The perfect video game?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheCrimeLime, Aug 21, 2016.

1. My take: things don't have to be perfect in order to be perceived as such :)
    Kephras and 607 like this.
  2. Exactly.
  3. Best != Perfect. Please don't confuse the two. ;)
    Just because you love the game and can overlook its flaws (or what others may perceive to be flaws) does not mean it is "perfect." That being said, yes, of course Minecraft is awesome - I don't think we'd be here if we disagreed on that point.

@Hrghorhg, if you haven't already, I strongly advise watching some of the "Extra Credits" videos about game design. They tackle a wide range of concepts, and explain them really well.
  4. I have, the mario first level one is amazing.
  5. Minecraft is the perfect game for me. <3
    Kephras and ShelLuser like this.
  6. The perfect game for me would be Super Mario Maker, I guess.
    I've always loved creating my own things, I started by drawing levels on paper, and then I made levels in Super Mario Flash and Super Mario 63. However, at some point I stopped playing Flash games on pc as I got official games, which are more fun to play for me.
    But these official games unfortunately never had a level editor.
    And then Super Mario Maker came around.
    I got all my money together, borrowed some extra from my brother, and bought a Wii U with Super Mario Maker. Have played it for over 200 hours since.
    Jelle68 likes this.
  7. If we go just by number of hours logged I think WoW is probably the perfect game. I wonder if minecraft even comes close though? I cant really honestly imagine any other games coming even close. Eh, maybe tetris :-P
  8. By that metric, Skyrim (or perhaps Morrowind before it) would be my "perfect" game, but given Bethesda's track record of (sometimes hilarious) bugs and glitches... :rolleyes:
    Perfect definitely does not apply there.

Tetris I could see though. Flawless execution, rock-solid core concept, it's already withstood the test of time and the advancement of technology... Tetris isn't my favorite game by any stretch, but it'd certainly meet my criteria of "perfect."
    Hrghorhg and 607 like this.