The EMC Parliament

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 72Volt, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vote or stand, and I'll pay you a free 100r! Learn how to vote/stand in this post!

The
    PARLIAMENT
    of
    EMPIRE MINECRAFT

Best Minecraft Servers

SMP8 • /v 16676 • /v +parl • /v +parliament • /v 72Volt

The Parliament of EMC will be a legislature with 4 members elected from each of the Empire's 10 servers. Anyone will be eligible to vote for candidates standing for their servers (based on where your primary residence is). I will serve as Speaker of the Parliament, responsible for organising sessions and elections.

The Parliament will hold debates of both silly and srs issues, as well as being a forum for community development in EMC. It will be empowered to kit out the huge empty spaces within the Parliament as they deem fit as a space for the EMC community to do cool stuff, and collect voluntary taxes (donations) to spend on doing cool stuff for the community. As Speaker, I will be responsible for holding all the Parliament's rupees, in my own rupee account, and hereby donate my own rupees for the Parliament's use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO VOTE/STAND:
    • To stand, post on this thread and state exactly: "I hereby stand for election." State which server your main residence is on.
    • Please do not state a server other than where your main residence is!
    • To vote, like the post(s) of the candidate(s) you wish to vote for.
    • You may vote more than once - but please do not vote for candidates not on your server, as they will not count.
    • Please do not like a candidate's post unless you are voting for them!
    • Do not offer voters a rupee, item or any other reward for voting for you or a specific candidate. If you do, you will be disqualified. If any candidate PMs you or posts offering such a reward, please report them to me.
    • If you wish to cast your vote secretly, you can do so by PMing me your choice.
    • Our first election will last until 9th May 1pm BST.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I look forward to your participation!
  2. First
    ;)
    72Volt likes this.
  3. I hereby stand for election for smp8
    Sgt_Pepper4 and kevmeup like this.
  4. This could be fun ;)

4 years on EMC and it all began on SMP3. I hereby stand for election for SMP3. It's time to make us relevant again.
    FoxyRavenger and ShrinkingMatt like this.
  5. Make SMP3 Great Again?

We're going to build a wall, and SMP4 is going to pay for it.
  6. Nah, I'm going to make tutorials free. I'm going to make tools to protect you from those dirty mobs/players free. I'm going to make the rich and corrupt pay for it. #FeelTheChocolate
  7. I hereby stand for SMP2, who ever wants to vote for me like my post pretty please.
  8. why do we even need this :confused:
  9. We don't! But it's helpful. We can do cool stuff, and hold events, and kit out the Parliament building.
    MissFable and 607 like this.
  10. The way I look at it is that its kina of an NHS. They create events to unite the community more, and collect funds to donate to other events
  11. I hereby stand for election for smp8.

#MakeEMCGreatAgain
    fishboyrules likes this.
  12. I hereby stand for election for smp5
    Mileymoomin, God_Of_Gods and HannahEB like this.
  13. I hereby stand for election for smp7
    FoxyRavenger, nuclearbobomb and 607 like this.
  14. I hereby stand for election for SMP5. :)
    MissFable, Mileymoomin and _FB_ like this.
  15. I also hereby stand for election for smp5 because why not?! I'm the political stormtrooper now!
    _FB_ likes this.
  16. I hereby stand for election for smp7.
    Cool idea! :) I'll see how this plays out!
    Anyone else from smp7?
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  17. Sounds cool! I will stand to be elected for the Great Smp of 7! Finally a chance to express my(somewhat) great speaking skills!

Edit: To be official: I hereby stand for election for smp7
  18. Smp6. Us pvpers can talk too.
  19. I hereby stand for election for SMP1.
    Nice idea, we'll see how this goes :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.