[Suggestion] Vault Next Button!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Jun 20, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

yes 52 vote(s) 96.3%
no 2 vote(s) 3.7%
  1. Yes please + 4million
  2. I am sure with the ability to make a chest gui I am sure there could be something added. Maybe suggest to the creator of the vault plugin, they may be able to find a way. :D
  3. EMC Vaults are self-made by the dev team I believe. The Vault plugin that is renowned is a economy plugin for Towny/Factions etc.
    607 likes this.
  4. Yes, but they still use the normal chest GUI. I mean, where would you want to put the arrow? It'd need to take up a spot, and I don't think people would like having two spots less per vault page.
  5. First, +1, I do Like this idea
    Second, is it posseble to make the switch buttons your arrow keys at your keyboard so you haven't got problems with were you have to place them, or when there isn't anything posseble Like That, you can just make a command Like /vault next so you can use [key T] [arrow up] every time.
  6. No, I don't think there's the possibility of listening to button inputs while having a chest opened.
    /vault next would definitely be a good improvement, though.
  7. (Came from my thread, but still relevant)
  8. In some other vault plugins, if you click on the right/left outside area of the vaults it detects this and moves you a page up/down. I love this idea though! +1
  9. +1 because i'm sure in the future I will finally use one of my vault vouchers :D
    legoace61 likes this.
  10. trust me, once you decide to is when you suddenly have use for all of them then you need more
    Hawkeye1954 and Penguinub like this.
  11. mrsocks that will just not do. promise us! we NEED this! 40pages is way too many to keep typing or upscrolling and exiting every time I want to gotothe next vault page and I know for sure that there are several players with many more pages than i have lol. PROMISE US! :p Thanks for the tracker....

Ps: We(I) need this! Did I say that already?
    legoace61 likes this.
  12. Bump, With the new /res cset, maybe can we have the way that the next page is?
  13. If you mean the arrow clicker, it's not worth it to lose an entire slot just so you can scroll through. Also, how would you get EVERYONE with a vault to free up those slots? It wouldn't work, and would suck for people with 100+ vaults
  14. /ps option?
  15. It would be underused if that's how it worked, waste of time for Devs if they do it like that imo.
  16. It's very easy to implement - Instead of default (6 rows / 54 slots) you add another row - setting it up with 7 rows

The vaults aren't default double chests, they are custom inventories where you set how many rows there are...

You may have the 7th row's slots set up like this: [_X_][__][_<_][__][_i_][__][_>_][__][_$_]

_ means a blank slot (not used)
    X can be used to close the current vault
    i means it shows the information about the current vault
    $ means 'click to expand vaults' ie to buy another vault
    < means to go to the previous vault
    > means to go to the next vault

< and > will appear accordingly if you are on the first or last vaults that you have...
    --------------------

on drag event | on inventory click event | etc you may check if the player is trying to click an item in slot 54-63 ... if they are you cancel the event ... if it's one of the custom items you then proceed to perform a specific function
  17. With 128 Vaults and plans to add another 256 Vaults, I need this ASAP.
    legoace61 and Seanawesome14 like this.
  18. Please don't say easy. It is misleading.
    One would be correct that it is possible. But the vault system simply is not designed to accommodate the extra buttons. It is on a completely different system from things like /res cset. With that system, I was able to whip this up in like <10 minutes (using existing infrastructure that was recently overhauled with last nights update).

Here it is shown that an extra row can be put there. making it Possible, but far from easy. Systems like vault/mail are handled separately in a certain way to control dupe potential and save the item data. Would take time to understand those systems before I could even think about merging these two separate systems together.