The most versatile block in the game?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Absolutely, even one bit further I think: from a sapling right down to several blocks, amongst which, obviously, stuff like workbenches, stail blocks and chests. But I think you can include beds into the whole thing as well. Nice going!
    Khalietal likes this.
  2. how about gold?

u can get nuggets, make 'm into ingots and make that into blocks. u can make armor from ingots (my fav!) but u can also make golden carrots and glistering melons from nuggets. and ofc golden apples! :eek:

but tools 2 like a clock and powered rails.
  3. After wood, the next MOST absolute versatile and varied must be the chainmail boots!

Massive tech tree of 0 recipes, found only in 1 kind of chest, I am always so thrilled to get one of those so I can lock it away in a chest to never use it again! Lol...
  4. Wood

if you asked anyone in this game what the most valuable block is, they'd say diamond.

But those diamonds do absolute crap if you have no wood. Plus wood is a nice building material, highly abundant, and I can never get enough on this here server because so many chests... :p
    Mob_Meal and ShelLuser like this.
  5. I have to say stone. Since you can keep it ghetto and go cobble with it.. You can keep it classy with stone slabs and use even in high tech builds.. You can go to stone bricks and get mid evil... or you can go with cracked stone and chiseled to make exotic builds..
    Mob_Meal and Khalietal like this.
  6. Lava bucket--> obsidian--> nether --> nether rack with its brick and variants, quartz with its blocks and pillars and stairs als redstone material, glowstone for brewing and for light(also lava), you can also get dungeon chest from nether fortresses which give a lot of stuff, pigmen--> gold and all its branches, blazes--> brewing and all potions, you can also get gravel in nether and kill wither skeletons--> wither boss--> beacon, you can also travel 8 times faster... Also lava buckets can make cobble and stone gens which have a crap ton of variants and recipes, lava can also kill animals and make cooked meats and drop the items(also give xp)

#getrektyounoobs
    607 and NathanRP like this.
  7. Hihihihihihi... At this point I feel obligated to nominate Minecraft as a block. Minecraft holds us all, including Steve, Alex, Nether and Ruben. Minecraft is the most common block source known second only to Lego. It is infinite and present everywhere
    ShelLuser, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. also lava--> obsidian-->nether
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. GOLD!!! cause its yellow and shiny.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Command block! I second that!

As much a wood is THE survival most versatile block, Command block is the Ultimate Creative/map maker block!

I love the command block so much I always use them on my games for so many reasons.

Its simple, what ever the game can create, we can make moar out of it! Good job on that JesusPower2!

I almost always make waypoints for my survival maps with CB. I also make item summoners when I reach certain goals to give myself umbreakable tools and I also use th a lot on custom mob arena of infinite monsters riding flaming chickens that are riding invisible bats. Sooooooooo much FUN all the time with CBs!

Volcanos are also cool to make. Delayed tnt explosion in the vents and all. Oh my.. I spent the last... I spent all the time since it exist to play with them lol
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. I just read myself... Can you tell I'm excited about commanf blocks or do I need to add more? Lololol
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  12. The most valuable in the game (survival) is wood. Without wood, no crafting bench to make most of the other things! Not to mention how many different things involve wood. Why else would (pun) "getting wood" be one of the very first achievements?
    Kytula and Khalietal like this.
  13. Did you make that yourself?
  14. Ya
    607 likes this.
  15. The answer is dirt, right? :D
  16. Of course
  17. Knew it m9