[SUGGESTION] Vault Pages UI

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by dragontombs, Jun 23, 2014.

?

Good Idea?

Yes 15 vote(s) 93.8%
No 1 vote(s) 6.3%
  1. Also could we create physical vault chests? They could work just like ender chests! This would help people who have storage rooms and use the vault at the same time (like me) to access ALL their storage from 1 central location! There would be no gap in the user's experience!
    DragaoNimhe, jwalker8822 and Gap542 like this.
  2. Why not have an Item Vault? Like an actual chest. You right click the chest to open the vault, the "Vault" itself would tell your its name and its vault number. It would lessen on commands. If somebody else attempts to use your Vault Chest, it would pop from their hands and be mailed to you or something.
  3. That would mean there would be a wild vault, which I dont think is ever going to be allowed
  4. I'm sure EMC can make it so u can't make these in the wild

I had a similar idea, but there's no need for the vault to pop from other people's hands and be mailed, my idea was that they work like ender chests, so if somebody else accesses your vault chest, they just open their own vault!
  5. So those would be within the vault page itself?
    How would you see that working, would it then delete the contents of the lower row?
    607 likes this.
  6. to me just seems like alot of coding to save you from hitting the space bar, you still have to move and click which might as well be typing 1-100 on the number pad. plus the more of these little ui's we add tot he game the more work updates take
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  7. It is possible to track this.

I think a simple chest UI system would be good. Plus they can be made in basically five minutes if you don't want to do anything super fancy with it.
    DragaoNimhe likes this.
  8. Yes, sadly u would hav 1 less row per page, but I think it's worth it.
    DragaoNimhe likes this.
  9. I believe it would be possible to add an extra one to the bottom.
  10. It is possible.
  11. If you're a supporter, you need to buy 4 extra vault pages to get to open all of them for free. Given that, for a supporter, it costs 10,000r to buy an extra page; that's 40,000r that you're saying you would happily spend to open it for free. The fact that it only charges 10r per use means you will not see ANY savings at all from purchasing the 4 extra vaults until you open your vault 4,000 times. You will actually loose a lot of money if you don't open your vault 4,000 times.

Now, if you are not a supporter, you can only buy one vault for 10,000r and must buy the others via vault vouchers. So 10,000 + (3 x 17,000r per voucher) = 61,000r spent on getting free vaulting for a non-paying member. This means you need to open your vault 6,100 times before you see any savings. Yet again, you will loose even more money than supporters if you don't use your vaults a ton.

That being said, supporters must use their vault 4,000 times and regular members must use their vault 6,100 times before you even begin to see a single rupee saved. I imagine that very few people who buy the 4 extra vaults will be the ideal industrial user that will actually see some savings after using their vaults in such magnitude. I assume most people who spend the money to do this either:

a) Are legitimate heavy vault users Very few
    b) Are sick of seeing the message that says you spent 10r every time they open The majority
    c) Don't care about saving money so they kick math to the curb A decent amount of people
    d) Want the extra storage space A slightly larger amount of people
    e) Are rich and got cash to blow for nearly any reason Very few
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  12. Yes, but the texture gets messed up and looks really bad!

13. Vault vouchers are free.
    I don't actually know why I bought this many vaults :p
    Just felt good to know I have it I guess
    [/center]
  14. I only need to use my vault 1,000 times to get savings after my 100 vote streak.
  15. im pretty sure the majority of people who make alot of money in auctions and shops use close to that amount at the very least. i cant be entirely sure but ive opened my vault atleast 2k times (aikar halp) and ive only purchased with rupees one vault. the rest i got from vouchers off minibosses 20k to me was worth being able to open it unlimited :p
  16. I have 50 vaults. I use them many times a day. I use the vaults instead of an actual storage room because i dont have to TP to a different res just to get a pickaxe. I open a vault atleast 20 times a day.
    yes, that message is annoying for people like me that use vaults alot lol.
    heh
    Yep, its my main storage space.
    heh
    607 likes this.
  17. I love this post. Is there any reasoning behind the last "heh" not being italic though?
  18. Idea- you do /vault, and brings you to the vault selection page (9 slots, 5 vaults per page of slot) and it doesn't cost any money to open the vault selection page or a vault in general, but costs 10 rupees to take out or add any amount of items.
  19. Doesn't it take even more time then?
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  20. That really slows down the 'quick and easy' process of vaulting. I'd rather pay 10r to unlock full vault access for one minute. So you pay, and you have 1 minute to open any of your vaults that you want and do anything. After a minute, you pay again if you want. We have it so you pay 10r for one use, you could just make it 10r for any of your vault pages for a minute.

But really when you think about it, switching vaults in order to avoid paying again only benefits people with 2-4 vaults which really isn't that many. Much easier to just cough up the cash for a total 5 pages or live with it tbh. You'd be free past 5 anyhow.

It's 10r, I mean come on.

I have to be honest, ever since I joined I always thought the 10r fee was an excess of stupidity. I remember having like 2,000r total and 10r really didn't do crap. Maybe with all the server and new people paying it might add up, but really there's better rupee sinks. It's an annoyance and I will never agree with it :p