The New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, i did not have the supply to fix it on hand, i will rapier it asap
    KoenJanssen likes this.
  2. Ahaha L0tad you high bro?
  3. I had to re-read that sign four times.
    L0tad, brickstrike, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ok, I'm going away for the weekend and so no major building approvals will be made. If you wish to get a plot of land ask L0tad for plots in Inizio or Dean_Catterson for plots in Wrem. Thanks guys!
  5. cool yay EMC wiki that will be helpful :)
  6. Lol wut.
  7. I, Choongjae, here at PPC, wish for everyone to be able to buy the products of any PPC shop easily! So, this is why I am planning the PPC delivery service.

In the current shop of PPC, which is located in Wrem, Creeper street and main street, you require a worker at hand to buy any product. Now, as PPC is in the early stages, we don't have enough budget to hire workers for round the clock shifts. Which is why I'm currently planning for the PPC delivery service.

The current plan for the PPC delivery service, is for the customer to drop an UNSIGNED book provided by PPC with the address of the recipient, what they request, and how much they payed, into a hopper.
    How do they pay? They drop the Neore into a different hopper, which only accepts transactions.
    How will we know if the customer is trying to steal? Well, if there happens to be a worker at PPC, everybody will buy using the workers service. (No delivery requests whilst the worker is working.) And any Neore that the worker gets whilst working will be put into another private chest to hold ONLY store transactions. Whilst a worker is NOT working, and someone wishes to buy something, they may use the delivery service, and the neore that is put into the hopper will NOT be sorted, and this is how we know if the customer did pay.

Courtesy of PPC, there is NO extra fee for delivering the items. The only requirement is that you MUST be a citizen of The New Republic, and you MUST have a mailbox to receive the items.

Now, we at PPC will lose books through this method, but we are trying to allow everyone in the New Republic to be able to buy products from PPC at any time.

Remember, that this idea is JUST a plan, not implement YET. Things may be changed, and this idea may turn out much different then how it is written down now. This may be a horrible idea, yes. But I believe this'll work out.

Cheers,
    Choongjae, Owner of PPC.
    L0tad and Adderwolf71 like this.
  8. I'm now worried my house will be blown up. :/
    kritacul likes this.
  9. I saw krit's design on the bridge, so I want to pitch in to. When I saw his, it was very simple and functional. So I did what any Neorepublican would have done: Improved it. With a bit spit, grit, dirt, and math I was able to find that the proposed link is around 77 blocks long.
    2013-05-30_18.34.33.png
    2013-05-30_18.34.44.png
    2013-05-30_18.34.51.png
    2013-05-30_18.35.09.png
    2013-05-30_18.35.22.png

This bridge is much like krit's, but I changed it a little. Instead of one support, I made it so that there are two supports that merge to form an arch. I made the bridge wider, and now there is a 4-block wide walking space and two lanes for minecarts. This bridge will take more resources and time, but I believe this is something we can use to flaunt the true work and dedication of the New Republic.
    Materials needed:
    206 stone brick slabs
    46 stone brick stairs
    716 pine wood slabs
    30 glowstone
    24 powered rails
    12 redstone torches
    4 buttons
    72 stone bricks
    142 rails
    darthin likes this.
  10. I would like to announce that as one of my first acts as Provisional Governor of the Bank of the New Republic, Choongjae is now appointed to be a Dispenser of Neore. You can now ask him or me for conversion. :)
    Choongjae likes this.
  11. I like the design, I just hope you take out the glowstone. Also it's about 80+ blocks from point to point in the location of where the bridge is supposed to go.
  12. I don't seem to be able to add pics on the Bridge Design chat.
    I have added Adderwolf71 to the design team and created a quick model of what the bridge could look like. It is the correct length (86m) although narrower as its just a model. The model also lacks the 2 buildings which are planned for each end of the bridge, the rails and the under road redstone system which may be developed to light it, oh wait. Mobs Can't spawn on it. Check it out.
    2013-05-31_00.53.44.png 2013-05-31_00.54.37.png 2013-05-31_00.54.14.png 2013-05-31_00.53.56.png
  13. Very bold but unpractical. Just saying Dean. But like you went out of the box.
  14. what is this bridge for?
  15. I'd like to join this outpost... is there anything I need to get done right when I arrive, if accepted?
  16. Mine got blown up about three times....then i just gave up and placed torches on about everything possible.
    Now i don't see monsters anymore.....
  17. For people to cross the Bay of Wrem
  18. me too can I join?
    ;)
  19. It has capabilities to accomodate a rail system, makes a good impression on people coming in, it's smart, different and doubles up as a landmark. The buildings at each end could house a hotel and museum, attracting visitors and increasing land prices.
    mba2012, napoleon3665 and Adderwolf71 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.