The Survival Update - v2 - 6/30/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Oh my gosh, I love it
    *frantically goes out to find those 37 items*
  2. FINALLY MORE BOSSES!!!!!11!!1!!one!!!!
  3. *not important to me really but i appreciate the dev's work*
    Foxy_Kitty, cubefragment and Elite like this.
  4. Just to say....

O M G !

Took awhile to read all that :)
  5. Woooooooooohoooooo!!!! :D
    Looks awesome!! Also, gratz to Saz and JD :D
  6. Stuff and things... Good job developers
  7. just wow this is like Christmas for us all !!! Thank you so so much for all the hard work :)
  8. It's like a Golden Age for EMC. xD We get two more Devs to help with updates and we get a huge survival update. Dragon Tombs has an even better chance of coming with two more helpers on the team :p
  9. Probbly the biggest gripe would be the cross EXP is not transferable anymore between smps and risk being taken in harder difficulties (I.E loss of exp on death). You win some and loose some on this update. I'll wait for the new items to come out and see what those are like
  10. Fantastic update, exactly what the wilderness needed to make adventuring more fun (and hazardous).
    Great work dev team and many thanks!
  11. wait what? smp6 is there?
    cubefragment, Sefl51, Elite and 4 others like this.
  12. This has got to be the greatest change to EMC that I've ever gotten to witness...but I'm going out of town for a week! Horrid timing for me. The discovery phase will all be over by the time I can play. I'm so sad.

You guys, Aikar included, are dogs! You kept this soooo secret! Even when players were making mob suggestions, you were jumping in with support about how these were great ideas and that were even doable. I should have gotten a clue from that!

Love it! Love it! Love it!

I'm jealous to all the players who will be on in the next week while I am gone. Thank you to all the coders who did this upgrade. I can't wait to get in there!
  13. this is amazinggggg woot
  14. APC approved *thumbs up*
  15. Wow...This is a very nice improvement toward survival/vanilla feeling, but also toward the shared-group work specific to EMC. I sincerely admire your team dedication, you are really great!

Yeeehaaaa! Hunting season is on!
  16. I honestly am not sure how to feel about this change. Previously, the 15min timer on items was introduced (as opposed to vanilla minecraft 5min timer) to help with extended time to find and pick up the dropped things, which was very much in assistance to newcomers, as most often than not, they aren't yet so comfortable with or lack the knowledge of additional tools available to find the death point. The items not despawning if they are in an unloaded chunk is a vanilla minecraft mechanic. What is the thought behind changing it?
    There may be many cases where 1 hour of active time isn't nearly enough to re-gear for the travel back+travel time, especially for new players and the new addition of "Players are unable to pick your items up for 1 IRL day" (as good as it sounds and the intention behind it) will prevent other players helping them to pick up their belongings. Also, many and many newcomers won't be aware of this mechanic of active timer on the items, as let's be honest, forums and wiki isn't the top priority they visit and read up on. It might create unnecessary disappointment over the experience on EMC, especially since death and items drop is a disappointment for them already.
  17. Well, time to get out there and DIE! :D Going to be some fun!
    Thanks for all the new toys! Good Work Guys!
  18. There seems to be a bug where dying after my XP level was corrected gave me that XP back