The New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, before the Government is elected, I want to appoint a Provisional Executive.

I will be the Provisional First Minister. If he wants the position, L0tad can be the Provisional Deputy First Minister.
    I will be looking for people willing to fulfill provisional roles in the following positions.
    • Chancellor of the Exchequer
    • Governor of the Bank of the New Republic
    • Secretary of State
    • Foreign Secretary
    • Economy Minister
    • Infrastructure Minister
    Job descriptions are as follows. No one minister is expected to do the entire work of a ministry, you are expected to use your funds to appropriate employ civil servants to complete the work efficiently.

• The Chancellor oversees the Treasury of the NR. As a Chancellor, you will need to collect money by means of donations, de facto taxation, and other means, organise and store it properly, using physical assets, and work with the other Ministers to create a budget with which the money can be appropriately distributed.
    • The Governor of the BNR governs the BNR. They are responsible for the management of the Neore currency, and cooperate with the Chancellor to ensure there is a sustainable rate of economic growth, low unemployment, price stability, and imports which equal exports, based on reports from the Economy Minister.
    • The Secretary of State oversees the Secretariat of State. They are responsible for managing our military/police force, the Neorepublican Army, the Grand Courts of Civil and Criminal Justice, citizenship, and law/order. A Secretary will need to establish all these and get them up and running.
    • The Foreign Secretary oversees foreign relations. They are responsible for our public relations, so nobody gets a thought that the New Republic is my personal puppet state to distribute lava walls everywhere, and instead knows that we are a forward, progressive nation. They are encouraged to establish relations with moderate-to-large sized outposts, and take communities under the Neorepublican wing, uniting everyone to a unanimous cause for everyone taking over the Wild.
    • The Economy Minister oversees registration of businesses, development of macroeconomic policy so the Office for Economic Administration knows how to combat inflation etc., getting people to work, national parks, Neorepublican culture, and assistance for the private sector.
    • The Infrastructure Minister oversees roads, railways, canals, the postal service, land claims, zoning, and everything in between.
    If you wish to obtain a Ministry, please private message me with the Ministry you want, and be prepared to explain thoroughly why you are the right person for the job. If you fail to convince me, you do not get the Ministry. :)
    L0tad, mba2012 and Dean_Catterson like this.
  2. Dear NR residents, leaders, and other members of the founding group:
    I have decided to leave the NR temporarily. No, I still care about my house in the capital so everyone, it's NOT up for grabs. If you want to know, I am going to be a wanderer, searching for the right spot to start a new city. It is going to be a independent republic for the time being. When the time is right, I will request my city to join under certain terms. I am allowing TWO people to come with me so if you want to leave the NR for a few days to a week, then please PM me and I will list some supplies we will need. I myself will need to gather supplies for a few days.

Thank you.

EDIT: I just remembered that the original city is NOT the capital, the original city is what I meant
  3. I recently discovered a zombie dungeon in a cave I was exploring (I still haven't explored the entire thing, it's huge). I would like to create a mob grinder/dog food factory/industrial potato and carrot farm. If anyone could help me build it, that would be great.
  4. The position of Infrastructure Minister has been fulfilled by Mba2012! The position can still be taken from him is someone more experienced is found.

The following positions remain open!
    • Secretary of State
    • Foreign Secretary
    • Economy Minister
    Please pm me if you want one of these :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. We still having elections or what?
  6. We are, an election shall be called once the government buildings have been built. At the moment, I am establishing a Provisional Executive. :)
  7. So, is there a possibility i can still take it? I am confused.
  8. I, napoleon3665, am requesting to be the provisional Secretary of State.

I have an excellent plan to get these all up and running in no time :)
    kritacul likes this.
  9. You can work with him, if you wish. If you can provide a better argument than him for assuming the Ministry and he has no viable defence, I can institute you as the Infrastructure Minister next week. :)

You don't appear to have any viable competitors, I'll grant you the Ministry. ^_^

With that, the following ministries remain.
    • Foreign Secretary
    • Economy Minister
    Anyone want them?
  10. Question. Is there someone in charge of defenses? I.E. Walls, lighting, Etc... Like a Defense Minister or a Secretary of Defense?
    Just curious.
  11. That's the Secretary of State, already appointed :)
  12. Awesome, good to know.
    :D
    The New Republic may be appearing in the next chapter of "Sunset over Utopia"
    If that's alright with it's founder.....
  13. Absolutely :D
  14. Perfect.....
    Absolutely Perfect.

(Edit) My god i'm sorry i had no idea the GIF was this huge ._.
    mba2012 and 72Volt like this.
  15. The position of Chancellor of the Exchequer has been fulfilled by Dean_Catterson! The position can still be taken from him is someone more experienced is found.

The following positions remain open!
    • Foreign Secretary
    • Economy Minister
    Please pm me if you want one of these :)
  16. I'll take Economy Minister, thank you.
  17. Well, you're already a dispenser for the NR Treasury, Governor would be more convenient. But if that's what you want, certainly. :)
  18. Ok, I'll take your suggestion as Governor. Thank you.
  19. Ok, as the current provisional minster for Infrastructure I am going to detail my proposed agenda.

The New Republic Metro System is privatised so I will not be dealing with it in a government way, I do however own the company doing this. I propose making the entire rail system, metro and national rail services, privatised and I propose giving them to MetCo. The company currently running/building the metro system.

The canal system is a more major part of the cities infrastructure. I propose keeping it under government control. Although that means the RET Industries or anyone else can no longer build canals unless they contact the Ministry of Infrastructure and get permission. You may create a branch of a canal into your plot of land only if you land borders on the canal and your canal causes no damage the the canal in it's current form.

Roadways will stay under government control also. People can build paths and roads to their property though. I propose allowing people to build and extension or a road or driveway across a sidewalk to a road, as long as the sidewalk is no more than 3 blocks wide and the driveway is no more than 3 blocks wide.

From now on, if anyone would like to buy a plot of land they must contact the Ministry of Infrastructure, who will grant them permission to have this plot of land. This system will be kept in place until we deem is ok to privatise the selling and allow real estate agents to do this job. Although, they will have to register any changes in ownership with the Ministry. If anyone would like the purchase land currently not zoned, allocated to anyone or all of the prior and not inside city walls they must contact the Ministry as well.

The following building restrictions now apply.

• All buildings must follow these restrictions. If anyone is found to be not following them a large fine of up to 100 neroe's will ensue.
    • Structures do not require a permit unless it is four or more blocks tall or takes up more than 66% of you land. But they must follow the following guidelines.
    • All structures must be used for what the land is zoned for. Buildings in commercial zones may have a small residential area. Buildings in Industrial zones may have a small commercial area and a small residential living space.
    • There must be a space between the building and the perimeter of your plot.
    • You may build a perimeter fence on the actual perimeter, but you must be in total agreement with your neighbour on how it is built.
    • Height restrictions have been put in place around the New Republic, all builds must follow this restrictions, fines of up to 100 nero's will ensue.
    • More restrictions will follow.
    It must be noted that these are provisional and will change without notice.

Also,
    All Rules Enforced By My Ministry Or Any Ministry In The New Republic MUST Be Followed In Every City In The New Republic.
    This includes Wrem.
    L0tad likes this.
  20. I'll take Deputy Secretary of State
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.