[ SUGGESTION ] Teleporting in Wild

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Hoi, Feb 17, 2013.

?

Would youn like this to be added to EMC?

Yes 18 vote(s) 26.1%
No 31 vote(s) 44.9%
Maybe 20 vote(s) 29.0%
  1. krysyyjane9191Moderator

Posts have been cleaned up to keep this thread on topic. Dont make me do it again please.
    *cough cough*

So, anymore thought processes guys? I think this is comnig along! :D

2. huh? going way off topic. I thought this was * SUGGESTION * topic about Teleporting in Wild.
  3. =VERY off topic
  4. Sry, yeah, i got off topic, anyways, what uses wud there be to teleport in the wild, besides to return to town for a party?

Honestly, if its gonna be that amazing of a party, i think u wud have heard about it on the forums.

I guess there could be an auction, but u cud pm the person your bid, and if ur hosting it, then dont go into the wild.

As simple as that.
  5. Long story short ...
    If the fee for the wild teleport would be too high to be economically viable, only some enthusiasts and people who fail at math would perhaps sporadically use it.
    Vast majority of people with deeper pockets on EMC are good at math and economy and they are also experienced players.
    So it can't be very expensive and work as rupee sink at the same time.

Well, why would you sell something for phony money that is given to people for free (as in free rupees), where you (can) calculate and know in advance that you will only make loss?

A) From economy point of view:
    Because you need some amount money to be able to trade and make some business during a time span when it is (still) possible, when the currency still works, when the prices do not rise too fast.

B) As a hobby:
    You like to dig and collect stuff and give it to your playmates for free anyway, the rupees are there just so you can play "shop."

... Anything else?

So, free rupees can still make some sense, at least temporary and/or as toy money :)
  6. This stuff with numbers is my discalculiac brain hurt...
  7. So, like Monopoly money? XD
  8. Well, in Monopoly, each player gets exactly the same amount of money at the start and the same "salary" for each round. And you can't buy more from the host for RL money. :)

More like some old coins for kids to "-> play shop."
    They can always ask for more when they think they need some :)
  9. I know that it is great when you travel out to 50k blocks knowing that very few ppl will travel that far or even further and start mining in an new spot, when your ready to travel back you then need to chose what to take with you the time it will take you etc.

While it is great to think having a tp to spawn would be of help putting a cost to the tp may prevent ppl using it. All programming take time and what ever is added to the game must be considered in several ways, one of them is how much will it be used and that would be dependent on the cost.

I would like to make a suggestion here, rather then the tp taking you all the way to spawn what if it took you to 10k from the nearest outpost and from there you make your way back. That at least would not change the game too much it would just reduce the time you travel so if your 50k out you can cut out 30k travel 10k to nearest outpost then /town or /home from there.

If it was to ever happen that's how I think it should.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  10. Lol, technically, whil the other player(s) are going to the bathroom, you could bribe the banker with real money XD

Or, if there is no banker, or you are the banker, you could just take it XD

Ya no, a little tip for a part time job (as a thief) XD
  11. :D Yeah, it's a wonder how easy that goes. Especially if the banker says it is a noble thing to do. ROTFL

C) Being clueless: You don't understand what's going on, so you're just floating with the stream :)
  12. :D Idea. How about... *ahrm*... a there-until-destroyed portal that can be set up in an outpost that will take you back to town spawn (and one perm. one at spawn to take you back -- player-sensitive, the way ender chests work)... same shape as a Nether portal (but requiring the corner blocks), but made of... BEACONS. Though, that would be either a) better saved for when wilderness can be claimed or b) most wisely placed very, very far from spawn :cool:
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  13. Wow, that's a brilliant idea! :)
    I'm nominating this for the to-be-established Nobel prize of EMC.

If not added to EMC, we can lobby for it to be added to vanilla MC :)

Umm, I want to share that prize with you ;)
    Let's think about players sharing a portal, so outposts can share one or few portals.
    B = beacon, S = Sponge, P = portal block (the violet thing inside nether portal)
    B - B - B
    B - P - B
    B - P - B
    B - S - B

Building, but also right-clicking on the sponge would set the location.
    Sponge would cost 10k in the /shop, so material for the portal would cost around 120k-150k.
    Isn't that a bit too expensive?
    Or could there be two versions - one single user portal (without sponge and cheaper, some blocks out of obsidian)
    and one multi-user with sponge?

PS: "Wasteland" worlds are already decided thing,
    but this idea would solve the problems
    that "Wastelands" will try to solve in a much better way
    with way fewer undesirable effects.
  14. I know that using the 100 (well, 50 now) vault pages to teleport from (and only from) claimed land in the wild was briefly suggested/discussed on that thread, but I'm sort of in-between on the teleportation topic;

If there's a way to configure it so that no players are at a disadvantage and none are at a "real" advantage, I think it's fine.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  15. I think it is a good idea, but I wouldn't use it.
  16. Once again, im gonna say it

The server is updating to normal mode to make it more fun because people like the challenge. WHERE IS THE CHALLENGE IN TELEPORTING, even if you have to pay for it! Get of your lazy butt and walk the 20k or whatever! infact, you dont even have to get up, you can just sit down, hold down the arrow keys, and press space bar. Not Too Hard. and when night comes, you can hide in a hole if you dislike fighting, or have some fun and fight, ya no, because the challenge of fighting makes minecraft fun.

Anyways, im sure that someone will find a way to abuse this, but theres still no need to take the easy way out.

And, if we were going to implement this idea, atleast try to make it un-abuseable, and maybe give each player a 3 or 5 limit use of teleportation, total, where you can only teleport that many times, and you cant pay to teleport again after that, ever, or, if your making a teleporter, then you cant use it after 3 or 5 uses, so that its only used in emergencies, rather than an easy way out of the fun part of minecraft.
  17. True 100% ... unless it would be 20k for every mining trip :)
    Well, even that wouldn't be a problem for experienced players.

But... EMC wants to attract novice player N that
    A wants to must have all the newest and finest ores and resources
    B wants to find all and everything right in front of his door, ehm, of /wasteland
    C is too young, too dumb, or too lazy to learn how, or all of that together
    D can't survive in survival because of C
    E can never get 20k blocks out because of C and D
    F is possibly even too much C to do B, so will pay $ to get r and buy A
    G won't stop begging and complaining
    ;)

Withe the Smmoke's idea, any player could have exactly one teleport to exactly one location.

So, the dude U would first need a lot of r to buy materials M needed for the teleport T.
    Then he would need to press some keys ⇄⇅␣, move mouse and
    get that 10k blocks out while surviving and not losing M.

This already excludes N (UN), so N wouldn't use the teleport anyway.
    This is why we need Craplands anyway.

Now U would build T, mine and collect materials, then use T to get to the /town.
    After a number of trips, U would disassemble T, and move to a new location by conventional transport methods.
    If T would need sponge S, that would vanish after destroying, then U would need a new S for every relocation of T.
    The price of T would make using it just a bit more expensive than the saved time to travel 10x 10k, so S would cost about 1000 r.
    Now wouldn't that be fun? :)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and RainbowChin like this.
  18. Aikar (or another Mod/admin can't remember :p) already said that they will not input the /tpa command into EMC
  19. But that's not what's being suggested here, something very different is.
  20. A bunch of new ideas popping up, keep it coming! :)