[Suggestion] Track removal of powered rails and detector rails

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by M4ster_M1ner, Apr 4, 2013.

1. For the people that need extra explaining in chicken's post aside from the one we already fixed, it means that even though some community input wants an official "What do we track" list, we won't give it because it let's the greifers know what NOT to touch.
  2. I'm just wondering who you think chose the bug team and why you don't trust them. I'll give you a hint-- people say he likes to ruin the economy.... These guys are a valuable asset to our community -- I for one appreciate their work. Just because their names aren't an odd color doesn't make them any less a part of the staff team in my mind, and they should be respected as such.
  3. I'd just like to point out to anyone who cares. You can see those who we appoint to collecting bugs as part of the EMC Staff team. While they have a much different task than moderators and is less time consuming, they are helping EMC out in a VERY BIG way. They are not only qualified but recommended to report bugs to as they have a much better chance at getting logged (and then fixed) quicker. Reporting to the staff is still acceptable, but may not get seen as quickly as we have lots of other messages/issues to deal with as well.

These guys, aside from personal messages, will get the reports right away. :)
  4. Thank You icecreamcow, Sometimes I need to remember to think before I speak lol, although what I typed is true- it comes off the wrong way.
    PandasEatRamen and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  5. No worries. I'm sure that 99.9% knew what you meant. ;)
    chickeneer and PandasEatRamen like this.
  6. Yeah well this can have the complete opposite effect when you guys make it public "we don't track power tracks" they go specifically for them
  7. Yeah well that's how you catch griefers. If they told us everything they log then griefers would say "Oh hey, they won't catch me if I mine/chop this guy's cobble/wood house.
    IcecreamCow likes this.

8. Hmm have you heard of choice

I only respect them as players / members as that is what they are. I am not intrested in telling a bug team anything. Keep telling everyone to add you people into conovs maks me want to do the opposite. To stay away to much in your face plus I don't trust them all they do is log hmm staff can do that plus its safer.

I stand by what I am doing as it works.

Some stuff I have reported fulls under the data pertection act as giving out information should only go to staff / admins as it is not for members eyes or any bug team to see. The information I share is between staff only and that's it.
  9. * Powered rails and detector rails, not normal rails.
    * Not that common at all (?), and usually only placed to stay for long time or forever whichever comes first.
    * Not tracking the items / blocks, nor placing, but tracking removal (breaking) of them, which rarely happens.
    * Nothing to do when used normally. No lag.

I have difficulties understanding your dialect (I'm not a native).
    But if you mean "Town good. Wilderness bad." then I'm glad to inform you that SMP means "Survival Multi-Player", and not "Town Multi-Player" and that even if that "Wilderness bad" attitude was originally quite spread among part of the EMC staff and members, the most of the people did not join to "play town" but to play survival, and AFAICT, the majority is very happy with the current decisions to shift the focus on survival and the Wilderness and make the game more challenging, while keeping strict "No griefing, no stealing." policy.
    Lasluin likes this.
  10. Hmm I just find it unsafe in the wild other than to go way out and get eg sand and logs. I did one time build out there but it got recked. So I now build in the town. I am not saying dont build in the wild if you want to build in the wild go for it just be aware of everything. The policy needs to be more stricted no tolerance policy should do it.
  11. The mods have a strict policy in place. People get permanently banned everyday for griefing and many if not all of them do not get an appeal to come back. They then have to buy a new account and then they either go about their usual ways and get banned once again or they go "Gee, maybe I shouldn't do this." and actually keep from getting banned. Not only are they brand new just signed up players but some of them end up being well known or been here over 100 days. The safest place to build in the wild is several kilometers out. An easy way to do this is basically make a nether portal and start walking, after a while make another. Every so many blocks in the nether is so many blocks in the wild.

As for your problem with the bug team, did you know that most other games have bug teams you report them to? You don't usually report anything to admins and such. You go to a "Support" form, fill it out and it sits for months until you get an automated "Thank You for submitting. We'll get to this when we feel like it." The bug team is there to help the staff. Many of the staff have jobs, go to college, have lives outside of EMC and can't be here to catch things 24/7 but have ways to be alerted.
    GenBlkGuy, IcecreamCow and AlexChance like this.
  12. You "stated" your opinion [very rudely] 2 PM's ago. Not sure why you continue to bring it up though as it's completely irrelevant here - our team isn't bothered that you won't submit bugs to us because we don't have a coloured name, as Jack has told you (even though you have no good reason not to) but we are bothered that you're continuing to be rude about it.

Sorry m4nic, back on topic?
    will_iamd and PandasEatRamen like this.
  13. Of course you're welcome to do it as you have. We're just correcting your information for others to see so they know it's okay to report to our bug team. It's just as safe to do it to them as it is to us. Any bug you report to us OR them will be seen by not only us and them, but anyone that wants to see it as our bug log is public for viewing.
  14. I just want to chime in that I have also tried building nether railways, twice, and both times they were griefed and all the powered rails (several stacks) were stolen. The entrances were both pretty well hidden and I didn't tell a single person about them; one of them even had three layers of hidden passages, a decoy "vault", and four decoy nether portals to prevent one accidentally linking to my real entrance, and somebody still found the rail and griefed it. I'm guessing they were using an xray mod to see all the hidden passages, and there's not a single thing anyone can do to defend against that.
  15. You should ask questions regarding this on the actual thread and you'll find that it's already been answered anyway. :)
  16. I looked at everything in this thread and nothing answered my question. Also, I already voiced my opinion on this.
  17. This post on this thread is helpful among others, as well as a few of ICC/Aikar's posts on the original thread.
  18. I already read that, and it still doesn't answer why you four got picked to do it.
  19. Please take that conversation to another forum. But those 4 were picked for different reasons. Jack is well. Jack. He knows about technical stuff. Alex owns a large shop on smp2 so he's there for the shop aspect and ruppe stuff. Silken is a genius with normal minecraft things and is extremely nice and helpful. Eklektoi is the same way as silken but seems to find bugs alot so he also makes a good addition.