Suggestion: Thanksgiving Tomahawk

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by fishmeal, Nov 4, 2014.

1. +1
    NoahMarcusWhite likes this.
  2. Yeah I'm sure there's a way to make it relevant. I've never seen a flaming turkey slicer irl. I like it better for Christmas, but I wanted it to be a weapon, not for chopping trees. I'm not sure what occasion would ever make it relevant. :p

I honestly like most ideas since then better though. The axe can wait for some other occasion I guess.

The only alternative appearance I can imagine being possible is making it look like a mine cart or some other Minecraft item. It can't be some totally new thing, unfortunately. In your inventory it could be shiny, and it can have particles like the spooky egg does.

If I get a vote, and I don't think I do, I vote for the boat and Thanksgiving dinner.
    Edit: Coding that boat might even help you code a cure for item frames and jukeboxes ;)
  3. How about instead of a tool, a mob? Hell, a Turkey would be a great pet.
  4. I'd like a promo dragon egg for Thanksgiving. They probably ate eggs at the first Thanksgiving dinner, or at least breakfast. and Dragons... c'mon, nothing says Thanksgiving like some dragons.
  5. to be honest i have to say -1 but just a suggestion some leather armor with like prot 5 unbreaking 4 and it looks like a turkey make sense? i dont coppy me idea im watching :p
  6. instead of it looking like a turkey, how about it looks like a pilgrim? and instead of armor make it a promo mob eggified with special lore on it that has buggy glitches that upset people.
  7. I'd rather not see any promos connecting Thanksgiving with Native Americans. There was very little to be thankful for from the Native viewpoint in their encounter with European civilization in the New World, and the adverse affects are still visible hundreds of years later all over the American continents.

I think I saw a suggestion up thread for a Christmas Tree Trimmer. That would be a great name for an axe.
    AlexChance likes this.
  8. Thanksgiving is a celebration of the (momentary) peace that existed between the European settlers and Native Americans. I don't think those settlers were in any way responsible for the later waves of Europeans who warred with and ultimately killed off the local tribes in the coming years/centuries. In fact, they were a religious and peaceful lot, as far as I know. They did come from the same countries I guess.
    Granted, it did not take long for their friends to follow and tragedy with them, so whether or not Thanksgiving itself should be remembered fondly might be in question.

The fact that a feather and a tomahawk are all we could think of is probably indicative of the sad state of things, though I'm sure plenty of them had feathers and tomahawks.

However, I still think the name sucks, and it is much better suited to a Christmas promo. I really just wanted an axe that was as good as a sword. I guess I'll have to wait 'til at least Christmas. :p

There were some good ideas in here for Thanksgiving though, I think. The feather can be a "turkey feather," and the boat a generic "pilgrim's ship." I can't make a good case for why a turkey feather should make you jump higher, even in a fantasy world.

We did just get 2 useful (if repeat) promos in a row. Maybe it's time for something less useful like a collectible pie or food that gives you buffs dropping left and right. I really liked the food-related ideas. No matter what Thanksgiving was in the beginning, it is about food today.