The Empire Trading Hive (ETH)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NZScruffy, May 16, 2014.

1. Spoilers :p

2014-05-23_20.08.00.png
    NZScruffy, 607, Gadget_AD and 2 others like this.
  2. Very nice
    samsimx likes this.
  3. samsimx likes this.
  4. Interesting. I asked moderators in the past if I could make an infinite paper trader public on my res and I was told not to. It seems that they felt it would adversely affect the economy.
  5. I don't think that's the reason… if you do this and drama or problems arise staff have no way to track who was trading with what villager and that can create more problems.
    607 likes this.
  6. Yeah I would say this is probably the reason behind it. If something happens and some sort of argument breaks out there is no way to trace back any resolution to the issue, which would create a forever lasting argument that could never be solved.
    samsimx likes this.
  7. I would like membership, what do I need to do for this? I have my own infinite paper villager and use it often, so I know how to use one.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  8. It didn't occur to me that making this semi-public might be an issue. I'll check with snr staff. thanks.
  9. okay, I understand that logic but the exact words were "please don't. It would break the economy". I won't say who told me this because I am positive that the person had honorable intentions and I don't want to cause drama. I just commented due to the response I got.
  10. I don't think we really tell people what they can and cannot do when it comes to the economy. I'm not talking about things like scamming, but if you want to secretly stock up on let's say, 100 DCs of diamonds and then suddenly release them into the economy, we'd never stop you, because even though it might "affect" the economy, you're still doing nothing wrong. :)
    dresden72 likes this.
  11. Yea.. people have been saying it'll break the economy for a long time, and it hasn't happened. So for that reason alone, it's not a problem. :)

The main issue with infinite villagers is that it makes use of an unintended feature of the trading system. And as such, staff will not support, replace, fix any infinite villagers that break or whatever due to any bugs, glitches, issues, whatever. You use them at your own risk.

But I believe if they were going to 'break' the economy, they'd have done so by now. :)

It's not an issue IMO.
    dresden72 and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  12. BTW you guys should get this done quick or EMC will update to 1.8 and then
    this will happen...
  13. At the rate they are going I don't think it will be an issue
    NZScruffy likes this.
  14. 2014-05-24_19.56.34.png
    Made by ninjaboy :p
    boozle628, NZScruffy and dresden72 like this.
  15. Ever since this project started there has been at least two mods on smp6 working on it. I think it will be up and running soon
    NZScruffy likes this.
  16. I would assume it would be completed around the same time even if they weren't mods.
    NZScruffy and EffinBatman like this.
  17. Yea that assumption is prolly correct.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  18. FirstJugBurgerz likes this.
  19. Any chance I might be able to sign up? There's one less used infinite farmer villager that I'd like to make, alongside the standard paper and XP villagers.
    NZScruffy likes this.