(Suggestions) Bring emc back into 2013-2016 stage.

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by aletrisrex, Jun 5, 2022.

?

Do you want me make more idea?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2022.
yes, do it! 3 vote(s) 33.3%
no. 4 vote(s) 44.4%
Please, just leave emc. 1 vote(s) 11.1%
some of my idea are suite, while other is not (description below) 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. What is this thread about?
    The poll, title and body all suggest different topics to me. :p
    KatydidBuild and Gawadrolt like this.
  2. hmm, the general post about let other suggest their idea to suite emc's mass need
    also i posted poll about did other like my idea
  3. I've thought about it, but I don't have any ideas. I think it'd be good if the Minecraft server was up to date, but it already is. :D However, EMC is made up of a persistent survival Minecraft server and a forum. Both of those have been steadily declining in popularity for several years now, I think, so it is logical that EMC's activity has too. On the other hand, I'm sure many other forums and Minecraft servers have been shut down, but EMC is still online. As a result, you would expect people to still find it, and actually, they do, we do get new members sometimes. The demand probably dies down more quickly than the supply, however.
  4. *sweet, not suite
  5. It's no surprise that you want to revert to a time when EMC was in it's prime. I won't say not to focus on the past at all, because sometimes you need to look back in order to realize what needs to change moving forward.

It was a great time, for everyone, and as much as I think it's over, I know it doesn't have to be. The most important part is that it took place. All you can do now is enjoy what's left, while it's left. Try to figure out a solution to keep the old gem running!
  6. I think Nick said it best. Those who play on EMC have a chance to make new memories and keep things active within the community! :D

Also, hi Nick, long time no see! :3
  7. Agreed. let's bring precious gem back to prime
    Im bringing up emc fresh idea to get old gem working but seems most of you arent understand. This is 2022 era, not 2012 where forums era still working. Most big server now much changed when compared to 2012. We need something special and they eventually discover it.
    Also, media is another improtant.
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  8. we need something new, fresh idea.
    how about we provide income for staff? and they will eventually dedicate.
    also, let's bring mr. chicken into this thread!
  9. Anyone have any idea about total rennovate?
  10. Minecraft is the only game I play. I am decently old and really enjoy joining the other players in game.

There were only two servers I belonged to. Empire and the huge one that starts with a big 'H'. A few weeks ago I gave up on the other server. They constantly made changes that made me feel left out or behind. I now dedicate all my gaming time to Empire. Sure, it's really quiet lately but the dedicated players are always on and willing to get chat going.

I bought a pack of supporter vouchers a month or so ago and am willing to buy more to support the server and to keep it going for others.

EMC is unique place. I get the feeling most new players are looking for a fast paced pvp server. Well, EMC is not that and I really hope never tries to go that way. It will take time to increase the player base but we will get there.

If only one change could be made to this site I would like it to be the use of credit cards to pay for supporter items. Paypal is great but they send out too many emails (Other players with a non gaming spouse will understand where that thought comes from).

That's my ramble of thoughts for now.
  11. That has been my experience with another server as well. They constantly reset and make changes to keep up with the newest, popular aspects of Minecraft. I logged in one day to find all the building that I have done erased.

I like and stick with Empire Minecraft cause I can come back anytime and find the stuff I'm working on still there, waiting for me. Plus the community is better over here.

+1 for being able to use credit/debit cards.
  12. yes, thing you build/stuff you did still there. just a few rennovations without affect old user's datas. You can consider them as migrate
    i and those who need rennovate will still keep old gem running and bigger.
  13. If you want to personally fund paying staff, be my guest.

I think the best way to help EMC gain traction is to just be active, friendly, welcoming, and vote for the server.

I think if you did some looking through the archive suggestion threads you'd find some valuable discourse about ideas that have been shot down and why.
  14. so, im assume many ppl before me suggest tons of cool idea and they just shut down eventully they left cuz emc ppl (most of them) doesnt like idea?
    then why idea section existed in emc?
    and what make emc ppl doesnt like idea?
    also, what's reasons why emc active ppl is shrink down and many ppl eventually left?
  15. okay. according to poll emc ppl doesnt like my idea. so i will stop making idea
  16. Ideas get suggested all the time. Many have been implemented but not all of them are feasible and ultimately it's up to the staff what happens to the server, not the community.

The idea sections exists to suggest ideas. As I said above, some ideas get implemented, some don't.

Depends on many factors relating to different individuals.

EMC is coming up on eleven years old. Its popularity peaked after about a year and a half and the active playerbase began to gradually decline to its current level when it was about six. The type of server it is is not popular anymore anyway and the Java version of the game is now pretty much a legacy version, with new Minecraft players being funnelled towards the Bedrock version. Not to mention that earlier mentioned player base has seen drama, poor moderation at times, etc. that has made many old players never want to come back. It's just an old community. Also the forums haven't been required for you to sign up to for years now so they kinda died with that decision. I wish the forums and everything were still vibrant with life but I also kinda like it this way - pretty much everyone left here is a mate lol
  17. I also kind of like the small town vibes.
    crystaldragon13 and farmerguyson like this.
  18. yea, if you said so...
    how about we create cross-bridge in emc, make emc being able to play on bedrock? ( You can look huge list of my idea, it's interresting and also act as a base for those interested to look)
    We need to know this server exists, and this seems we got only 1 player...... per month

Okay?