[ SUGGESTION ] Teleporting in Wild

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Hoi, Feb 17, 2013.

?

Would youn like this to be added to EMC?

Yes 18 vote(s) 26.1%
No 31 vote(s) 44.9%
Maybe 20 vote(s) 29.0%
  1. Hmmm it's like making the impossible the possible. Thought I do agree with you. It will take a big challenge out of emc. Which is not a good thing. But can a compromise be made in some form or an other
    NUBlackshirts27 likes this.
  2. Exactly
    NUBlackshirts27 likes this.
  3. If this would be good or not would depend on the price.
    The price would need to be updated on a regular basis according to an adequate price index, for example mix of mined resources.
    The price should be set so that traveling per teleport would be luxurious, i.e. so that traveling by train or on foot or riding a pig would be clearly cheaper.
    I don't think increasing cost exponentially with the distance would be of any good. When the cost would be more than the double of that when traveling by other means, no one would use it.
    I'd suggest (compared with current cost of materials) about 1r per 5 blocks distance (= 2,000r for 10k blocks).
  4. that is extremely TOO cheap.
  5. Problem with that...
    Ender chests are accessible from any ender chest on the server...
    So someone could steal your stuff before you got back to town...
  6. Erm, how?
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  7. I thought enderchests stored item per user profile. I have had not problem with as me and my brother have just tried it and we cant see each others items in the chest. thought it could be something in the setting. I don't know. I see no problem XD
  8. I was not aware of this... Sorry...
  9. lol, there isn't.
    You only see your own inventory, and that's not EMC, that's vanilla game mechanics.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  10. trying not to go off topic but it is not just vanilla game mechanics. It is to do with user profile how is it to remember your items. It is like vault you have your own area. Like here on the EMC website. It is where everything is stored. If there where no profile. It would be the end of not only minecraft, computer, banks ect. Everything relies on something. Data has to be stored somewhere and who it belongs to,
  11. It's nothing to do with any of that lol.
    It's just generally how enderchests work normally.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  12. explain to me the per user then on an enderchest if it not a profile of data per user then what is it. I am only saying this because I work with computers and profiles.
  13. If you want to talk about the proper coding reasons behind them working, then yes.
    But I'm going to lol
  14. Agreed and did you mean to say - But I am not going to lol. Me a bit confused XD
  15. Getting really off-topic here. Anyways, PM me and Rainbow - I haven't read your full discussion and i'm tired right now but I think I can help with your question...as long as I understand it from both sides :p

Anyways, back on topic. We need more rupee drains and I think this is the perfect way to do it. However, the prices would need to be more price-ier.
  16. Sorry I do not mean to go off subject. But when questions get asked normally questions get answered :)
  17. For experienced player, traveling 10k blocks costs between 500 and 1000r (because of needed time and/or railway etc.), depending on how many times the player wants to travel the same way (the same leg) - for example between an outpost and a mining site. So 2000r would be at least double price, meaning the player would pay between 1000 and 1500r for the luxury and, arguably, some safety.

IF you mine for an hour and you fill your inventory and the ender chest (let's say 56 stacks), how much is the mined stuff worth?
    If the travel would cost like 4000r, what would be your net earning from that mining trip?

Even the players with hundreds of thousands or millions of rupees won't fritter away money just like that. And they especially won't go mine for an hour just to make loss. They would rather visit a shop and buy stuff instead of wasting time, you can take my word for it. :)
    Designing rupee drains just with taking away rupees from people in mind won't work.
    Why to give the people free rupees if you just want to take them away? Makes no sense ... and if you think this through, free rupees hardly make any sense altogether.
    Well, actually, they might make some sense (only) as long as the people involved don't realize that they don't. :)
  18. Seriously, it would only work for wild outpost (Last light outpost, Sun streak islands, etc.) if they had anti-griefing protection.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  19. Exactly, like what kilmannan said, portals that teleport your back and forth to the outpost, but that would cost bunches.
  20. My brain hurts now...

And the part about "won't go mine for an hour just to make loss". I would. I don't really care for rupees much because I prefer working for my supplies.
    mba2012 and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.