Supporter Vouchers

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Supportership is made for supporting the empire. I want it to stay like that
  2. TRUTH!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. This is awesome!!! +100 :D

Now we can gift our friends with it or find other uses for it (Drop parties, like you said). This is a brilliant idea. ^_^ Too bad I'm broke right now and can't buy any... xD
    zulu9, NZScruffy and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. I agree. We should always have to pay real money for them because that's what they're here for. As donations to help run the server. :)
  5. Money is money regardless. Supporter gifting has always been around, although not necessarily streamlined as it is now. Whether people purchase them for another or for themselves, does it really matter? Nope, a purchase is still a purchase, and still funds EMC.

Now I do support being able to do this, and believe that it is a fantastic idea, however for those of us who paid for vouchers for the holiday promo ahead of time believing that it would be a rare opportunity, becomes a bit disappointing.

Previously, to gift someone, one would pay and then let the staff know who was to get the supporter for a month. There were no vouchers, or any other 'special items' that could be gotten.

That being said, I would hope that the holiday supporter vouchers differ somehow from these new supporter-ship vouchers. I did purchase this thinking that it would be a one-time 'rare' event for vouchers to be available.

I do not often request anything from the staff at EMC, but I would ask that they would put some thought into this and change the verbiage or something to differentiate the holiday supporter vouchers as compared to any future vouchers.

Thank You!
    zulu9, 607, NZScruffy and 2 others like this.
  6. I like how "Supporter" is light blue (diamond) "Vouchers" is yellow (gold) and the text is white (free). Nothing is iron. :eek:
    gollark8 likes this.
  7. I honestly don't recall what they say on them now...but if they said "Holiday Voucher" we'd likely remove the Holiday from it as that wouldn't make sense anymore, haha. Though, that'd likely be the only change as the rest are simply instructions to redeem them.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Just says <Level> Supporter Voucher with the instructions as the lore.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. We never made any intent that it was a never to be obtained again item, so we won't be changing it as I'm pretty sure I worded it generically.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Yes, it is generic, says 'supporter gift'. Instructions follow. So indeed, nothing indicates 'holiday'.
    I do understand that there was no explicit verbiage indicating that it would not be obtained again. There was also no indication that it would be released in the future either. Similar to any other promos. Nowhere have I seen that orebusters or turkey slicers will not be released in the future, and I would not expect them to be either.

I just was disappointed that I scrambled to get this thinking that it was a limited time thing. That is all. I had to express myself and post regarding it as I do feel a bit misled believing it to be connected to the holidays.

Regardless, thank you Aikar and ICC for taking the time to read my post and to comment on it. Does mean something to me knowing that you read what I wrote.
    zulu9, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  11. Well, the promo was a holiday promo. Promo doesn't always have to mean a specific item. For example, if we ever did a 10% off rupees promo...the act of the 10% of is the promo. So, the vouchers weren't really meant to be a special item of any sort...just a simple way for us to keep track of and give out the memberships. :)

Hope that makes sense.
  12. Just an idea, maybe you could rename the new vouchers from "supporter gift" to "diamond membership voucher" so those with the old vouchers can still feel like they got something special?
    Equinox_Boss and FDNY21 like this.
  13. I really love this idea :) Thank you for doing this !
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I will sell you as many as you want for 1 million rupees each. Drop me a PM any time.

The point here is. Supporter membership should always cost real money. As that money is what pays for EMC. The server hosting, marketing, etc. They cannot ever be sold from the /shop, because then there is no revenue. But they CAN be sold by players, as they will first be purchased with real money, which then goes to paying for the server. Does that make sense?

I'm sure Aikar and Co would be happy to hear more ideas of how to raise $$ for the server. :)
    zulu9, Equinox_Boss, 607 and 2 others like this.
  15. It does ICC, it does make sense.
    The promotion was a discount. And giving additional rupees, or discounted rupees is promotional, or promo.
    However comparing rupees to items is a bad analogy.
    Every rupee is identical. Every item is not identical.

I had absolutely no idea that gift vouchers were planned for the future, nor that they would be the exact same that anybody could get in the future at anytime. When you indicate that the vouchers weren't really meant to be a special item, I believe that this is why I feel the way I do. Vouchers never existed before the holiday event that I am aware of, and nothing I ever saw indicated that these could be gotten in the future.

So I will ask this, maybe to clarify because I do miss things... Was there any post prior to the holiday promo event that supporter vouchers would be released in the future? Trust me in that I do appreciate the discount in it.

I do agree that we should have vouchers! I think its a fantastic idea! I really hope people take advantage of this and help their friends and EMC at the same time!

However again, I am disappointed that the vouchers purchased as part of the holiday promotion will not differ from future vouchers for the above reasons. That's all. Regardless, whether or not you choose to change it, I just wanted to express myself. Maybe it will help in the future.
  16. The Holiday voucher is generic. So won't differ in any way from current vouchers sold I imagine. There is no mention on it of the 'Holiday' promotion.

The difference being that we paid $10 for the Holiday promotion, and now they'll cost the normal $20.

So to anyone thinking they got a raw deal, you didn't. And you should avoid assuming things are a one time offer, unless Aikar specifically says so. :) This is marketing, don't assume anything.
    zulu9, Equinox_Boss and xHaro_Der like this.
  17. Unless I am mistaken, I indeed thanked the staff that it was at a discounted rate in lieu of the typical rate.
    The issue has nothing to do with $ in case you did not completely read my posts.

And typically things are assumed when implied.

Let me ask you this. Did you assume that we will never again have 2013 turkey slicers released? Did you assume that 60k member items will never again be released? I do not remember ever reading anywhere where Aikar specifically said that they would never be released again... So answer me this: Is it specifically stated anywhere that these items will never be released again?

It indeed would be nice if every word, letter, and detail would be fully described and articulated leaving absolutely nothing to be 'assumed', however in the real world the practicality of it would mean nothing productive would ever get done because you would be too busy writing words that hardly anybody reads anyway.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and NZScruffy like this.
  18. Just appreciate it the fact that EMC even HAS special items, and that supporter vouchers are going to be a thing, cause demanding to know the semantics of the whole situation won't solve a thing. Who said supporter vouchers would be any cheaper anyway? I'm sure you'll still be paying 200k+ for them. These people paid real money for these vouchers, those who do sell them for in game money will want a good deal. So just wait and see what happens, you don't even know if you've been given a raw deal yet or not. :)
    Equinox_Boss and Kells18 like this.
  19. Well, to be fair...the definition of a voucher in itself determines it's an item that will be used to turn in for something else...it's more or less a coupon. Also, in terms of some special items, like the "Turkey Slicer", we don't know if it will be called that next year or we do something else...but it's POSSIBLE there will be a 2014 Turkey Slicer.
  20. Yes, and sorry for any mis-understanding. I really wish posts would be read before responded to.
    I think you know where I am coming from, and I do understand your position as well.
    My whole point was simply to articulate that I was a bit disappointed that it will not be differentiated, such as the example you have given like the 2013 vs 2014.

Trust me, I am happy that this is now an option available for all, and that it will be around I hope for a long time.

See you in the mines!
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.