The Survival Update - v2 - 6/30/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. I have nothing but the purest strain of hate for this bed system.

"Hey, you want sleep? TOO BAD! You have hostiles nearby!"

"Hey, you took out the hostiles, you want sleep now? NO YOU DON'T, Wait 5 minutes!"
  2. I haven’t even played and I already dislike it. Sorry EMC
    ColPun and cubefragment like this.
  3. I have to agree with the bed thing. Was nice to roam around find a boss then place your bed and set your respawn. Hopefully this can be tinkered.

Also something very strange happened. I was at my witch farm and there was a Zombie Pigman inside the drop shaft. There are no portals even remotely close for it to spawn from lol

There was also something else. While in the nether near my gold farm I saw someone there. When I did /c who though, only showed my alt. I specifically saw someone though running around and they had on voters gear. No one disconnected though so not sure whats going on.
  4. See I understand why Vanilla Minecraft didn’t allow players to sleep when mobs were around bc you actually slept through the night and you could risk losing your items, but for Empire, the night doesn’t pass when we set our spawn so I don’t really see the point adding that vanilla feature back in. Just my opinion ._.
    purplebook163 and cubefragment like this.
  5. You are not fighting it correctly :)
    ajmyers34 and cubefragment like this.
  6. We can reduce the combat time check for beds to 1 minute, I think that should help a lot.

As for bed changes, it's not safe to sleep in a bed when monsters are at risk of killing you...

The timer adds a bit more of a 'you should prepare to sleep, and not use it as an emergency I engaged a boss and I'm about to die' mechanism.

1 minute still covers that goal of the system, so i'm ok with reducing it.

And you still can, long as you do it before engaging the boss. prepare!
  7. I agree, there is a way to kill it just think outside the box like Aikar said in the original post.
    ttyler333 likes this.
  8. LOL those aren't JD's titles, those are Daenerys's titles from game of thrones, a lady who has all those titles, and the reference was that JD is becoming like her.
  9. Hint: Eyender is not meant to be a 'brute force' fight. There is a way to kill him faster, hence 'think outside the box'.
  10. Another bug it think. diff change timer is buggy. Sometimes it goes down then up again and in protected area on smp7 at /wild e

luckycordel likes this.
  11. Yeah but when you're in the end you are swarmed by endermen. It's not like you can sleep when that's near you.

At least the 1 minute cool down opens up some options. But it still doesn't count for the continuous spawning of those pheasants.
  12. This probs isn’t correct but are you thinking range? Like bows and arrows? :confused: Endermen tp before the arrow hits them...?
    cubefragment and ThaKloned like this.
  13. You've got to love how quickly these new features lead to feedback leading to revisions. :)
  14. Hint: Don't use a bow or sword. :p
    purplebook163 and JParsonsX like this.
  15. Does kindness work?
  16. Also has anyone ran into an Engraged Cave Spider yet? Normal cave spiders only spawn from spawners so just curious if I need to wait by one or if they spawn by other means.
  17. Staff Redacted
  18. That seems like a bug that should be sent via pm...
    607 and cubefragment like this.
  19. hehe, was jest kidding :D
    607 and cubefragment like this.
  20. This ender boss is something. Don't understand though how I can be in the open with nothing blocking me for him and still get reduced drops penalty. And he can be killing with a sword just takes a few deaths lol (Voters items ftw)