Texas schools punish students who refuse to be tracked with microchips

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jeanzl2000, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Ours has that too.
    Yup ours have that too. and lol
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  2. alexschrod likes this.
  3. you didn't write anything...
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. Yeah, she did she just hid it in the quote somehow, here;
    Cchiarell6914 and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  5. lol, sorry. I dont post in here much. but at least I tried. A for effort?
    Cchiarell6914 and alexschrod like this.
  6. At my school its simple, I remember a number that is mine, and I use it for lunch.
    Why does everything have to be so difficult?
  7. You Get An A!
    A for Absolutely Terrible!
    Nah Just Kidding You get an A for Attempt!
  8. We allow ourselves to be tracked and then pretty soon it will be 1984... or maybe I am just paranoid like that.
    Cypher_Rahl and tinkerbell28 like this.
  9. That's some very nice greytext you have there.
  10. Do You Mean This:

3 December 1984.

The Bhopal disaster or Bhopal gas tragedy was an industrial disaster that took place at a Union Carbide pesticide plant in the Indian city of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. At midnight on 3 December 1984, the plant accidentally released methyl isocyanate (MIC) gas, exposing more than 500,000 people to MIC and other chemicals. The first official immediate death toll was 2,259. The government of Madhya Pradesh has confirmed a total of 3,787 deaths related to the gas release. Others estimate 8,000-10,000 died within 72 hours and 25,000 have since died from gas-related diseases.

Some 25 years after the gas leak, 390 tonnes of toxic chemicals abandoned at the Union Carbide plant continue to pollute the ground water in the region and affects thousands residents of Bhopal who depend on it. There are currently civil and criminal cases related to the disaster ongoing in the United States District Court, Manhattan and the District Court of Bhopal, India against Union Carbide, now owned by Dow Chemical Company, with arrest warrants pending against Warren Anderson, CEO of Union Carbide at the time of the disaster.

or This

ok so theres winston and he lives in a society where people are controlled by telescreens (its like a camera that watches you and you can watch) and like you have to follow the way teh goverment wants you to follow it or else you get taken off the record like you never exist. the thought police are in control of that. so winston meets this girl (i dont remember her name) and they have an affair and stuff and like winston and her are against the government and they are trying to figure out a way to end it an stuff. so winston rents out an apartment from mr charrington (who is like some name that starts with a p but they are like the most important people in this society) and there is a picture on a wall and no telescreen (or so they think) and winston and the girl do it (which is not allowed) and they find the telescreen and mr charrington ends up being a though police and the girl is taken away and never spoken of and winston is tortured by rats that attack his face and he needs to give up all the information he know. in the end he does and the last line is "He loved Big Brother" big brother is the government. and yah. thats about it. so like he did everything for nothing Taken From: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091121191649AAeYJUQ
  11. I mean the George Orwell book.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  12. Thank god that none of this malarkey has come to Kansas yet but, I'm sure if Obama is elected again that will all change.
  13. My wife and I homeschool our two boys. If we didn't, I'm pretty sure any micro-chipped school ID would spend a minute or so in my microwave oven.

[edit] not that I recommend microwaving ID cards for those unwilling or unable to pay for the damage
  14. My primary school failed me. They hidden that I have dycalculia from me & my parents, they lied about my exam results (I was really a 2B in maths, but they said I was a 5C) and my sister broke her arm - they said she didn't do ANYTHING to it.

Which is why my 15 month old brother is going to be homeschooled. Honestly, schools track you, blame you for things you didn't do and in past experiences they even LIE to you. Homeschooling allows you to not be blamed for anything, you won't be tracked, and you won't be lied to. However, making friends would be harder...
  15. Not necessarily. We take our kids to the YMCA for swimming and tumbling lessons and they make friends there. They also have friends who are kids of my wife's and my friends. Also, many homeschooling families get together with other homeschooling families to consolidate resources. Your parents should look into things like that. We are secular homeschoolers so we are partial to www.secularhomeschool.com and the facebook group for secular homeschoolers, but there are a lot of web resources for religious homeschoolers. Just do a Google search.
  16. My parents are both catholic but i'm not very religious. I go to a joint-faith high school and my religion is filled in as 'Catholic', even though i'm not. But if they want 2 kids who believe in god then I guess the links you provided are the way to go :p

At the '2 kids' part, my sister is very religious, much like my parents, but my brother is like me.
  17. I reckon this is completely reasonable given it's ONLY used during school hours for the purpose of tracking students down whilst they are IN SCHOOL GROUNDS. This could be EXTREMELY helpful in a range of situations; what if there was a fire or some other kind of emergency, where everyone had to go to a specific location to remain safe? This would come in handy as you could simply check the scanner (or whatever is used to track the students) to see if there is anyone still inside the building. Of course they would still have to check but this would hopefully add an extra layer of security.

I completely agree that it is completely unnecessary for these devices to be used to track students outside school as it's none of the schools business where that student may go or what they may do. Once the student has left the school grounds at the end of the school day that student is no longer the responsibility of the school, the student is the responsibility of their parents!

Having the chip in a student ID card does and doesn't make sense... Yes that is probably the best place to put it and it also means that if the student loses their card they can easily track it down to find it. What about in an emergency if someone's card falls off their belt of out of their pocket or wherever it might have been? Then when the teachers look at the scanner they'll see a student is there when in actual fact they're really doing the right thing. Off-course with doing the role when everyone reaches the specified location the teachers would know to dismiss that card as they have already seen the student with they're own eye's.

This idea has both ups and downs but honestly I believe there are more good things about it than there are bad. Given the schools utilize this tool in the right way and not using it to invade on privacy.
  18. Personally, my school uses a system where you tell somebody your ID and they charge you $5 for a disgusting lunch.
    That may be the worst summary I've ever read...
    EDIT: I checked it out... I HATEDZ DAT BUK I HAD TO REED 4 SUMMER! People like that don't understand great books very well.
  19. Man, you are seriously awesome. If only all parents were like you and your wife, and how my wife and I intend to be when we have children, and most of the problems with school would go away.

Anyway, this idea that students have to wear microchips just reinforces the idea that school is a prison for children. Anyone who is even remotely interested in what schools are really for, should see this video. It's very fascinating, and shows why you shouldn't send your children to public school.

Cypher_Rahl and EdmundWayne like this.
  20. I wish more homeschooling parents like you and your wife would step up. I hate that home-school is getting a bad rep.

As far as the ID's and such, when I started elementary school we had colored laminated paper that had our name, teacher and what type of lunch etc on it that was stamped with a hole puncher. 2nd grade they decided we needed laminated cards with our picture, a bar-code, teacher, grade, student number etc. on them that we just held up and they scanned. We had that until my sixth grade year. We were then assigned a number until we graduated that we had to memorize to type into the keypad at the end of the line.
    Cypher_Rahl and mba2012 like this.