks to bring back and help with main projects, etc. If u wanna come join the Voltefyre Mining Club PM me and I will send u some more info about joining!!

Come out and have some fun!
  20. Attention all players of The Voltefyre Society.
    The Yoltefyre Society has formed a group called the Voltefyre Hunting Club, seeking new players that have medium/high skill on player versus environment skills. We are also seeking for players that have experienced with hunting, fighting, and any other player vs mob type. Please PM me for more information and about joining.
    Thanks for listening. ;)