Suggestion: Thanksgiving Tomahawk

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by fishmeal, Nov 4, 2014.

1. I didn't like Efficiency on it at all, to be honest. Just like unbreaking 3 and sharpness.
    I guess there's been a decent amount of OP promos. We could just have some thanksgiving pie drop from mobs for a day.
    Ooh the whole feast! some mashed potatoes (renamed baked potatoes), turkey (renamed chicken), and I'm sure the your imaginations can take it from there.
  2. How about... A turkey slicer :D
  3. :[
    Promos will get cheaper I guess, if they repeat the same ones every year...
  4. Meh... They could call it the potato slicer, change it up ^-^
  5. or another 4th of july-like promo with native american armor, a bow, baked turkey dropped from chickens, etc.
  6. I swear, if this happens I will rage.
  7. Guys prepare to be mind blown...

Native Feather
    Unbreaking III
    Right Click to obtain Speed III for 8:00 minutes
    An old, ancient feather passed among Empirians on Thanksgiving Day.

Notes:
    *Has a durability bar, maybe 1050 or whatever.
    *The 8:00 minutes do not stack so ever if used multiple times, the max a player can have is a 8:00 minute timer.

Thoughts?
    Dragonhawk32 likes this.
  8. Feathers are finally not the worst item in the game! :D
  9. No. I am American and ignorant. They are Indians.
  10. The name is not terrible. It is actually a good idea. I just like to think that stuff should relate directly to the holiday.
  11. It could make you fly!

...for 5 seconds :p long enough to fall.
  12. Maybe for a feather, no fall damage and jump boost II for 6 mins? That'd make more sense for a feather than speed III. But it is a great idea, I don't wanna steal it from ya
  13. O_O Amazing feather idea. And I agree with neonkillah, fall damage and jump make more sense than speed :)
    Also, maybe not have a durability bar, but maybe a cooldown period, of 30 minutes or something.
  14. Why not make it turkey? Most suggestions aren't very relevant to the occasion.
    That unfortunately wouldn't be possible to do.
  15. Ignore the title of the thread and keep making up ideas! ...even though they probably already decided what the promo is.

It's hard not to be stereotypically racist when thinking of Native American themed promos.
    The original name we said on smp1 was "Thanksgiving Scalping Tomahawk."

I like the feather, but I'm usually against promos that make vanilla items useless (jump potion in 1.8). It'd be good for quick getaways from creepers. I prefer the no fall damage effect, I think.

New terrible idea!
    A soulbound boat called the Mayflower (or Pilgrim's Boat or some other name not as dumb) that drops itself when it breaks returns to your inventory when you get out or when it breaks. :p
    I don't mind making boats pointless. Like the crafting bench, they are already pretty easy to make.
    It would ruin that "Help, my boat broke and there is no land for miles," experience.
  16. Well, the theme was that the sword was a knife, and it's relevance was a reflection in the tradition of cutting the turkey :)

Of course not all items in Minecraft can be used as a promo without a little tweaking, so some imagination is fine but we can't just go around throwing out random, irrelevant promos :)
  17. Why not a giant Chicken spawn egg, a Sword, and special Cooked Chicken, could be like the iday chest stuff,
  18. Hm, the boat seems cool too :)
    Maybe for the "Mayflower," it could possibly have the enchanted glow with like unbreaking 3, and your idea like it goes directly to inventory. Maybe it could also look different from the regular wooden boat? I don't know how it would be implemented to look different, but it would be cool to see :)
    fishmeal likes this.
  19. The actual boat can't have a glow or a different texture without a resource pack, but it's a pretty cool idea, though.
  20. An axe, is a common weapon used by indians. A type of axe is a tomahawk, which is also used by indians. The first thanksgiving was with the pilgrims eating with the indians. Therefore indians are very relevant, and one of their main weapons is an axe. Bam. I want promo axe.
    No racism intended.
    AlexChance and tuqueque like this.