The price of MC these days.

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by kilmannan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Again, an inference! What if the amount of people developing Minecraft was smaller than those who developed Angry Birds? What if the people who made Angry Birds worked harder and were more efficient than those who worked on Minecraft? Just because it took longer does not mean that it was more work.
    Angry Birds has physics.
    Do they need to give credit? The Hunger Games was based off Battle Royale. Any credit there? Therefore, the Hunger Games was a ripoff of another movie, no? Yet the Hunger Games still prospered.
    You call it ripping off. However, they improved the idea and added much detail. The Hunger Games has received no lawsuits for being inspired by Battle Royale. This shows that it´s acceptable. If it wasn´t, someone would take action. However, Battle Royale didn´t because they didn´t mind. If they don´t mind, there´s nothing wrong with it. This is because it´s too easy for a producer to rip off another producer´s game. The same thing goes to video games. Wouldn´t you say that the shooting games for x-box are all very simlar? So why don´t they sue each other? Because it´s too easy for a creator to rip off another creator´s game.
  2. i have barely looked at this thread at all :p since when did this thread start something bout the hunger games? XD
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  3. The Hunger Games is a series of 3 books...

Minecraft is an indie game, and it's much better than Angry Birds which is made by a small company (not indie, but not a fully-fledged big company like Activision etc.)
    Yeah, and? I can code physics in about an hour if I wanted to. They're very easy to make.
  4. The blocks of Minecraft:

Then there are items...there are hundreds of those, which is what I meant by blocks :p
  5. The Hunger Games was made into a movie... Battle Royale was also a book.
    What if that small company was a very productive one? What if, since their small, they get less distracted?
    You can code physics in about an hour? You make it seem as if Angry Birds was made in day. It wasn´t, as you´ve stated above. Therefore, there must be complex elements in there. There is no proof of your ability to code physics that quickly. However, please don´t send me your code to prove it to me. I somewhat believe you. Can you code the type of physics made in Angry Birds? And remember that when minecraft first came out, it wasn´t as great as it was today. So you must compare the time it took to make the first minecraft version with the Angry Birds game.
  6. Who ever makes Angry Birds, Rolo or something like that. They obviously dont need money cause they come out with a new one all the time.. it must not be that hard. they have merchandise they sell in stores to help them also. if they relied on the game only they wouldnt make any money or anything. Most people get the game for free.. (Android users and people who steal the game) a good 75% of people who play it dont pay for it.

Also, its the same team working on every game they dont bring more people in and have rooms for each game or something :p
  7. Again, an inference!
    You can't call us out for inferences when you're doing the exact same thing. We're inferring Minecraft is worth it's cost due to development time and gameplay features. You infer that Minecraft is too pricey because you say Angry Birds took longer because reasons.
    http://box2d.org/
    penfoldex, matjam360 and SoulPunisher like this.
  8. I agree. Riddle your doing the same thing. Who said Hunger Games was based of it? Do you have any proof? I have proof about Minecraft being based of Infiminer. I read an article where Notch stated it was based of games like Infiminer. I've played both Angry Birds and The Crush Series. There really similar to the point its almost a reskin.
  9. This guy gets it. The thing is I see tons of Angry Bird Merchandise in stores like Walmart,Target, and Toys'R'Us. I see they sell their plush toys for 20$ and I see tons of kids buy like 5 of them. I rarely see any MC Merchandise. I only see stores like FYE and a small store that sells anime stuff in a mall nearby.
  10. Whoa I have a FYE too :p.

But they don't sell minecraft stuff.

But a store in my mall called Newburry comics does. They sell everything about minecraft.
  11. The only retailer that consistently carries Minecraft merch is Hot Topic.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  12. Eh I've been inside one before (worst experience ever)
    and didn't see any.
  13. I have a game for the xBox, And there's a DLC that needed to play lots of Player Created Maps and all the intresting maps have that DLC, and it costs money!
  14. They obviously don´t need money!!! Then what was their motivation for making their game?!?! Of course they need money! However, I admit that Angry Birds does have more merchandise in stores to help them (despite the fact that Minecraft has an x-box version with little competition since little is like Minecraft). However, many more people get Minecraft for free than those who get Angry Birds for free. However, we are not aware of how large the number is since we never see them on servers.
    I´ve already had this argument with another person. Almost everything in the world is an inference. For example, you could be hallucinating this whole conversation. The only thing that differs them is how likely they are. For example, you coud infer that everyone on youtube is illiterate and just types random letters in a box. The random letters end up making a sentence. Now, this is an inferene, but based off little proof and highly unlikely. Other inferences, for example, like someone feeling emotional when they´re crying, are more likely. I am calling you out for making unlikely inferences. Just because the time between when a game started and ended was longer than one other does not mean that it´s better, causing it to be worth more. They could´ve had setbacks, or messed up many times in the code. I never said that Angry Birds took longer. It is a fact that Minecrat took longer to make. The only question is how much effort was put into that time.
    How do you know if that is the type of physics Angry Birds used? Don´t you think that it would take longer to make their own? They would most likely use their own physics code, since that is what makes Angry Birds what it is.
    I never said that Minecraft wasn´t being based off Infiminer. Again, no one said Hunger Games was based off Battle Royale. It´s an inference, like almost everything else in the universe. You´re saying that you´ve played both Angry Birds and the Crush Series, and noted that their really similar to the point it´s almost a reskin (I´ll get back to the flaws here later). If you´re allowed to do that, then so am I. I´ve seen both the Hunger Games and Battle Royale. They´re so similar to the point that it´s almost a reskin. You have no proof of Angry Birds being based off the Crush Series, only an opinion. I went over this in a previous post. It is too easy for a creator to copy another creator´s idea. If you disagree with this, then sue almost every x-box shooting game out there.
  15. Fez was in development for 6 years! It got released in spring of 2012 for Xbox, Still in development for other platforms.
    The developer was an indie, he worked on it by himself after his developing partner left. He was in the verge of snapping out of his mind.

It cost 800 Microsoft points ($10 I believe).
  16. Yeah, they need money but not much for making the game. The games barely cost anything. thats why its free on Android. The only reason they need money is because its their job and to make their merchandise.
  17. Actually, barley is used for making beer. Anyways.

Developers who release games (major games) use ads from free apps as a sort of equivalency to being a paid app. That is why there are paid and free apps, paid apps contain more features and have no ads. However free apps contains ads and contain a little less than than the paid app.

Developers work on games, and if they work on these games they can't do anything else. Programming is not easy, it requires knowledge and dedication. The makers of Super Meat Boy, Fez, and Braid have no jobs. The games they make and release is their job. If you ask, where do they get their money if their not working? They get it from investments from other people who think that the game will be a success.
  18. I fixed it :3

Silly meeee :)
  19. So first we are talking about the price of mine craft and then we go off to angry birds and a more vivid variety of games....... lol wut? Oh how the smart thinking minds of the empire can make a great story without even knowing......Cool story guys.
  20. Plus The thing is Angry Birds is released for 3DS and I do remember seeing an Xbox Version.